Bingo Bonanza 2023[ENDED]

10 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Three games completed since my last update:

Cyberpunk 2077 has now spawned an expanded universe thanks to the Edgerunners Netflix show. I started the game after the corresponding v1.6 update to the game and enjoyed the side characters and the guts of the main story. The art design was also really strong. Otherwise, it felt like a Ubisoft-tier open world game. 

Jurassic World: Evolution 2 has no jump button. The 'campaign/story' is finished but I'll be playing it for a lot longer due to enjoyment and still needing the bulk of the trophies. I picked it up due to enjoying the PS2 game Operation Genesis back in the day when I still liked dinosaur movies!

And finally, a very hard to fill spot for me has been the banned/censored box. Disco Elysium was banned in my country (Australia) due to the ability to use drugs and supply them to a minor. That's something that we'd call a 'classic stitch-up.

I've been putting off playing Cyberpunk since I bought it (at launch). But I'm using it for three PSNProfiles competitions, including this one, where it's my banned/censored game (it was censored in China I think). So I'm gonna have to fire it up soon – is it alright? The platinum looks arduous if it's not that fun a game...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

I've been putting off playing Cyberpunk since I bought it (at launch). But I'm using it for three PSNProfiles competitions, including this one, where it's my banned/censored game (it was censored in China I think). So I'm gonna have to fire it up soon – is it alright? The platinum looks arduous if it's not that fun a game...

I'm putting a review together atm for my checklist but here's the 30s version:

- It ain't no Witcher 3, homie. It's much closer to an Ubisoft game than W3, and it's got nothing on Rockstar.

- Trophies are awkward and aren't conducive to the free feeling of playing however you want.

- Supporting characters are strong. CDPR know how to write a decent character. Keanu Reeves' character is actually an unlikeable jackass IMO but some others are really well conceived, written and acted.

- Music and driving is actually pretty shit. 

- Definitely some bugs (still more buggy than most games) but very few game breakers if any. Mostly immersion breakers.

- Plot was interesting as were side quests but the open world grind at the end to do everything 100% is a good 15+ hours and that's genuinely a grind.

- Multiple endings are all good. The characters (strongest part of the game) hit you up on your mobile fairly frequently and your romance options react to what you do around town which were perfect.

- The city is visually interesting.

- The gunplay is very similar to a Far Cry game with hacking from Watch Dogs 1. 

PM me know if you need any other tips. ✌️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

PM me know if you need any other tips. 270c.png

Thanks for the response! Sounds like it won't be one of my favourite games (I'm not a huge fan of FPS anyway), but it sounds like it's in a much better place to play than when it launched haha. I was probably wise to leave it gathering dust on the shelf this long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (peripheral-based) - Got the trophy for completing 100 songs, which as far as I can tell is the story equivalent. This game is meant to played with a drum controller, so that's the peripheral.

So if a game can be played with either a peripheral or controller and I earn the plat with a controller, does that count for the square? If so, I have a game that can be played with a VR headset but you don't need it to play the game.

20 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

So if a game can be played with either a peripheral or controller and I earn the plat with a controller, does that count for the square? If so, I have a game that can be played with a VR headset but you don't need it to play the game.

I didn't make the rules but I would assume you're good to go since the game was intended to be played with a VR headset.

• Like 1

b28.png

On 3/18/2023 at 10:25 AM, Taruta13 said:

B1: Aliens or Robots: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS4)

B2: Adventure: LEGO Bricktales (PS4)

I1: No jump button: Queen's Quest 4: Sacred Truce

I2: With a punctuation or number in the title: Queen's Quest 3: End of Dawn

I3: One-word title: Teslagrad

I5: Starts with the first letter of your PSNID: The Deadly Tower of Monsters

N1: With a female protagonist: Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5)

N2: Originally released in 2023: DoraKone (PS4)

N3: Player's Choice: LEGO Marvel's Avengers

N4: By an independent developer: Knightin'+ (PS4)

N5: Award-winning: Shantae: 1/2-Genie Hero (PS4)

G1: With an isometric view: Lara Croft GO

G2: Anthropomorphized Animals: LEGO Legend of Chima: Laval's Journey

G3: Crafting mechanics: LEGO The Hobbit (PS4)

