Which Series is the hardest and most well earned to Platinum

So I've been racking my brain as to which series would be the most impressive to plat from entry 1 to current release. For instance currently I am working on the long term goal of Plat/100%ing every Yakuza game. (0 - 7, Judgement, and Lost Judgement.) Currently at over 50% for every entry except for Judgement (at 40% as of this post). Which series do you have the most pride in completing fully or which ones are you gunning for currently?

Well, by this time next year there'll be 1,241 variations of the Jumping Food Item games so no matter what you may think of the games themselves, completing it will be... some kind of achievement anyway.

• Like 4

It depends on the genre. For action, Ninja Gaiden would be top awesome, but the most difficult is probably the Devil May Cry series. For racing, Gran Turismo would be an Olympic-tier achievement. And it would take a very long time too. For rpgs, the Final Fantasy series is a big deal. And from old school series remastered or re-released, the Mega Man series (original, X, and Zero series) are definitely well-known and difficult. I don't have any of these completed and have no time, desire, or patience to plat an entire series, but I'm sharing the gaming knowledge lol. For my taste, I think that the most fun would be had with the Castlevania series (including the Bloodstained series and the Advanced Collection), but it's obviously not the most difficult. If you really want top difficult BUT still fun to play, the only thing that comes to mind from what I know is Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and you can get all 3 from the Ps4's ninja gaiden master collection.

• Like 3

Probably an unpopular opinion, but sports games like FIFA or NBA. I often see sub 1% platinums. As far as I know, it's caused by card collecting stuff and online shutdowns. People who play these games will explain better. But you'll rarely see people with more than a few of those completed.

Other than that, Final Fantasy should be up there. Call of Duty should be up there. 

One I'm not sure about is Sonic. There are many games, and most of them are ultra rare. Must be hard to complete too, I assume.

• Like 1

Me personally, im going for a full GTA list. 

When im done, i would have : 

Grand Theft Auto 3

Grand Theft Auto - Vice City

Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto 4 (including Lost & Damned + Ballad of Gay Tony)

Grand Theft Auto 5

Im working on 4 and San Andreas already, and already have 100% in GTA 5. 

If 1 & 2 comes with trophies at some point, i would do them too.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

Well, by this time next year there'll be 1138 variations of the Jumping Food Item games so no matter what you may think of the games themselves, completing it will be... some kind of achievement anyway.

Fixed that for you ?

Seconded on the Rock Band series, can confirm myself ?

Wipeout games are also tough, same as Injustice if that counts as a series.

Maybe MGS too, as I hear some of those are tough, and the LEGO games which aren't that tough but due to the sheer amount of them lol.

• Like 1

I echo @Squirlruler’s sentiment. Guitar Hero for sure, it offers some of the hardest platinums on psn, and the consistency of the difficulty would be pretty good if Warriors of Rock and GH5 didn’t exist. Sadly Metallica and smash hits aren’t possible anymore though.

Rock band fits into this category too, but RB2 stealthily became unobtainable last year. I’m not sure what else tbh, a lot of really difficult games end up being one-offs, and if it gets a sequel it’s severely nerfed. Outside of difficulty, it’s always nice seeing people do the entire CoD collection, Kingdom Hearts and Lego (most skip Lego Rock Band). I always admire persistence.

Edited by Darkette

If 2D platformers were series, then that, I don't recall a single easy 2D platformer plat. Also any series with multiplayer skill-related trophies, some of them pretty much force you to boost them, ruining the experience for you and your fellow teammates.
Non-smartass answer - Devil May Cry and Yakuza series have both hard and time consuming platinum trophies.

On 4. 6. 2022 at 6:24 AM, LukeTheGooner said:

Crash Bandicoot or Uncharted series, both would be very impressive

Uncharted is pretty easy and all games have 10%+ platinum rate. I have them all except Lost Legacy, since I didn't enjoy that one much. Crash is definitely up there though.