CFW users on PS3 leaderboards is getting worse (No response from CRT)

GUDGER666

20 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

You don't mean the guy with 2012 Uncharted: Golden Abyss trophies in the middle of 2020 games, do you? To this day, I still fail to see how that's possible Hg7n4cp.png

In theory, it could be a Vita with only one game played that remained offline for 8 years while the user played a different Vita. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

In theory, it could be a Vita with only one game played that remained offline for 8 years while the user played a different Vita. 

This sort of thing is happening with PS3 specific titles such as Call of Duty Black Ops 1, where there is players who have top 50 100% fastest leaderboard placement with identical times of 1 day and 23 hours. You look at their games and they earned trophies in 2014 for example, yet is placed in their 2021-2022 timeline.

I can't remember the amount of time I flagged these users, yet they just create another account and go back on the leaderboards.

Edited by TriadThunder-X

8 hours ago, Smashero said:

Usually those are just same trophy lists copy-pasted via CFW, in 99% of cases you can see exactly same timestamps on couple profiles. Why such trophies and profiles couldn't be automatically removed from site, since they are keep coming with exactly same data and they are well known to CRT?

Like:
https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/72-fifa-09/46-real-world-winner
https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1182-need-for-speed-the-run/37-king-for-a-day
https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/36-wipeout-hd/32-connected-1

Aaaand many more, but those are my favourite :D. 
(mentioned only PS3, it is way much more interesting to follow PSV unobtainale trophies :D).

Wow 23 profiles got the Real World Winner trophy, after it was no longer obtainable. Real World Winner trophy was only available from March 19th, 2009 to June 3rd, 2009. The cheating removal team have a lot of work to do.

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, also has a lot of profiles earning trophies after the online server shutdown on October 1, 2012. 

4 hours ago, TriadThunder-X said:

This sort of thing is happening with PS3 specific titles such as Call of Duty Black Ops 1, where there is players who have top 50 100% fastest leaderboard placement with identical times of 1 day and 23 hours. You look at their games and they earned trophies in 2014 for example, yet is placed in their 2021-2022 timeline.

I can't remember the amount of time I flagged these users, yet they just create another account and go back on the leaderboards.

For GTA 4, the fastest 100% achievers who have CFW profiles always have a time completed of 6 days and 17 hours.  

Edited by x7251

6 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

In theory, a lot of cheat tropy lists could be explained by unsynched consoles or dead consoles coming back to life after many years, but we all know this is actually cheated because no one would ever leave a game that has unobtainables unsynched for that many years. It is also stated in the rules that you should not create situations like this because they're pretty much mimicking CFW timestamp editing and it's not wanted on the leaderboards.

• Like 2

The amount of profiles with trophies earned before trophies were even invented or years before a game was released is laughable, I don't know why there isn't more automation because it's impossible for the CRT to keep up

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 1

I knew some guy who was doing this and posting like every 3 days a platinum on some facebook groups, saying he is of the best profiles and bla bla bla, until he got banned from brazilian trophy site, and from the groups, then he starts to rage and rally against the facebook group leader

Obs: in this site, when you got a ban, you receive a giant red flag above your profile

Edited by nabinha
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

I just don't see how or why. I find it interesting the date is June, right after a May game, leading me to believe it was stamped, but they didn't realize it was 2012 stamps instead of 2020 until the game was synced. 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

That's a long gap.

I have one particular example in my trophy list that bugs me til now. It's very hard to spot because it's few days in between, but when I was on vacation that time, I didn't have any wifi connection, so I played both Jetpack Joyride and Ratchet 2 while in offline mode. Due to my OCD with my trophy list, I wanted Jetpack Joyride next to Shrek and Ratchet 2 next. So I 100% Jetpack and then Ratchet. When I connected online, I sync my trophies and they got mixed up ? until this day, both psnp and psn, Ratchet shows up more recent than Joyride, even the dates of earning are correct. 

14 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

You don't mean the guy with 2012 Uncharted: Golden Abyss trophies in the middle of 2020 games, do you? To this day, I still fail to see how that's possible Hg7n4cp.png

this happened to me, too. but with fifa 14

iLZXXv1.png

i have not played playstation from april 2017 until february 2019 but fifa 14 appeared there for no reason.. it's an PSN error

Edited by PETMAN3000

7 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

In theory, a lot of cheat tropy lists could be explained by unsynched consoles or dead consoles coming back to life after many years, but we all know this is actually cheated because no one would ever leave a game that has unobtainables unsynched for that many years. It is also stated in the rules that you should not create situations like this because they're pretty much mimicking CFW timestamp editing and it's not wanted on the leaderboards.

You have to draw the line somewhere though. If it's one occasion on a profile without other typical cheater patterns then I don't think it should be flagged even if it's likely cheated. If it's across numerous games and in a way that could only be replicated by keeping five different PS3 consoles offline for 10 years then that's of course a lot more suspicious. If it's also difficult/time consuming games or games with unobtainable trophies then it should be flagged. You have to judge it on a case-by-case basis. The game mentioned in the image was Uncharted: Golden Abyss which is not unobtainable or particularly time consuming/difficult. 

