New PS+ Service Game List Announced

DEI2EK

Demons souls and Returnal look nice on there but aside from that I'm failing to see where the list is really any different than the two services now.  The spider man and God of war type games that are 3 to 5 years old now have been on sale really cheap so not sure how something like that adds value to a subscription service.  I'll just keep ps plus as I have it and continue to buy the games I want on sale.   

I feel like the ps3 games are way overpriced for what they have on there.   Why would anyone pay the highest tier subscription for that pathetic list?

I think where this thing is failing is lack of new games.   It doesn't do much good to charge a lot of money to provide us with a list of games that have been on the $5 sale rack time and time again over the years. They have to have some new games from time to time to make it worth while.  The way the game pass puts day 1 releases on their service Sony needs to have some of that as well.  Time will tell I guess.   I also wonder if the 3 free games the tier 1 subscribers get for free each month will be 3 games offered on the tier 2 pass  the way they've been doing ps now and ps plus.  If so this whole thing is gonna look a bit lackluster stacked up to Game pass on xbox.

I'm liking the sound of previously purchased PS1 games being made available again on PS4/5. They always should've been, and it's no promise that all of them will, but it sounds good. 

I bought Jet Rider and Driver to play on Vita last year, so I'll be pretty happy to have them on PS4/5. Happier still if they have CRT filters and Trophies. 

Oh boy... if the PS1 games get trophies, I'll probably add all of them to my list, it'll be terrible for my 36% completion lol. 

Pretty underwhelming list of games, in my opinion. On one hand, the PS5 games are intriguing and I hope they add a lot more, but on the other. I bought a disc version so I could get games physically and resell them once I'm done with them. I'm surprised they didn't add Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, but I guess they're really sticking to their guns about not putting 'recent' games on the service.

Most of the PS4 games regularly pop up for dirt cheap, and I'm not exactly creaming my jeans over yet another way to get the Uncharted games. The PS1 games are about on par with the ones available on the Playstation classic, i.e. pretty lame. The PS2 games are the ones that have been available on the PS store for years now, as far as I can tell. 

What ultimately worries me about these kind of subscription services is the whole 'refresh' thing, I hate feeling like I'm in a rush to finish something before it gets taken off the service. The value of the different tiers are also highly reliant on how many games they add over time, and how long it takes them to do so. A couple of PS1/PSP/PS3 games a month isn't going to cut it, so I really hope they go all out with this. 

Also, I don't get why people are setting themselves up for disappointment and expecting trophy support for these old games. Patents often don't result in anything (see every single time people lose their minds over Nintendo Switch-related patents). The fact that trophy support hasn't been mentioned in any of the announcements, especially now that they've talked about features like save states and rewinding, just convinces me that they're not adding them. I'd love to be wrong, trophy support would kick ass, but I think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed. 

Jesus, did everyone forget that the Service is launching with 700+ games ? ? this is NOWHERE NEAR the full lineup as they stated... My prediction (especially with the fact that our Purchases carry over) is that basically EVERY PS1/PS2/PSP games currently available in *insert your region here* will be available on the service Day 1 ?‍♂️

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Having panic purchased Syphon Filter 1-3 and the Omega Strain last year when the PS3 store closure was announced, I'd love to be able to play them on my PS4. Especially since I rarely get to use my PS3 nowadays. 

The Syphon Filter games where the first to leak through the Korean Ratings Board like last month... I believe 1/3/Logan's Shadow/Dark Mirror are a lock? (not sure about any others, I mean SF 2 isn't available for whatever reason here in Australia whilst those 4 are ?‍♂️)

2 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Jesus, did everyone forget that the Service is launching with 700+ games 1f612.png ? this is NOWHERE NEAR the full lineup as they stated... My prediction (especially with the fact that our Purchases carry over) is that basically EVERY PS1/PS2/PSP games currently available in *insert your region here* will be available on the service Day 1 ?‍♂️

You do realise that 95% of those 700 games are just games that are already on PS Now.. 

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

You do realise that 95% of those 700 games are just games that are already on PS Now.. 

Perhaps, I wasn't wrong though ?‍♂️ It's 700+ games, 340 of which are gonna be Classics... Are their anywhere near 340 games for PS3 Streaming plus all of the what, 10 Classics they listed here?

8 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

The Syphon Filter games where the first to leak through the Korean Ratings Board like last month... I believe 1/3/Logan's Shadow/Dark Mirror are a lock? (not sure about any others, I mean SF 2 isn't available for whatever reason here in Australia whilst those 4 are ?‍♂️)

That's bizarre about 2 not being available.

I have never played Logan's Shadow or Dark Mirror so that'd be cool to get them.

10 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Jesus, did everyone forget that the Service is launching with 700+ games 1f612.png ? this is NOWHERE NEAR the full lineup as they stated... My prediction (especially with the fact that our Purchases carry over) is that basically EVERY PS1/PS2/PSP games currently available in *insert your region here* will be available on the service Day 1 ?‍♂️

Then why not show the FULL list? No one wants to pay for a half baked list. Sony is calling the higest tier for premium. Theres nothing premium about the current list of games.

Finally had more time today to check the list again. I might end up playing the following games:

• Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
  • Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games,  PS5
  • Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
  • Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4

• Far Cry 3 Remaster*** | Ubisoft, PS4 (if the remaster is good)
  • Far Cry 4*** | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4 
  • Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
  • Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole*** | Ubisoft, PS4
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division*** | Ubisoft, PS4

That's more than enough to keep me busy for a year. That's on top of my current backlog of PS Plus games from the past 3 years that I still intend to play. And hopefully, some of the games I started recently from PS Now will stay available (Desperados 3, Moving Out, Victor Vran). I'm very happy with the provided titles. It simply pays off to be a patient gamer these days and not buy the newest titles right away.

Having pre-purchased PS Now a few months ago, makes the deal even sweeter. Tons of content to enjoy for 60$.