Trophy Thoughts?

Tigerz_bone_21

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

Unsure if I should use a spoiler tag since it is a theory but it looks like the potential alternate ending going around various forums is:

Hide contents

Isaac reunites with Nicole, becomes a necromorph

Hmm interesting def wasn't in the original but cool it's an added bit.
Dead Space 2 allowed the 3 saves, Dead Space 3 was just 1 save and when you died it would basically overwrite the status of it. (But you could save scum)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BushidoCypher said:

Hmm interesting def wasn't in the original but cool it's an added bit.
Dead Space 2 allowed the 3 saves, Dead Space 3 was just 1 save and when you died it would basically overwrite the status of it. (But you could save scum)

ah yeah Dead Space 3 was the one I never finished. I forget why. I think i had just got a ps4 recently and was bought DS3 for a gift and didnt play much of it. But one save is super harsh, even with save scumming.

Absolutely loved 1 and 2 though. 1 the first time I played it, lights off. Midnight or something and when the first enemy jumped down, holy hell did i jump haha. I know this is a remake and much may very well be the same but i hope the atmosphere is there and that some good jump scares occur.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

ah yeah Dead Space 3 was the one I never finished. I forget why. I think i had just got a ps4 recently and was bought DS3 for a gift and didnt play much of it. But one save is super harsh, even with save scumming.

Absolutely loved 1 and 2 though. 1 the first time I played it, lights off. Midnight or something and when the first enemy jumped down, holy hell did i jump haha. I know this is a remake and much may very well be the same but i hope the atmosphere is there and that some good jump scares occur.

The atmosphere is something they do SO well I agree, sadly I only ever played one until my recent videos I made and god damn I can't believe I missed out on so much. Like 2 was so damn good as well. 
3 was okay story wise and solid co op but then you get to the DLC as well and it throws it all out the window.
You're right I was also on stream and got side tracked and BACKED UP my save of me dying over my save I needed to restore because I died so RIP 5 hours of progress lol

4 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Decent looking list and given the game is apparently 90 percent faithful to the original source code and design, that impossible mode trophy will be a decent challenge. Shame DS2 wasnt remade instead as its by far the best of the series, but this will be good nonetheless.

I think DS2 Remake will be highly dependable on DS1 sales. Fingers crossed it will be good, so we can get DS2 Remake too. 

• Like 2

Love this list, i was worried theyd pull a naughty dog and do what they did with TLoU Part 1 and make all the trophies super easy compared to original game, but its not so thank god, cant wait to play it!

1 minute ago, rockstarjazz said:

whats impossible mode?

hope it isnt something stupid like one-hit-and-its-permadeath bullshit difficulty where your enemies are roided up, or something like that

itll probably be like the original games mode were its hardest difficultly plus can only save 3 times so youd have to choose when to save.

1 hour ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Shame DS2 wasnt remade instead as its by far the best of the series, but this will be good nonetheless.

I'm actually pleased that they started remaking a game that acts as the beginning of the series, instead of just jumping to number 2 like what seems to be a trend nowadays.  

My two cents on the alternative ending is that it might tie into a different sequel as opposed to a straight up remake of DS2. I don't necessarily want that but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave themselves the option to diverge the story.

I hope this is successful because I would like to see the series revived. Of course if it is a buggy mess on launch I'll wait for a sale.

bikeman223.png

Edited by bikeman223

18 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

whats impossible mode?

hope it isnt something stupid like one-hit-and-its-permadeath bullshit difficulty where your enemies are roided up, or something like that

It's apparently going to be Permadeath:

https://gagadget.com/en/games/177362-remake-not-remaster-new-game-modes-and-extra-missions-the-senior-producer-of-the-dead-space-remake-shared-new-detai/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

Now this is interesting. Wonder if it’ll have a save system like hardcore in DS2. If not, it’ll be an interesting playthrough. I’m pretty sure they’re insinuating that you can select the difficulty in NG+ no matter the previous difficulty played though.

Beyond excited for this. Can't wait for the challenge Impossible mode will provide, it wasn't so bad in the original but with permadeath it'll be a real test. I know the original like the back of my hand so this trophy was made for me..

• Like 1

I'm surprised they kept the trophy for beating the game only using the plasma cutter in this. I think Visceral realized that trophy was a bad idea, hence why there wasn't a similar one in Dead Space 2 or 3. Like why have all these cool weapons but put in a trophy that forces you to only use one of them? Not really a fan of that.

I do appreciate that they have a trophy for beating the game on Impossible mode though if it really is a perma death mode as mentioned above. I see they refer to it as a "mode" though unlike other trophies that specifically mention difficulty, so I'm wondering if that's a fixed difficulty, or you can select whatever difficulty you want. It might not be as hard as it sounds if you can do it on easy. I'm hoping that it's actually a challenge.

4 hours ago, BushidoCypher said:

Can't wait tbh, recently binge played all of them and this is going to be so good. 
Trophies overall seem easy enough, wonder if peng will still be able to dupe :P

ayyyy the man himself! Great work on the recent vids, DS2 Hard Core is painful as all hell.

• Like 1