My Time at Portia

Wild Guns Reloaded

Dandara Trials of Fear Edition 

Edited by Sailar91
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

November games announced. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/11/15/playstation-plus-game-catalog-for-november-teardown-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-superliminal-and-more/

Teardown | PS5
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen | PS4
 Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme vs. Maxi Boost On | PS4
Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition | PS4
 Superliminal | PS4
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising | PS4
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi | PS4
Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz | PS4
River City Melee Mach!! | PS4

CLASSICS:

Grandia | PS4 w/ rewind
Jet Moto | PS4 w/ rewind
Up | PS4
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series | PS4
PaRappa the Rapper 2 | PS4

(S/O to HassanBROBRE in the comments section)

Personally, looking forward to Grandia and Jet Moto. Never played either.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

Hi guys. Every month I choose at least one game that is leaving in order to platinum/100%. November's game was Dandara. I had to use the exploit of turning off the internet conection to make sure it wouldn't become inaccessible. I finished it a few hours ago, past the deadline. Sadly, I didn't have time to play Momodora.

For December, I'm divide between "El Hijo" and "Legenda of Eternal".

Opinions?

10 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

Hi guys. Every month I choose at least one game that is leaving in order to platinum/100%. November's game was Dandara. I had to use the exploit of turning off the internet conection to make sure it wouldn't become inaccessible. I finished it a few hours ago, past the deadline. Sadly, I didn't have time to play Momodora.

For December, I'm divide between "El Hijo" and "Legenda of Eternal".

Opinions?

Wait what, the time extension trick worked for you? I tried to do the same in order to complete ConnecTank, but I couldn't start the game... It worked last year when I was playing Pillars of Eternity, but not this time, and now I'm missing one trophy for platinum...
I'd like to figure out what I did wrong - do you have PS+ Premium or Extra? And do you have the PS App? Sorry for the questions, I'm just kinda annoyed that it could've worked if I did something different and I'd like to figure out what it is that I did wrong 😭

26 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Wait what, the time extension trick worked for you? I tried to do the same in order to complete ConnecTank, but I couldn't start the game... It worked last year when I was playing Pillars of Eternity, but not this time, and now I'm missing one trophy for platinum...
I'd like to figure out what I did wrong - do you have PS+ Premium or Extra? And do you have the PS App? Sorry for the questions, I'm just kinda annoyed that it could've worked if I did something different and I'd like to figure out what it is that I did wrong 😭

iirc its a ps4 vs ps5 thing. you cant do the extension trick on ps5 or at least i was never able too 

18 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

iirc its a ps4 vs ps5 thing. you cant do the extension trick on ps5 or at least i was never able too 

Sadly that can't be it since I used a PS5 for Pillars of Eternity as well 🤔

I'm starting to wonder if I should have signed out of the PS app on my phone, I only installed it a few months ago long after I managed to do the extension trick, it's the only logical explanation why it didn't work this time. If that's truly the case, then I'm an idiot for not thinking about this sooner 🤣

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi

4 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I'm starting to wonder if I should have signed out of the PS app on my phone, I only installed it a few months ago long after I managed to do the extension trick, it's the only logical explanation why it didn't work this time. If that's truly the case, then I'm an idiot for not thinking about this sooner 🤣

That would not be possible, as long as you don't connect your console to the internet, your phone app cannot communicate with your offline console.

6 minutes ago, ryuzakix5 said:

That would not be possible, as long as you don't connect your console to the internet, your phone app cannot communicate with your offline console.

If that's true, then the only difference to last time is my subscription tier - currently I only have Extra, last year when the trick worked I had Premium. Not sure why that would make it not work though.
Some people said it might've been patched, but clearly a few people could still extend their playtime; maybe it's a region thing. There really are not many possibilities as to why it didn't work. 🤔

Whatever the reason is, I'm not relying on this offline trick anymore :D

2 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

If that's true, then the only difference to last time is my subscription tier - currently I only have Extra, last year when the trick worked I had Premium. Not sure why that would make it not work though.
Some people said it might've been patched, but clearly a few people could still extend their playtime; maybe it's a region thing. There really are not many possibilities as to why it didn't work. 🤔

Whatever the reason is, I'm not relying on this offline trick anymore :D

or its a ps4 vs ps5 thing like i said?

