Kena Bridge of Spirits Anniversary update.

snakebit10

21 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.png Gonna happen dude…

On the plus side though, given there was already a Master difficulty trophy, I’d be fairly surprised if the new trophies were difficulty specific - unless they add an even higher difficulty- a “Brutal” mode or something.

Most likely, I expect to see a “Complete NG+” trophy, but without a specific difficulty tied to it - and that will likely make the existing Master Difficulty trophy a bit easier, as it will be able to be combined with NG+ to keep some upgrades.

Speculation of course - I could be dead wrong - but that’s my best guess based on nothing at all!

Ahem. What did I just say?

I can probably tolerate completing a New Game+ playthrough on any difficulty.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, notandrebraun said:

Ahem. What did I just say?

I can probably tolerate completing a New Game+ playthrough on any difficulty.

To be honest I can't, I didn't like the game at all and don't want to touch it ever again. I'm even thinking about not going for the 100% (although I normally always try that with the games I start)… but I'm not sure if it's worth it for me if I don't have any fun at all. But I guess I'm in the minority with disliking the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

To be honest I can't, I didn't like the game at all and don't want to touch it ever again. I'm even thinking about not going for the 100% (although I normally always try that with the games I start)… but I'm not sure if it's worth it for me if I don't have any fun at all. But I guess I'm in the minority with disliking the game.

I agree with you. After completing the game on master difficulty, my opinion on it changed significantly. Not to mention that there were other issues with it, which caused my opinion to change beforehand. "Dislike" is an understatement.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Given the recent trend of adding in NG+ trophies, I expect there to be a trophy for beating it on NG+ and one for beating the game on the new hardest difficulty. Maybe they will call it Grandmaster Difficulty or Master+. Hopefully they won't for completionists' sake but...

Fortunately, Ember Lab hasn't announced any new difficulties being added to the game, which is the type of information to usually be disclosed in a trailer, such as with Horizon: Forbidden West's New Game+ update trailer. The New Game+, new abilities for Kena, charmstones that can be equipped to adjust Kena's statistics and abilities in combat, spirit guide challenge trials, and an enhanced photo mode are probably among the majority of significant additions to the game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

You're not the only one. I thought the game was pretty meh on the first run-through, and by the time I was done with master I hated it. If they just want us to do a new game plus run-through, it's only like 4 hours to beat the game if you skip all the stuff. My concern is they are going to have a Gold rank all the trials kinda thing. Getting Days Gone flashbacks I guess. 

Edited by XileLerinril
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

You're not the only one. I thought the game was pretty meh on the first run-through, and by the time I was done with master I hated it. If they just want us to do a new game plus run-through, it's only like 4 hours to beat the game if you skip all the stuff. My concern is they are going to have a Gold rank all the trials kinda thing. Getting Days Gone flashbacks I guess. 

I have the same concern. I could manage to rush through the game on "new game plus" on an easy difficulty with skipping everything, I guess that's doable while watching a movie or something like that in the background, but gold ranking trials or even playing through a new, harder difficulty with new game plus for one trophy? Please no ?

• Like 2

Once I have the Platinum, I'm trying to be a bit more chill with DLC/NG+ updates unless I love the game from now on. It's rarely worth it for the 2-3 trophies, and unlike Xbox - where you lose your 100% - you at least always have that Platinum trophy on PlayStation. I was disappointed by  Kena a bit (had its moments, but I think it was vastly overrated - although the rot are adorable) and don't really have the interest to go back if there is a lot of title update content. Same for HFW. I felt it was a step back from HZD in a lot of ways, and whilst I don't regret my time with it, I have no interest into doing 2 playthroughs for 3 trophies. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

The spirit guide challenge trials, in my opinion, are likely to be the only difficult addition of the update. New Game+ has potential depending on its requirements.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notandrebraun said:

We must have played a different game.

Haha no doubt, I was tearing my hair out on some of the bosses. But honestly every time I beat a boss I felt like I accomplished something. I really had to learn the bosses to get through rather than it being based on luck. I really enjoyed the game on normal and loved it by the end of master. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, TenebraZero said:

Well, in trailer there Is no mention of new trophies, so probably there won't be. I Hope so, i don't want to replay the game on master difficulty nor play the new challenges.

they usually don't announce new trophies in trailers, from my experience with all the ubisoft games at least.

42 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

How much easier does everyone think NG+ will make the game on Hard difficulty?

I think people will still have a hard time at the end of the game. I thought the game was fair honestly on Master. End bosses though you have to utilize all your skills IMO.

25 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

It wiil make lt easier starting out but the end will be the same.   It's best to suffer in the beginning to prep you for the end imo.   

There are new charms to increase your abilities, they may help to make it easier.

The new challenge type mode has extra as well I think and if trophies are tied to that, even though it may be hard, bonuses from that could potentially make UH much easier.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the unique charms that the Trials mode can unlock grant perks that make you OP.

Guess we'll see ;)

I'm just glad I held of on playing!!

23 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

There are new charms to increase your abilities, they may help to make it easier.

The new challenge type mode has extra as well I think and if trophies are tied to that, even though it may be hard, bonuses from that could potentially make UH much easier.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the unique charms that the Trials mode can unlock grant perks that make you OP.

Guess we'll see ;)

I'm just glad I held of on playing!!

I think you will enjoy it.  the combat is pretty fun and it's something you progressively feel like you're improving at.  Very good game I wold imagine for a speed runner.  My only problem with going back is the process of mastering the combat came as a result of practice so going  back to do some really hard challenges is gonna be like starting all over on a very hard difficulty.  I'm thinking the thing to do may be just to play the game again before doing the challeges.  We'll see.  I'd rather be pushing forward with the next game but I will probably do this at some point.

• Like 1