Words and phrases that you hate...

Dreakon139

• 3 weeks later...

"I could care less" when it should be "I couldn't care less.

Hella (No idea what that even means)

Bro, Braw and everything else in the "bro" category.

Really, most internet lingo seems goofy and bothersome to me but what gets on my nerves more than anything else is text speak. I've heard people say "lol" instead of actually laughing (insane, isn't it?) and when people type on forums using numbers or symbols instead of letters it drives me mad. Hell, if I ever text (which I think is pointless, if you need to talk to me give me a call, you're using a phone anyway) I always use punctuation, capitalization and correct grammar.

Parker

• Like 3

'Gay', there is really no good way to use this word anymore, and it's used all to often as a fill-in word, it's replaced 'stupid' as a standard insult.

'Fuck' is another fill in.

'Shit' has been gaining ground as a fill in on those two for a while now, even in games, I've been playing Uncharted 2 recently, and was surprised how often Drake said 'shit', it's just lazy, same as 'gay' and 'fuck'.

"I could care less" when it should be "I couldn't care less.

Bro, Braw and everything else in the "bro" category.

Really, most internet lingo seems goofy and bothersome to me but what gets on my nerves more than anything else is text speak. I've heard people say "lol" instead of actually laughing (insane, isn't it?) and when people type on forums using numbers or symbols instead of letters it drives me mad. Hell, if I ever text (which I think is pointless, if you need to talk to me give me a call, you're using a phone anyway) I always use punctuation, capitalization and correct grammar.

Parker

Agreed with all of this.

and when people type on forums using numbers or symbols instead of letters it drives me mad. Hell, if I ever text (which I think is pointless, if you need to talk to me give me a call, you're using a phone anyway) I always use punctuation, capitalization and correct grammar.

I could not agree more, so I will steal your post and use it as mine as well. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

better luck next time.

that phrase drives Me bonkers.!! th_pull_hair.gif

especially if I needed some good fortune NOW.!!!

If someone only writes "Ok" as an answer, it makes me want to punch them in the face. Seriously.

what if that's all that's needed. hahaha

• 4 weeks later...

"Whatever"

:angry:

Like when it's used in an argument when the person has nothing else smart to say;

"You're completely wrong, here's all the facts proving this to you"

"Whatever"

:|

People just say "whatever" whenever they don't want to admit they have realized they were wrong mid argument.

On other note "Get on my level" started to get annoying as I played bit of Call of Duty this weekend.

Ironic as it may be I can't stand the term "hater".

When someone is being a genuine piece of shit and someone else calls them out on it that term has given said piece of shit an out. They just have to dismiss the person as a "hater" and continue on being a piece of shit instead of actually considering they may truly be acting like a waste of life and change their ways.

Snooki is a great example. Instead of wondering why so many people want to vomit at the simple thought of her she just calls them "haters" and continues to single handedly dumb down society as a whole.

It's because of that stupid ass word that people like Snooki are elevated and reveared now-a-days. Before that word came around it was people actually contributed something to the world, like Bruce Lee, who were admired by the people who inhabited it.

One that I used to hear a lot while was "Make yourself useful"

That drives me up the wall so flipping bad, especially when said person is doing absolutely NOTHING to help with the situation.

Not a violent person but when someone says it to anyone I get so mad I have to say something :angry: School suspension for the win!