G4: Has no humans: Chicory: A Colorful Tale (PS4)

G5: With minigames in it: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2

O1: You think you will dislike: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

O2: That you've been meaning to get to: SaGa Frontier Remastered

O3: Non-violent: TOEM

O4: Metroidvania or Rogue-like: Shantae and the Seven Sirens (PS5)

The day that I had to rely on a (bleep-bleep) ROMANTIC VISUAL NOVEL to get a triple BINGO is the day the universe flips on its head. xD

Okay, just kidding, but sadly I don't think I handle this event anymore. Can't even complete the card due to several squares being difficult, but maybe if certain stars align... <_<

Anyways, I had to put this somewhere. Yes, I platted another visual novel, one with lesbian-trans romance. But the story is cool: It's basically this girl teaming up with three girls who are visiting for the local Pokemon GO tournament, only the Pokemon are all DRAGONS. And I pop off whenever I see a game about DRAGONS, because DRAGONS ARE AWESOME. :D?

I mean, if anyone decided to create a mobile battle game where you catch, train and battle trainers with DRAGONS, I think it would put Pokemon GO out of business. xD

But anyways, this visual novel WAS released a couple weeks ago, and I didn't see any sign that this novel was part of an expanded universe, since the creators(Apple Cider) are an indie company, so it was originally released this year, so it counts. Sadly, Hogwarts was just not in my cards. I know I have eight months, but I am probably calling it quits whether or not I decide to complete this card using other copouts. I'll try to finish the card, but other than that, I won't do a second card as I'd probably get something even worse like Horror Game, and Arceus forbid me that I'd be forced to play a HORROR title. (I hate horror games, sorry. :()

Actually, no. I am declaring my withdrawal from this event and will not finish the card. I just remembered that one square is "Released the year you joined PSNP."

The problem is, this is not my first account. My first account was created in mid-2009, and unfortunately, I do not have a PS3 and the only game I  could play in the titles that released that year is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, and I've had bad juju with that game, ending in a cutscene freeze that made it impossible to complete the game. (That was probably do to digital purchase, though.) Even so, I will die on the hill of never touching this game again. I don't hate the game, it's just that one trophy requires you to play a twin-stick shooter for 20 levels to get 10,000 points while under the effect of overheating guns, so sadly I am not going to touch that arcade game. Ever. :(

So I am dropping out of the event. To be fair, I did get not a triple, but a quadruple BINGO. (First two rows and N and G columns.) I wish everyone else luck on their cards as I delete my BINGO card from my hard drive, and don't worry, I am in several other events and doing a second rainbow card for the Kaleidoscope Event. ;)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Anyways, I had to put this somewhere. Yes, I platted another visual novel, one with lesbian-trans romance. But the story is cool: It's basically this girl teaming up with three girls who are visiting for the local Pokemon GO tournament, only the Pokemon are all DRAGONS.

that sounds cool, added to my "pick up during sale list"

I'll try to finish the card, but other than that, I won't do a second card as I'd probably get something even worse like Horror Game, and Arceus forbid me that I'd be forced to play a HORROR title. (I hate horror games, sorry. :()

Don't worry i would never touch a horror game i get jumped too easily

Actually, no. I am declaring my withdrawal from this event and will not finish the card. I just remembered that one square is "Released the year you joined PSNP."

The problem is, this is not my first account. My first account was created in mid-2009, and unfortunately, I do not have a PS3 and the only game I  could play in the titles that released that year is Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, and I've had bad juju with that game, ending in a cutscene freeze that made it impossible to complete the game. (That was probably do to digital purchase, though.) Even so, I will die on the hill of never touching this game again. I don't hate the game, it's just that one trophy requires you to play a twin-stick shooter for 20 levels to get 10,000 points while under the effect of overheating guns, so sadly I am not going to touch that arcade game. Ever. :(

@Squirlruler correct me if i am wrong but i think @Taruta13 would need to use his current account for the square since that's the one he's using for the event? if so then he would probanly find it easy to find something from 2022.

8 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

@Squirlruler correct me if i am wrong but i think @Taruta13 would need to use his current account for the square since that's the one he's using for the event? if so then he would probanly find it easy to find something from 2022.

