(Change.org petition) SONY must re-open online servers for 1st party games on PS3

iman_generous

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Se você quiser repetir os modos online de Resistance 1 e MotorStorm 1, procure por PS Online Network Emulated, ou PSONE.

não use com outros jogos habilitados para troféus .

Dito isto, a petição não funcionará. Também gostaria que eles lançassem uma atualização final para o GT6, como fizeram com o GT5, para desabilitar totalmente todos os recursos online, ou seja, bloquear certos menus.

I agree with you, a game that became impossible to platinum was Mad Max because of Warner closing the server and a miserable online goal that could be removed, they didn't.

I few days ago I read somebody else's comment how the dumbest threads, posts and ideas comes from users with single digit post count and without profile pic.
Well, kudos to OP for at least having the profile picture.
edit: The "must" part actually makes me kinda angry, absolute Karen-tier behavior, just as bad as corporate dicksuckers from the opposite side. Sony doesn't have to do anything which isn't in terms and conditions, since it isn't Mom's Friendly Videogame Company, but a business. Just as McDonalds won't keep a restaurant open if they're not getting any customers, Sony won't keep servers online for games that nobody will play.
Enjoy the service they're providing and if you're not satisfied, don't pay for it. But don't expect they'll bent over backwards for every whim people come up with and don't make these fruitless campaigns.
Also, at this point, just accept that plenty of games are now impossible to 100% and will be forever. Your mindset is sending you towards the downward spiral.

Edited by czDante92
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, TiO_Olei said:

I agree with you, a game that became impossible to platinum was Mad Max because of Warner closing the server and a miserable online goal that could be removed, they didn't.

No wait, GT5 was different. It was useless to keep certain modes available and they disabled it. The trophies weren't altered.

Add to the matter that it wouldn't even be on Sony's behalf to bring the servers back, the DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES who were dealing with said servers would have to do so. Thanks for making my day though, I needed something stupid and funny to read.

• Like 1

Developers make games because they love money, they dont make them because they like to create another worlds and share with people. It just happen that they have costumers that do love their products and are willing to pay. Thats how our world works.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That’s not actually true…

…but what is true, is that the things that have changed as a result of change.org petitions were genuine issues - usually ones where the petition simply served to publicise an issue virtually no one would reasonably be opposed to fixing once they knew about it.

This… is not that.

Yep, the only petitions that actually work are for serious issues, i.e. social, environment, politics and things like that.

This one is just a whim.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 3

I agree it would be nice, but realistically I don’t think this will ever happen, and Sony certainly won’t give two shits about a petition signed by a few people on Change.org.

What is much more likely is that players and fans will find a way to restore the online functionality through private servers or something. I’ve seen a few games where they’ve done this already, such as Demon’s Souls. The DS subreddit used to have the DNS codes you needed to use on your PS3 to access the online and it worked great. Been a few years though so I’m not sure if it’s still around or how many other communities might have revived online functionality in some of these games.

• Like 2

13 people have signed the petition thus far keep going guys, and you will force the high and mighty SONY to spend money for online services that were dead before they were shutdown just too please us trophy hunters which we are a very small group.

I needed a laugh today and this thread has provided it. As much as many of us here would love it to happen, it never will, so just move on and look to the future now and just complete what games are available.