Games You Want, But the Trophies Deterred You

kkulifay

I’ll start. Returnal on PS5 because the RNG with the collectibles sounds maddening. 

Black Ops III and IV on PS4 because Black Ops II was enough for me. I love the COD campaigns, but the Multiplayer and Zombies trophies make me turn the other cheek. What are yours?

• Like 2

Nothing. Trophies don't deter me from anything. I'll play games with unobtainable trophies, idc.

Now, putting games in the backlog because of trophies... hehehe. You got me there. Danganropa V3, Trails of Cold Steel, and Death Stranding. Definitely been putting them off due to trophies. Haha

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Nothing. Trophies don't deter me from anything. I'll play games with unobtainable trophies, idc.

Now, putting games in the backlog because of trophies... hehehe. You got me there. Danganropa V3, Trails of Cold Steel, and Death Stranding. Definitely been putting them off due to trophies. Haha

Moderator: May you please move this topic under “PlayStation Network” please? 

I don't avoid games, but I will sometimes decide right at the outset that I'm not going in with trophies in mind, and won't be relentlessly pursuing them. 

Sometimes I do actually end up getting them eventually, (though in no hurry!) - such as with Lumines Remastered / Curse of the Dead Gods / Rogue Legacy etc, all of which I didn't really go in thinking would be feasible...

...Some still elude me, like Tetris Effect ...

and some I know right from the get-go I'm not going to even bother with some trophies, like Wolfenstein 2 / GTA V / Street Fighter IV etc. ?

Can't say I've ever seen a game I'm super excited about, and just flat out refused to load up out of aversion to a rough list though.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
I don't spell words good
  • Like 2

For me it's just 4 simple words "Crypt of the Necrodancer" I don't even have to go through the details right? This game is just simply the hardest plat ever assemble and it will likely stay that way for a long while if forever.

I have around 100hrs played on steam just for fun and its one of those games that the more you play the more you realize how insane and sad it will be to go for that ride.

This is the only game I will never go for anything outside of this is doable for me with enough time.

Edited by Abraniell

If you let trophies scare you away from playing a game altogether then you're not a true gamer. At the very least you should look into playing the game on a different platform or account so you can enjoy the experience without worrying about the trophies. If you can't find enjoyment in the game without the trophies then you probably can't be fixed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

Alien Isolation.

It's been on sale so much, I've watched the trailer a dozen times.

My only excuse at this point is bottling it.

I did just buy Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen on sale. The only thing that was putting me off was the fact it has 1 single autosave slot. Which I think is going to be pretty unforgiving. But I'm going start it anyway.

As I recall Optinooby has an excellent text and video guide for Alien Isolation which held my hand in dark and terrifying halls of this game which enabled me to Platinum the game in one run. (There are no DLC trophies.) He also has a great fast leveling guide for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen which helped immensely. 

As for the games that scared me off from me doing them, here are a few that come to mind:

Any Crash Bandicoot game, the first game scarred me and I don't have any desire to go through it again in 2 and 3 let alone 4. Still on the fence for Team Racing. 

Dark Souls 2 and 3 - really not feeling multiple playthroughs for rings and whatnot.

Nioh - those DLC difficulty trophies and multiple playthroughs.

Mafia 3 - glitching trophies. 

XCOM 2 - I have a soft spot for RTS's but I tend to get my butt handed to me on any difficulty above Easy. ?

Plenty of others I'm sure but those all came to mind.

• Like 1

Honestly, probably a lot of RPGs. Not for one trophy in particular, but because of the time commitment. It's the same reason I avoid watching shows that have continuing episodes. I'd rather watch a 2 hour movie and be done with it than chain myself to a 60+ hour serial that I may not even enjoy.

Of course, I was like that with RPGs even before trophies.

For something specific... Maybe Catherine, I guess? That's a game that looks like it could be ruined by trophies. Pretty much anything that requires multiple playthroughs. Not really feeling Ghost of Tsushima's DLC. Crash 4 is probably beyond my skill level.

Nope, this isn't a 100% account.  Now I haven't got a game because of a lack of trophies.  Eternal Sonata.

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

I predict spiciness in this thread xD 

Anyway, Crash Bandicoot 2. Would probably play it, but knowing that I can't stop myself from platinuming it AND knowing how much I despised the Crash 1 100%....yeah imma pass.

Probably the only game that fits to the topic

Crash 1 is definitely the hardest plat, of the trilogy, 4 is a whole nother beast.  After Crash 1 breaks you and remolds you, you are ready for 2 and 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ilzakia said:

Crash 1 is definitely the hardest plat, of the trilogy, 4 is a whole nother beast.  After Crash 1 breaks you and remolds you, you are ready for 2 and 3.

Yeah after Crash 1 I was fully ready to say bye bye to the entire platforming genre xD I simply dislike this genre too much 

bye-blow-kiss.gif

• Like 2

Crash Bandicoot games- too difficult

Disgaea 4- too long, like 400 hours or something

Story of seasons friend in mineral town- very grindy and repetitive 

Neo The world ends with you- although not too bad, the fast action with a lot of button smashing plus grinding for hours needed to get all the pins would hurts my thumbs so I avoided this title

All games with online and multiplayer trophies

There have been a few games I've avoided just because the trophy list looks like a hassle. And I don't even mean in a 'I'll never be able to complete this' kind of way, more that the actual trophy descriptions make the game seem annoying to play.

I pride myself on not letting trophy lists deter me from playing a game. For most games this just means getting the game anyway and suffering through an unreasonable list for completions sake, had plenty of that on my account, several hundred hours of grind, ridiculously tough multiplayer dlc, unreasonable ironman, buggy trophy list, games that turned out to be pretty garbage 10 hours in with 200 hours left to play.

In the really rare scenario of me not wanting a game on my list due to trophies it is almost always because of unobtainables, but if I really wanted to play a game with unobtainables then I would just get it on PC, or play it on a dummy account to experience it anyway. Trophies alone should never deter you from playing a game you are interested in, though I understand if someone who cares about completion prefers to play something like Necrodancer on Steam instead of investing over a thousand hours into a game that he merely thinks is ok, and may simply be above his capabilities.

• Like 1

I can only think of one at the moment: Devil May Cry 5. I'm sure I could platinum it with enough practice, considering my extensive experience with the series, but I just don't want the stress right now. Give me games anywhere between 1 and 7 on the difficulty scale all day.

• Like 3