I think it's more important not to flag innocent people than catch every single cheater. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TriadThunder-X said:

Lets not mention long time psnp users who have clearly cheated, yet can't be reported or won't be removed.

How do you tell when something is "clearly cheated"? I have old games that I did the online stuff in years ago but didn't finish the platinum until much later (Not cheated). It'd feel pretty crap if someone tried to flag me for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyWalton66 said:

How do you tell when something is "clearly cheated"? I have old games that I did the online stuff in years ago but didn't finish the platinum until much later (Not cheated). It'd feel pretty crap if someone tried to flag me for that.

No one has suggested flagging "old games that I did the online stuff in years ago but didn't finish the platinum until much later" unless it appears in an unnatural order among the games in your trophy list. If you played the games normally and synched the trophies normally then no one is out to get you or even remotely suggesting you should be reported. 

"Clearly cheated" is when a game with a platinum time stamp from 2012 "magically" appears at the top of the games you most recently earned trophies in. This does not happen when playing games normally.

The 2012 game in question was there in 2012, and I know how it happened. You can put your pitchforks and torches down.

I'd love "some" automation, but not for everything, or even most detection. The main problem is that it needs to be completely foolproof against false positives, or else it's a real pain to fix since the site would keep autoflagging someone potentially innocent.

• Like 1

I was curious to see how other trophy tracking websites tackle this issue and looked around.
I believe some of the other trophy tracking websites might operate in a similar way regarding cheat detection, but I'm unclear on how much of the process includes automation.
I don't work on any of these websites so these are just guesses I made based on observations.

TrueTrophies
According to their cheat policy https://www.(URL not allowed)/cheatpolicy.aspx the cheat process starts with a manual complaint to a panel for an investigation.  It doesn't detail if the investigation includes any automation.  However, based on a sample investigation report shared with me it looks like the investigation panel may use an automated process to partially compile a list of some of the player's cheated games.

Below is an excerpt of the report:

TLg1nvS.png

PSN Trophy Leaders
I think there is some automation being done.  As a test, I added several PSN IDs that have 100% in games where the 100% is not possible.  After the PSN IDs have been added, I checked back 5 or 10 minutes later and all the PSN IDs have been flagged for inaccurate data.  I can't be sure if this was just an active vigilant community monitoring/reporting or an automated process.  The speed of detection is relatively quick though.

There is a manual "Report Suspicious Trophies" link on each profile and a forum called "Inaccurate Data Appeals".  However, I don't know anything about those processes.

ExoPhase
I think there might be some automation.  I didn't try adding any PSN IDs.  I looked over the leaderboards of some games where 100% is not possible.  There are some devoid of 100% but others have a lot of 100%.  I can't tell if this is an automated detection process for some chosen games or members closely watching out for those games.

There is a manual "Report" link on each profile and an "Appeals" sub-forum under the "Feedback & Support" forum.
However, I don't know anything about those processes.

PSN100
I think this is one is purely automated.  The believe the webmaster has an automated job that runs periodically to check for specific cheats.  Once the job labels a player as having "funny looking trophy data" a link appears on the profile showing what was flagged.
I didn't see any manual way of flagging a profile though.

PST.org
I'm not sure how the site handles cheats.  I think their automated trophy tracking system is in the early stages.  Handling cheats may be looked into later on when their system has progressed/developed further.

Looking around, it appears some of the other sites might or might not have automation as part of their cheat process.  There may also be a community portion when it comes to cheat detection.  It is interesting to see how each trophy tracking website handles cheat detection.  I'm sure there are trade-offs to the pros and cons to each implemented method.

Edited by sweeping-lamp3
Removed comma in TT link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

PST.org
I'm not sure how the site handles cheats.  I think their automated trophy tracking system is in the early stages.  Handling cheats may be looked into later on when their system has progressed/developed further.

.org leaderboards have zero cheat detection/enforcement

ive been helping tons of ps3 users with the new password setup. one of the most common questions i was getting at first was how to fix it on the jailbreaks or hens whatever. i havent had any of those questions in a while now but i was pretty surprised how many were doing it. weather or not they do it for trophies or just to custom their ps3 i dunno but yah kinda stinks.

16 hours ago, B1rvine said:

The 2012 game in question was there in 2012, and I know how it happened. You can put your pitchforks and torches down.

I'd love "some" automation, but not for everything, or even most detection. The main problem is that it needs to be completely foolproof against false positives, or else it's a real pain to fix since the site would keep autoflagging someone potentially innocent.

Agreed. Automation should serve as a notice to arbiters here, but not as an automatic flag.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems these CFW users have stopped getting removed for some reason, every few days a new one pops up mostly in top 50 and it seems to all be the same person just making multiple accounts. Every time i make progress up the leaderboard I'm almost straight back down because of it. Getting sick of it. 

Edited by GUDGER666