Least Favorite PS3 Game

JaSoNsLyRiC24

I know I've said this before, but Monster Jam: Battlegrounds is abysmal. Uninteresting gameplay and dull track design, combined with terrible controls and a camera that made me physically ill after a short play session due to how constantly both it and my truck would whip around from the smallest nudge of the analog stick puts it not just at the bottom of the barrel, but beneath it. I'd rather take a good slap to the face than ever spend even a second on it ever again. Not even for the apparently easy Platinum.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HateByDesign716 said:

For me personally and I know this won't go down well but The Last of Us

Overrated game and franchise? Yes. But the first game was pretty good and the MP was really enjoyable once they added Interrogation. My friends and I played it for a few years afterward.

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

I chose Heavy Rain because it was my least favorite PS3 game.

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

Yes, I didn't like it.

Lmao, those responses are gold. ?

• Like 2

I have not had the honour to play many pieces of dogshit like Ride to Hell Retribution or Call of Juarez the Cartel, but no game has ever bored me to death more than Heavy Rain. Both the game itself and the journey to platinum was abysmal. I will never understand how anyone can praise that game

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

I know I've said this before, but Monster Jam: Battlegrounds is abysmal. Uninteresting gameplay and dull track design, combined with terrible controls and a camera that made me physically ill after a short play session due to how constantly both it and my truck would whip around from the smallest nudge of the analog stick puts it not just at the bottom of the barrel, but beneath it. I'd rather take a good slap to the face than ever spend even a second on it ever again. Not even for the apparently easy Platinum.

I too think of this as my least favourite PS3 game I've touched, which I pushed through with on my original main PSN account four, going onto five year ago as it was a part of an IGC (Instant Games Collection) line-up.

In my opinion, Monster Jam: Battlegrounds' platinum trophy at times didn't appear as easy as some others had made it out to be and I say that's simply due the game being no good to play.

Edited by Dry

Didn't play all that many duds since my PSN profile was created and I'd say I have a rather okayish taste in gaming so there's a chance my pick would not adequately compare with others' examples in this topic but... Resident Evil 6 is, hands down, the worst experience that I ever had with PS3-generation of gaming. Sure, one may say that I have RE: ORC and Aliens: Colonial Marines (AND Unearthed also) on my list but those I consider being in "so bad it's good" category and actually had fun playing. RE6 on the other hand was an incompetent take on RE5 which was an excellent co-op game for its time (and still is). Overdramatic narrative and depressing characters, incoherent storytelling, cardboard backgrounds, neutered co-op (item-sharing, combo system, loot) and a complete slog of a gameplay. And, mind you, that I played it the best way possible - with a "same page" constant partner with whom I enjoyed other co-op games quite a lot, both prior to RE6 and after.

But just in case we count re-releases as well, then Devil May Cry 2 or The Revenge of Shinobi will probably take the cake.

• Like 1

Looking at my list I see 3 candidates for the objectively worst PS3 game: Truck Racer, Proteus and Noby Noby Boy.  The last is particularly disappointing since I'm enough of a fan of Katamari to make it my PSN ID.  Despite their terrible-ness, I still finished them and even enjoyed them a little.

But my least favorite PS3 game, without question, was Spelunky.  F that game.  Out of about 250 games on this profile, there's only 4 that aren't 100%: 2 Destiny's, my lesson learned about EA Sports and unobtainables (Tiger '13), and Spelunky which I quit because it was really hard and also not fun.  That's the only one.  Still have no idea what made me think I would like that kind of game.

No disrespect to those who love this type of gameplay, it's actually pretty smooth and fair, just very punishing and not for me.

Final Fantasy 13 without a doubt. I was so hyped and excited for this. FF was my favourite series at the time and the previous entries (7-12) were all brilliant. 

13 was great in terms of visuals, sound and music. Its story, voice acting, world are bland, empty and boring. Most painful though is its battle system which is horrific. Battles are a slog and not fun. Its levelling up system doesn't inspire any need to develop characters. 

Honourable mentions; Sacred 2, Resident Evil 6, Lair.