I'm good with either way. When the account joined or when you originally joined.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, Taruta13 said:

Yes, if the game can be played with a peripheral item, that item DOES NOT have to be used in order for it to count.

• Like 1

Update time! One more bingo. Getting closer to blackout!

https://i.imgur.com/XBDxynO.png

For whatever reason, it keeps telling me it can't embed the image because of imgur. So... here's what changed!

O4 - Favorite Genre - Scarlet Nexus - My favorite genre is action RPGs, and bonus points if it's Japanese. So stuff like Kingdom Hearts, Tales of, and Final Fantasy VII Remake. Anyway, this is an aciton RPG. It's hard to describe this game. I absolutely loved it, but I also think it's an unbelievable dumpster fire. So much of the story makes so little sense I audibly laughed and the gameplay can't seem to decide what it wants to be. But I still really enjoyed it. Probably going to end up getting the plat, but that requires a second playthrough.

N4 - Cult Favorite - Mega Man The Power Battle/Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium - This is a weird one, so let me know if it should be marked differently or anything. Capcom Arcade Stadium is a collection of games, but you buy each game individually. I bought Mega Man The Power Battle and it's sequel The Power Fighters, because they're just ridiculously good games that no one has ever heard of. The few people that have love them though. I was absolutely shocked when I found out they were available on modern consoles because of how obscure they are. So I picked them up. Anyway, they're both Mega Man games, but in pseudo fighting game style. They were originally released in arcades, which is how I first played them. Because of how obscure, but well loved they are, I thought they would be perfect for this spot. They don't have their own list, as the Capcom Arcade Stadium list is generic, since you can buy one of dozens of games. Although, you could make a case that most of the games you can buy for this collection are cult favorites. Like Darkstalkers, Super Puzzle Fighter 2, and Pocket Fighter, to name a couple more. So either way, I thought it would fit. I beat both Mega Man games, and did every route in the second game to count it as beaten for the square. Since being arcade games, it would have been painfully short otherwise.

O3 - Anthropomorphized Animals - Persona 5 Strikers - One of your party members is a little anthro cat, and some of the personas you can get are anthropomorphized animals as well. While not necessarily a bad game, it's easily the most disappointing game I've ever played. The tl;dr is that I wanted to see past persona characters again, like we saw in the P4 spinoffs, and I wanted a warriors game that was persona themed. And neither of those things happened. I'm glad I played it though. I can officially give up hope on them expanding the interconnected universe they were creating, and just having an overall canon. Just going to take them like FF games from now on.

Just 3 more squares to go. I was going to do "Last Game You Acquired" with DJ Max Respect, since that's the last game I acquired, but I have no idea how to count that as "beaten", as it's a rhythm game with no story. A normal arcade mode playthrough is just 3 songs, so that doesn't seem fair. The plat is waaaay too hard and there's a mission mode, but that's going to be way too hard for me too. My hands don't work so great anymore, and I have trouble playing above 4 button mode.
So once I'm bored with Scarlet Nexus/get the plat (whichever comes first lol) it looks like I'll probably do Blood Dragon for my recommended square, then whatever else I play next will go into the last game you acquired square, and lastly the player's choice square. Because I wanted to save that one for last lol.

• Like 4

Quoting myself from the Kaleidoscope Challenge:

It's the isometric view square for this challenge, no new bingo.

I've completed The Ascent for another double dip in the two challenges I participate this year, and to be honest...

I don't know why Cyberpunk 2077 was pulled from the store, but shit like this can stay. I know it's the first game of the studio but honestly, it's so buggy.

First of all, the PS4 version of the game is a gamble to even start. 2 out of 3 starts I just get a blackscreen when booting up the game. And if you manage to start the game, it crashes every 10 - 15 minutes.

On top of that, stupid me made the mistake to upgrade another weapon to max before upgrading the first weapon I upgrade to max, which bugged the Max Weapon trophy, adding another half of a playthrough to my struggles.

https://i.imgur.com/vjYSeFF.png

Getting the same error as ExHaseo.

• Like 3

b8d35248e4fd4068f3df50226285322f465f98a3

I’ve been playing plenty of games, but slacking on doing updates here and in other events.

