Least Favorite PS3 Game

JaSoNsLyRiC24

Hitman: Absolution is a broken piece of crap and it sucks. Worst thing is I played the first couple of missions at a friend's place and it was actually pretty engaging but damn does it go downhill, and it probably crashed more than any other game I've played on PS3 that wasn't on Bethesda's shitty engine.

GTAIV is one of the most boring games I've ever played and the driving feels TERRIBLE. GTA really did peak at Vice City.

Also if HD rereleases are a go, fuck Jak II as well. Abysmal game.

• Like 4

Hitman Absolution is kind of miserable and badly written, but the gameplay is very enjoyable in places so I can't pick that as my #1 least favorite. The Force Unleashed II is stupidly short and badly written, so I think that's the least enjoyable of all the games I've finished. From the ones I've only played a few hours, probably Hellboy: The Science of Evil.

Final Fantasy XIII is the most boring game I've ever touched in my life. A lot of people love it but I wonder how many other RPGs or even games those people have considered playing.

8-15 hours in and you're still walking forward in a straight line into fights that can be done by just selecting "Attack" or using auto battle (ridiculous feature that confesses embarrassingly lame combat, at least in the overly long introduction) and the only reward is 10 minute long cinematics with incredibly cringe dialogue, set to overly dramatic high-budget pre-rendered sequences that seem like a big deal but only move the story forward by a shimmy. I understand that the game goes open world at the very end but that shouldn't be saved for post-game content, really silly way to structure your game. Perks are obtained in far too linear a manor, there's no need for the Final Fantasy X style sphere menu.

The attempt at a Terrantino-esque non-chronologically conveyed story was unnecessary, far too convoluted for what wasn't that deep a concept, and made what was actually a cool premise for a Final Fantasy world more complicated to understand than it needed to be. They could have very easily expressed many of the flashbacks in a more chronological order and it would have been far more engaging.

Squeenix was obviously trying to go in a different direction (sort of*) than previous Final Fantasy settings with the arguably darker stakes the heroes are fighting for, and while the art and music composition were good, the mechanics and gameplay pacing suffered heavily.

*I say sort of because the tropes are all there: the very beginning of the game is literally a rehash of FFVII Opening: Bombing Mission, the magical innocent healer girl turns out to be much more than that (à la FFVII Aeris/Aerith); main protag is a hard ass that butts heads with everyone and is struggling to find their true identity while grappling with satisfying the needs of all their friends (literally half the protags that Nomura has made; it was that or an aloof goofball); end of the world/countdown trope (FFVII, FFVIII and FFX); you've got main protag from a paradise-like rural tropical environment to juxtapose their humble but idyllic origins with the technology-dependent industrial based villains (FFX, Kingdom Hearts, Mana series); main protag happens to have a former close association with villain team and has to go rogue to save victims; main characters know less about the world and it's deities than the industrialized villains despite being more grounded and down to earth so to speak...

I could go on for awhile, you get the point.

Edited by Moostache7
Typo
  • Like 2

Among the exclusives, Beyond: Two Souls.

Some people have mentioned Heavy Rain but at least in it you could play as 4 different characters seeing the story from different perspectives, I enjoyed that game even with its flaws.

But Beyond: Two Souls I didnt like the main character at all and you can only see the story from her perspective.

And Dead Space 3, I just finished it once and Im never gonna touch it again.

The worst part of that game is the rappel sections, they just sucks.

• Like 2

Homefront was a dull hand holding piece of garbage, and yet I really liked Homefront the Revolution.   For multiplayer it has to be Singularity.  Tried to play it legit looking for games but never found any so had to boost, and it was a terrible boost.  Binary Domain would probably be up there too but had a great group to play with so that helped immensely.

2 hours ago, cosmicanomaly said:

Homefront was a dull hand holding piece of garbage, and yet I really liked Homefront the Revolution.   For multiplayer it has to be Singularity.  Tried to play it legit looking for games but never found any so had to boost, and it was a terrible boost.  Binary Domain would probably be up there too but had a great group to play with so that helped immensely.

But singularity and binary are 2 great games, Binary Domain especially. Tedious and long boost? sure, but single player with some much fun.

• Like 3

Back then I didn't have enough money to buy all the games I wanted (most of them I just rented) so I focused on established/famous titles and ended up playing few bombs. The worst were for sure: Beyond: Two Souls, Just Cause 2 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

The latter pissed me off the most as I'm a fan of RE and have always expected high quality from their games. It was just a cheap cash grab.

7 hours ago, akdkiller said:

But singularity and binary are 2 great games, Binary Domain especially. Tedious and long boost? sure, but single player with some much fun.

I agree both were really good single player games, but multiplayer was their downfall imo.  Had a lot of fun in the Binary Domain co-op horde mode though.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2023 at 0:39 PM, Moostache7 said:

What was your issue with JC2, if you don't mind me asking?

I remember hating the controls, graphics, boring missions and that, although the map was gigantic, everything seemed the same. The only thing I liked was free fall from the highest point I could reach. I spent minutes falling before I had to open the parachute.

On 2/25/2023 at 1:43 PM, Puppeter04 said:

Magus, I even enjoyed Hannah Montana more. 

Also,  Killzone, was a fk glitch festival and couldn't plat it cuz I forgot about it, its not even at my house anymore, no idea where it is and now that I need a copy is costing almost 60 bucks 1f635.png

15 bucks on the ps3 store