PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium Games List

Sailar91

40 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Been thinking about upgrading from essential to extra next year and have some questions:

1. Some games have free PS5 upgrades. Do I have access to both versions (PS4+PS5) from games on the extra catalogue?

2. Can I download PS4+PS5 games onto console or is it only streaming?

3. Can I buy DLC and use it for games in the extra catalogue?

4. I heard there were licensing issues when you go from a higher tier back to essential. As in, you "lose" the monthly free games you redeemed from essential if you played the "extra" version of the games. Is that true?

Thanks in advance! <3

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes, the DLC is yours to keep forever but if the game leave the catalogue you have to buy the game 

4) Yes. The only solution is to remember every game that you have through Essential, or pay attention every time a game has the label “In your library” because that means you already have it. If you make the mistake of redeeming a game that you already had you can contact PlayStation to restore the license

@shadaik Yes this is probably the best strategy! I have Premium and basically played only one game in the Classic catalog

Edited by Sailar91
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, shadaik said:

I'm thinking of upgrading the remainder of my current Extra to Premium for a few of the classics. However, going full Premium is not worth it, imho, so: Is there a way to downgrade again at the next renewal?

Can't force it to downgrade, it needs to completely expire as far as I know. I had Premium before and was without PS+ for couple months before I joined Extra.

11 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Can't force it to downgrade, it needs to completely expire as far as I know. I had Premium before and was without PS+ for couple months before I joined Extra.

Sounds like a good way to lose customers. Raise prices, no Black Friday discount, and then you have to let your account expire before downgrading. I suspect some people will get very irritated and take a break after it expires. Premium isn't worth it to me, so i'll have to let it expire and see what happens.

44 minutes ago, shadaik said:

I'm thinking of upgrading the remainder of my current Extra to Premium for a few of the classics. However, going full Premium is not worth it, imho, so: Is there a way to downgrade again at the next renewal?

35 minutes ago, HusKy said:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/subscriptions/change-ps-plus/

Wouldn't this work? Upgrade the remaining time to premium, then change the plan back to extra, so once the premium ends, you're renewed for another year of extra. Kind of an automated way of letting it expire and manually renewing it seems. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

Wouldn't this work? Upgrade the remaining time to premium, then change the plan back to extra, so once the premium ends, you're renewed for another year of extra. Kind of an automated way of letting it expire and manually renewing it seems.

The menus look different with autorenewal disabled (my case). I will test it out in a year and let you know. xD

8 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/subscriptions/change-ps-plus/

Thanks, looks worth a shot!

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Did last month's games leave early? I wasn't gonna play any of them, so I don't know...but this shows as Last Chance to play right now in America.

It Takes Two

Snow Runner

Back4Blood

Devil May Cry 5 (two versions)

Jett

Omno

Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire Ultimate

The Missing

Mitsurugi Kamui Kikae

I really hope those don't leave till January, because I really want to play Pillars II

Says the same for me as well. Ffs I was planning on attempting DMC 5 but thought I'd at least have a month on me to try plat it if they were ever going to remove it. 

It's funny because it also says Snowrunner, added in time for the holidays lol 

Edited by Hitman_Spinksy1

30 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Says the same for me as well. Ffs I was planning on attempting DMC 5 but thought I'd at least have a month on me to try plat it if they were ever going to remove it. 

It's funny because it also says Snowrunner, added in time for the holidays lol 

Looks like The Escapists 2 still says available till the 19th. I'm guessing you'll still have time, and these are leaving in Jan....maybe just displaying early by mistake. I'm starting Pillars now just in case.

I wouldn't count on these being January. Pillars II entered Extra last December, and there's been a noticeable pattern of many games that are leaving having stayed for 1 year.

Assume these are December games that were added late, I had my eye on Pillars II myself for a while now and was expecting it to leave this month.

4 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Did last month's games leave early? I wasn't gonna play any of them, so I don't know...but this shows as Last Chance to play right now in America.

It Takes Two

Snow Runner

Back4Blood

Jett

Omno

The Missing

Mitsurugi Kamui Kikae

I really hope those don't leave till January, because I really want to play Pillars II

Dang, I was planning on cleaning up Mitsurugi at some point in 2024, as I just don't have time right now for longer play sessions for the harder difficulties and to practice my counters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

It Takes Two

Snow Runner

Back4Blood

Jett

Omno

The Missing

Mitsurugi Kamui Kikae

They all show for me as well (EU store), except for Back4Blood (I really hope this game stays a while longer in the catalogue) and The Missing. Until yesterday, I could only see the games that left in November, I never saw the batch leaving in December in the store, must have been some kind of bug.

Well, I've been looking for a game to play next, guess I'll start with Pillars of Eternity 2 then, that makes the decision way easier :D I hope these games leave at the end of January, PoE is a big game and the first game took me more than two weeks to complete (and I even rushed the end a bit because the game was leaving soon from PS+), and I expect the same from the sequel!
Gonna check out Omno as well, it looks adorable.

I specifically remember when It Takes Two was added it was set to leave in January, and Jett was added last January - so to me it points to theyre the January batch of leaving games, with Yakuza 6, Middle Earth etc being the December batch leaving but for whatever reason they never showed up.

I wouldn’t take my word as gospel but I’m fairly sure personally that the last chance to play is for games leaving midway through January. Especially as Yakuza has Offer Ends 19/12 whereas all last chance games like Jett are still just “Included” etc

On 12/8/2023 at 12:07 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

It Takes Two

Snow Runner

Back4Blood

Jett

Omno

The Missing

Mitsurugi Kamui Kikae

I have been checking daily for the past week and the ones in December listed on the forums never showed up in that list either.

I completed Yakuza 6 this week and while playing it, it had the "Leaving Dec 19" - but now both Like a Dragon and Yakuza 6 no longer have it listed as such.

I am now sneaking in Legends of Ethernal and Foreclosed which both does say December 19 still and I have access to them still in the USA

On 12/8/2023 at 5:07 AM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

It Takes Two

Snow Runner

Back4Blood

Jett

Omno

The Missing

Mitsurugi Kamui Kikae

Wait. There's a total totally different list of games leaving in December on the first post of this thread.

Can someone explain this to me?

18 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

Wait. There's a total totally different list of games leaving in December on the first post of this thread.

Can someone explain this to me?

The list in the thread is the list of games confirmed leaving 19/12/23 - yakuza 6 etc, which have not at any point appeared in the “Last Chance to Play” section

The list being talked about - It Takes Two etc, are in the “Last Chance to Play” section but have no date.

either these games are leaving alongside the 19/12/23 dated games, or these are January’s games leaving, preemptively put into the last chance section 

• Like 3

The UK store is finally showing the correct games leaving this month (19/12/23) in the "Last Chance to Play" section.

This "Last Chance to Play" countdown stresses me out each month, but it's better to have it - than not.

30 minutes ago, jsisoo said:

The UK store is finally showing the correct games leaving this month (19/12/23) in the "Last Chance to Play" section.

This "Last Chance to Play" countdown stresses me out each month, but it's better to have it - than not.

No signs of the "preemptive games" mentioned earlier, right? Only ones that are officially announced I hope?

19 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

No signs of the "preemptive games" mentioned earlier, right? Only ones that are officially announced I hope?

Nope, just the 11 that were scheduled for December departure. Thankfully.

Spoiler

PEAatrS.jpg

Here's the January(?) list.

Spoiler

cZ9MNVg.jpg

• Like 2