[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

7 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

god damn it, why the rickroll?

The text is white, figured I would put something there for those hovering over lol

Edit: Will remove it now that you've spoiled it, thank you for you sacrifice

Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

eL37sO9.png

White: The Last of Us Part 1.  

I really enjoyed getting the plats/100% for both the ps4 TLOU and TLOU 2, so when this trophy list came out, it allowed me to go in, play the game how I wanted to play it and earn a platinum in the process.  No difficulty, no max upgrade everything, and no multiplayer.  Just a perfect list if I were to build one.  On top of that, my local library had the game to borrow, so it didn't cost a thing to enjoy again.  

Puts me at 6/16.  Got a ways to go, especially saying I'm jumping into a long 100% in Rise of the Tomb Raider.  I've got a couple of quicker ones ~10 hours, that should help fill this out as the year goes along.  Keep gaming!

terribly sorry man - but according to this rule in the OP:

White on Black / Black on White

Images that are black and white, always fall on their backgrounds.

This:

Lb43a81.png

is only good for Black.

This:

La58abb.png

is only good for White.

TLOU is only good for Black. ?

I see you have the PS5 Stray, so could he a swap-out if you’d prefer to use TLOU - or keep it in the pocket for a second rainbow!

(I have a few already banked like that myself, as colour-doubling is an issue once you get your list populated!)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Reading through House of Fata Morgana and Poison Control dabbled in to take breaks from reading. For PS3, I'm taking a break and going to play Metroid Fusion and Pokémon on Switch instead.

Good for you! It's a good idea to take a break now and then from trophy grinding and Nintendo is the lone wolf who refuses to have an achievement network. (I could be wrong, I mean the online service has a mission category where they dare you to play their online ROMs of classic games, but that's not the same thing. :P) Not having to worry about trophies while playing Pokemon and setting your own goals(like completing the Pokedex) is relaxing and fun. ;)

10 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Good for you! It's a good idea to take a break now and then from trophy grinding and Nintendo is the lone wolf who refuses to have an achievement network. (I could be wrong, I mean the online service has a mission category where they dare you to play their online ROMs of classic games, but that's not the same thing. :P) Not having to worry about trophies while playing Pokemon and setting your own goals(like completing the Pokedex) is relaxing and fun. ;)

This is how I don't get burnt-out on trophy hunting. Variety is the spice of life.

Never force yourself to earn trophies. Never feel like you HAVE TO finish a game. This especially helps when playing longer games that just have miserably long requirements or require multiple playthroughs. It's why Disgaea D2 took almost 2 years, Mugen Souls Z took 3, and Dragon's Dogma took almost 3. It's not because I didn't like them initially. I just waited until I felt like playing them again. Kind of an odd concept for trophies hunters, but I find more enjoyment finishing lists casually in multiple playthroughs than always going for the plat from the get-go. 

I feel like Elden Ring will be one of those games that take 3 years because I'll play it casually first and come back to clean up in a second pt when I feel like it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Never force yourself to earn trophies. Never feel like you HAVE TO finish a game. This especially helps when playing longer games that just have miserably long requirements or require multiple playthroughs.

Well, I did play 5% of Hogwarts Legacy, but I'll put it off until at least April 1 (since it's part of the RPG Mania event starting then) and go at it when I feel like it. Especially true as I will have to create three new characters to get those trophies for visiting the Map Chamber as each house. (I won't use save scum because I might miss the cue to quit the game and accidentally do the Sorting Ceremony and since the quest chain for each house to the Map Chamber is so different, I want to experience them all before I delete those saves. ;))

Right now, just clearing out Illusion of L'Phacia. I don't hate the game, Kemco titles are pretty niche and interesting, and their stories are very well told despite the graphic limitations, but boy howdy do they need all the help you can buy to get through the final bosses. X_X

11 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

terribly sorry man - but according to this rule in the OP:

TLOU is only good for Black. 1f616.png

I see you have the PS5 Stray, so could he a swap-out if you’d prefer to use TLOU - or keep it in the pocket for a second rainbow!

(I have a few already banked like that myself, as colour-doubling is an issue once you get your list populated!)

La495b1.png

Understood and no issues!  But would This one be white then? lol. 

Edited by damcrac5

6 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

La495b1.png

I’d say that could be white or black, it’s a pretty even split between the 2 colours. Personally, the white is the first thing my eye is drawn to.

But, I’m not @DrBloodmoney so it’s just my opinion

• Like 1

9 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

La495b1.png

By the letter of the law, it would still be black only - but the fluerons and decorative border, plus the heavy white in the image, means that’s one I’d not fight back against being used for white.

I’d try to still find a more “overall white” one if one comes up naturally - as it would be better for the overall rainbow… but I think if nothing else comes along, that one could be okay in that slot

• Like 1