Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster on PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI

IV was the first FF title AND retro game I've ever played, so I'd love an opportunity to revisit it and experience the other 5 originals for the first time on consoles. Stupid that it was locked to iOS and Steam for so long...but hey, this panning out means that updated FF7 port could also come here one day too, right?

They are 12-18 dollars on steam, I don't think they will change the price much for the ps4 version.

I remember when 20 years ago I played FF6 and my dad came in and laughed at me for playing games with such awful outdated graphics. Well guess what dad, it's almost 2023 and I'm ready to play it again.

Edited by Silver-I-Chariot
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

While this sounds nice, we're talking Square-Enix here--I fully expect these to be $12-$15 each and any physical version priced at $60-$80.

then so be, I'd pay it. If it helps push the Chrono Trigger remake/remaster talk. Which probably won't happen but whatever.

Basically if they release a physical, ill buy it. Digital only, ill pick and choose. Mainly 3 and 6. 

Edited by Infected Elite

1 hour ago, Alayaes said:

As someone who has already gotten 100% on Steam with these, I can assure you that the lists are not as daunting as they may seem.

One of the Quality of Life improvements is that you have access to a map at all times that even shows the treasure chests. This feature also tells you how many treasures there are and how many you've already obtained. Not only does it tell you this in regard to the area you're currently in, but you can scroll/browse all areas of the game you've already visited to see where you're missing chests.

The Bestiary in each game also makes it a walk in the park due to the fact that it literally tells you where to find enemies you're missing.

Certain ones like FF6 have missables, but none that are too bad. So many information exists about these games that you can remove all guess work.

Nice to hear they did that. I think ff3 has missables also it's been a while. I don't think the treasure map feature was in the gba version or ps1 classic for the ps3. It would be fun if they threw in the og ff1 for nes just a silly novelty but I know they won't.

It was only a matter of time once the mobile versions ran dry that they would port these games to consoles. As much as I would love to unlock the trophies for most of these games, I won't be buying them since they don't include any of the content added to the GBA and PSP versions of the games. If you're going to re-release 30 year old games yet again, at least make sure they have everything the previous versions have.

Too bad they fucked the sprites of FFVI again with the PR. but maybe I’ve got a new 300 milestone plat ? we ‘ll see. 

Better be a bundle with a better pricing structure than Steam was… doubt it though. These lazy remakes shouldn’t even be more than $40 total. 

2 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

One left!

Yeah Mystic Quest. That banging OST.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm also TOTALLY looking forward to FF4 and all the namingway shit. Loved FF4, but tracking him down was BS

I think the namingway quest string was unique to the 3D version, as it started by playing off his unexpected inability to rename characters (due to the voice acting), unless I missed a thing or two when I played the GBA version. In terms of trophies I think we could all go without Geryon and especially Proto-Babil with the absurd prep involved. 

As much as I’d love a modern action rpg remake of FF4 all kingdom hearts style, I’ll take what we get. I already got faked out once on a new front page trophy list which ultimately turned out to be “Eternal Kingdom Battle Peak.”

3 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

I think the namingway quest string was unique to the 3D version, as it started by playing off his unexpected inability to rename characters (due to the voice acting), unless I missed a thing or two when I played the GBA version. In terms of trophies I think we could all go without Geryon and especially Proto-Babil with the absurd prep involved. 

As much as I’d love a modern action rpg remake of FF4 all kingdom hearts style, I’ll take what we get. I already got faked out once on a new front page trophy list which ultimately turned out to be “Eternal Kingdom Battle Peak.”

I played the DS versions of 3 and 4 so very possible! If that's the case, good riddance! xD