First up, Ghost of a Tale for ‘Has no Humans’, I’ve had this game downloaded since it was first added to ps now, but didn’t actually get around to playing until it was being removed. I really loved this game, it was a lovely example of playing as a bard and having to rely on charisma, dialogue choices and stealth to survive, and I wish more rpgs actually allowed you to play that way. Unfortunately the story ended just as it was getting started, with several storylines still unfinished. Hopefully the sequel will come soon.

Next Gone Home for ‘Award Winning’. It won a BAFTA for best debut indie game. I enjoyed this, the atmosphere was great and finding the cassette tapes were a highlight. My favourite parts were the 1 minute speed run, as frustrating as it was at times, and the directors commentary.

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion is my Player’s Choice. If it wasn’t a licensed game it would have been a mediocre, simple kids rpg, but I’m a huge Adventure Time fan and it was like playing a long episode so I enjoyed it overall.

Jedi Fallen Order could have fit in with Sci-Fi or Fantasy themes, but I decided to go with ‘Metroidvania or Roguelike’ I don’t know if I’m going to play any other Metroidvania this year and this game (and I guess the sequel) are as close to a new Metroid Prime game as we’re going to get anytime soon. I had a lot of fun with it, even though it was harder than most games I usually play, I enjoyed the challenge and actually got good at partying and dodging at the right time. I also didn’t mind the map too much, yes there was a lot of backtracking, yes there were loads of pretty pointless collectibles, yes the map could be confusing on a world with more verticality, but I still enjoyed exploring and finding the short cuts and mainly relying on landmarks to get around. The sequel coming out has definitely made me put getting a PS5 as a higher priority for me

Finally, I have Disney Dreamlight Valley for ‘Crafting Mechanics’. Technically the story isn’t completed for this game, but I’ve done every quest available so far. The game is still in early access though and I’m not sure how long it’ll be before the story is even finished. It’ll be going ftp at the end of this year, and it’s a game that relies on keeping its players coming back to spend real money on clothes/furniture/premium duty packs/etc. All I have left to do is mining, fishing and building houses for characters (there are only 13 so far and 30 are needed for the trophy), so I’m counting it as done.

I think I’ll try to get that ‘Oldest on your Backlog’ square done, it’s Fallout 4 and I keep meaning to go back to it, I haven’t even played any of the dlc yet.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

O4 - Favorite Genre - Scarlet Nexus - My favorite genre is action RPGs, and bonus points if it's Japanese. So stuff like Kingdom Hearts, Tales of, and Final Fantasy VII Remake. Anyway, this is an aciton RPG. It's hard to describe this game. I absolutely loved it, but I also think it's an unbelievable dumpster fire. So much of the story makes so little sense I audibly laughed and the gameplay can't seem to decide what it wants to be. But I still really enjoyed it. Probably going to end up getting the plat, but that requires a second playthrough.

Haha, I agree with everything here – except the absolutely loving it part! By god it was a convoluted plot. And some of the Bond Episodes were so cringey haha. 

The second playthrough is a lot quicker though to be fair (I ended up skipping large portions of the cutscenes because the two characters' arcs aren't that much different). I also found Yuito much more intuitive to play as; I chose Kasane for my first playthrough but found her combat a touch awkward. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Haha, I agree with everything here – except the absolutely loving it part! By god it was a convoluted plot. And some of the Bond Episodes were so cringey haha. 

The second playthrough is a lot quicker though to be fair (I ended up skipping large portions of the cutscenes because the two characters' arcs aren't that much different). I also found Yuito much more intuitive to play as; I chose Kasane for my first playthrough but found her combat a touch awkward. 

Totally understandable. I enjoyed it for the completely wrong reasons lol. To me, it was kind of like watching a so bad it's good movie. If you try to watch it completely straight, it's going to be painful, but poke fun at it and it can be a lot of fun. 

I chose Kasane first too, and that seems to be the cause of a lot of problems. She's kind of like hard mode. You have to be a lot more intentional with what you do, especially at the beginning when you have no skills, and it feels a bit more like a souls kind of game. With Yuito it's easier to just mash. It seems to expect you to have already played Yuito's story too. Not sure why they even gave you the option to do either first. 

• Like 1