obligatory trophy thoughts thread

MonaSaxPayne

Everyone here is fixated on the speedrun trophy and I'm just concerned about what all is required for the collect all badges trophy. Are these collectibles, or are they badges that you earn for doing certain things, kind of like the badges in Metal Gear Solid 4?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jdizzle0420 said:

I think it's weird that every game this publisher has (except for The Pathless), the plat is called All Done. I noticed it the other day when playing a few of their games from + Extra.

I like the touch, nice continuity. Also Annapurna (purrna?) are amazing. 

-----------------

Without jinxing it (sorry) I imagine this is going to be pretty doable after a playthrough, knowing what to do (PowerPyx telling us what to do, most likely). I find speedrun achievements or trophies in most games are pretty lenient, and more about efficiency/good knowledge of the game over skill -- aka: so long as you know what to do and don't dally, you'll like get it. I'm more "concerned" about the no dying segments, but a bit of challenge looks nice and in general this looks like a fun trophy list. 

The only time I felt the speed requirement was insanely tight from memory was Hard to the Core in Little Nightmares. An almost perfect run is around 53-56 minutes, and that was without factoring in that you cannot die. Very tough achievement/trophy legit, because you not only have to be cautious, but be quick too. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

On 12/07/2022 at 1:53 AM, DonaldoNYC said:

Ugh! Not happy about the speed run trophy... Seems to go against the idea of the game.

i mean i hate speedrun trophies too but how does it go against the idea of the game? from what i've seen so far its very platformy(that a word?) and you go fast!

• Like 1

I really have grown to dislike platformers and I never really liked puzzles. So if this is that, I'll skip it or have my wife do they hard parts. But if it's not bad, the only one I'd be concerned about is the speed run.

I just had my wife help me with spongebob, on here it's rated as a 2/10 I think it's more 4 or 5/10. So I'm not looking forward to more puzzles/platformers at the moment. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:08 AM, shakie19 said:

So the cat is out of the bag.

It’s not a purrfect list but it’s pretty close.

Can’t wait to get my claws into this one, I’m feline hyped!

I’ll get my coat

I am feeling pawsitive about this game as well! And we're very furtunate to get this game as a PS+ collection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

The list looks as easy as most new games' lists. I just don't know why everyone is so amped for this game. It stars a cat? That's all it takes? I mean, I'm going to play it, but I'm not expecting it to be that fantastic. 

To be fair I’ve personally been interested in this game since I saw it in a Gameranx video ages ago, but despite that I’m still kinda annoyed with how hyped people are for this one. I mean I would totally get it if this was starring a dog, but a cat? Pfffff

• Like 1

To be honest I like the cover image for the Ps4 list a lot better, actually showing the cat and some colours. I've started to get tired of the Ps5 trophy list cover images being a basic black box with white text (Kena being another example). But of course I'll still play the Ps5 version ?

• Like 4