I was able to do the license trick for years (with ps4) the day i got my ps5 i was no longer able to do it but other people who had a ps4 (i asked them) said and showed that they were able to do the license trick.

You can still do it (afaik) on ps4 but it has never worked on ps5

Edit: I did this before the change to plus so tiers have nothing to do with it either.....

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

1 minute ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

or its a ps4 vs ps5 thing like i said?

I was able to do the license trick for years (with ps4) the day i got my ps5 i was no longer able to do it but other people who had a ps4 (i asked them) said and showed that they were able to do the license trick.

You can still do it (afaik) on ps4 but it has never worked on ps5

Edit: I did this before the change to plus so tiers have nothing to do with it either.....

26 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I used the trick the first time around on my PS5 as well without any issues.

17 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I used the trick the first time around on my PS5 as well without any issues.

There were multiple reports of people saying they could not do it on ps5 iirc this is the first post claiming that they've ever been able to do it at all on ps5. Are you 100% sure you did it on a ps5 and not ps4 because you played ps5 games prior to December of 2022 when you finished P.O.E

5 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

There were multiple reports of people saying they could not do it on ps5 iirc this is the first post claiming that they've ever been able to do it at all on ps5. Are you 100% sure you did it on a ps5 and not ps4 because you played ps5 games prior to December of 2022 when you finished P.O.E

My PS4 has been collecting dust since I got my PS5 at the beginning of 2021, so yeah, I'm pretty sure :D No reason for me to play anything on a PS4 when I have a PS5, and having it connected only takes up space. My PS4 is happily retired and not connected since 2021.

I have the trophy videos of P.o.E. as well and they were introduced with the PS5.

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi

Just to clarify: I played on PS4, I have PS+ Extra (the highest tier, IIRC), and I left the game ON and internet OFF before I went to work. I returned and finished the speedrun without turning off the console or game application in between. It was well over 22h Brasilia time (GMT -3), and usually the games become unavailable very early in the scheduled day

Been thinking about upgrading from essential to extra next year and have some questions:

1. Some games have free PS5 upgrades. Do I have access to both versions (PS4+PS5) from games on the extra catalogue?

2. Can I download PS4+PS5 games onto console or is it only streaming?

3. Can I buy DLC and use it for games in the extra catalogue?

4. I heard there were licensing issues when you go from a higher tier back to essential. As in, you "lose" the monthly free games you redeemed from essential if you played the "extra" version of the games. Is that true?

Thanks in advance! <3

16 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Been thinking about upgrading from essential to extra next year and have some questions:

1. Some games have free PS5 upgrades. Do I have access to both versions (PS4+PS5) from games on the extra catalogue?

2. Can I download PS4+PS5 games onto console or is it only streaming?

3. Can I buy DLC and use it for games in the extra catalogue?

4. I heard there were licensing issues when you go from a higher tier back to essential. As in, you "lose" the monthly free games you redeemed from essential if you played the "extra" version of the games. Is that true?

Thanks in advance! <3

1. This system is completely separate from the free upgrade system. It's up to each individual publisher whether to make both or only one version of each game available, so you'd have to check the store. I've seen examples of both only the PS4 and only the PS5 version being available, but the majority of games allows both.

2. You can and have to download them, streaming is mostly for PS3 games.

3. Yes.

4. That has been previously reported to be true, users have said that the Extra license overwrote their previous license permanently, locking the game out when it was removed from the Extra library. It's unknown whether it was fixed at any point, but since Extra games only enter your library if you manually claim each individual game, it's easy to avoid since you're aware of it.

• Like 1