Trophy Thoughts?

Tigerz_bone_21

13 minutes ago, Rocket_2912 said:

Are you going to do a No Damage Plat run?

Ive done one for RE2 and Callisto, hopefully Dead Space Remake can join the club, depends if its possible for me.

I've sorta got RE3 No Damage Platinum ready, Ive got the route down, but I cant do it damage free atm

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Ive done one for RE2 and Callisto, hopefully Dead Space Remake can join the club, depends if its possible for me.

I've sorta got RE3 No Damage Platinum ready, Ive got the route down, but I cant do it damage free atm

Wow you must be an epic gamer

On 20/1/2023 at 8:13 PM, HuntingFever said:

I'm intrigued by that alternate ending trophy, since I didn't know there was an alternate ending in the original game - unless it's something they've added for the remake?

It's new

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Can't wait!! 

5 minutes ago, Rocket_2912 said:

He is!! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rocket_2912 said:

May look like thats what im implying, but far from it, I wish I was, but im not at all! Epic gamers will usually select a route that requires skill to pull off when making guides, but I go for the easiest, I get no pleasure in making a game harder than it needs to be!!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

May look like thats what im implying, but far from it, I wish I was, but im not at all! Epic gamers will usually select a route that requires skill to pull off when making guides, but I go for the easiest, I get no pleasure in making a game harder than it needs to be!!

Oh I understand. I totally respect that, not everyone wants to sweat their arses off

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm surprised they kept the trophy for beating the game only using the plasma cutter in this. I think Visceral realized that trophy was a bad idea, hence why there wasn't a similar one in Dead Space 2 or 3. Like why have all these cool weapons but put in a trophy that forces you to only use one of them? Not really a fan of that.

Same but a maxed out Plasma Cutter is one of the best weapons imo.

• Like 1

Looking at the list it's not bad at all.

• Collectables - Is gonna be a pain as I'm sure one will be tied to those different path things (hopfull not though)
  • New Game+ - If all weapon upgradde carry over it will make Plasma Cutter Only easy
  • Plasma Cutter Only - Rely's on New Game+
  • Impossible Mode - Gonna be the most difficult, if the same conditions are the same or are different now =/
  • Alternatve Ending - Gonna be interesting I can only assume it's sometimes when you arrive on the planet

Regardless it looks like a 2 playthrough remake

1. Collectables + Alternative Ending
  2. New Game+ + Plasma Cutter + Impossible Mode
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm surprised they kept the trophy for beating the game only using the plasma cutter in this. I think Visceral realized that trophy was a bad idea, hence why there wasn't a similar one in Dead Space 2 or 3. Like why have all these cool weapons but put in a trophy that forces you to only use one of them? Not really a fan of that.

To be fair, the Plasma Cutter was the best weapon anyway and most of the weapons simply looked cool but weren't  any better at killing things or were actually worse in some cases (flamethrower)

Very similar to the original list with few differences.

As is a remake of the first game i wonder if they will add elements from the comics/books or the prequel animated film "Dead Space Downfall"? Have anyone heard something?.

Edited by ASMODAIOS344
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3 are more expansive games and leaned farther towards action every new entry. Resident Evil series did the same exact thing with the knife-only playthrough in only the first game, no longer a thing in following games. The Plasma Cutter in Dead Space is also among, if not, the best weapons in the game, so it was perfectly fine actually.

On 1/20/2023 at 0:33 PM, Void said:

Just hoping it a remake and Not a re-imagining

i just looked at the trophy list, they got rid of the 50% or higher shooting range trophy.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, Void said:

The Marker Fragments do make me curious. I just hope this is closer to Resident Evil Gamecube remake not the Resident Evil 2 2019 re-imagining.

Add things and expand on the lore and game mechanics  just do not drastically change everything.

I wonder if they made the turret section harder since it just says survive now.

The way I see it, a reimagining is a sub-category of remake, because the game is still being remade regardless of which of the two it is. That said, it definitely leans closer to a reimagining. Resident Evil 2 was a way older game, so of course it got the full dose of it compared to way more modern Dead Space.

Turret section was changed; you're not even physically using the turret anymore.

20 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Friends, buy this game and and if it is considered good in your view, share with others and the devs. We need a new entry in the series or a remake of DS2. Love the franchise!

Based on what they've shown, people should actually be cautious, worried, and wait a bit. This isn't a traditional remake; it's not the same game and at the very least is less polished than the original in important areas. While probably not with these developers, I do agree in wanting a new entry and Dead Space 2 remade, properly.

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

Based on what they've shown, people should actually be cautious, worried, and wait a bit. This isn't a traditional remake; it's not the same game and at the very least is less polished than the original in important areas. While probably not with these developers, I do agree in wanting a new entry and Dead Space 2 remade, properly.

I disagree, respectfully. I don’t think anyone who is a fan of the Dead Space series—especially the first game—should be cautious, worried, or wait to play the game. What exactly was shown to make you feel that way? It looks like it’s going to be a great remake with added features. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, majob said:

To be fair, the Plasma Cutter was the best weapon anyway and most of the weapons simply looked cool but weren't  any better at killing things or were actually worse in some cases (flamethrower)

Sure, but that was the original game, and I'd argue that only the flamethrower was actually useless. I just don't see the point in making a trophy that forces you to use the best weapon in the game. It's not like that's a challenge. In the remake, presumably they've done some balancing and have changed how the other weapons work so they're more effective now. It would be a shame not to use them.