3 mins Platinum!!!

Richtoon

23 minutes ago, StanPortrBridges said:

So I'm allowed to use a program to get all the guitar hero and rock band plats?

You can script drums and fan/use frequencies for vocals. That’s the most ease out of it you’ll get. There’s no scripting your way to the guitar trophies.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Skipped right past the part about people needing to deliberately alter game files and went right for just the part you wanted, huh?

lets not pretend that ppl with unmodified consoles, without external scripts/programs/peripherals can just hop onto the multiplayer to play the game like NORMAL.. have a bounty placed on them.. and pop the trophy as intended.. all while being on official rockstar servers

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

lets not pretend that ppl with unmodified consoles, without external scripts/programs/peripherals can just hop onto the multiplayer to play the game like NORMAL.. have a bounty placed on them.. and pop the trophy as intended.. all while being on official rockstar servers

…because someone is deliberately altering game files. You can’t separate the two and only pick the parts you like. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

…because someone is deliberately altering game files. You can’t separate the two and only pick the parts you like. 

I get that.. but the exact same thing was/is allowed for RDR.. and u can't conveniently ignore that either 

the rules should be sensible and, most importantly, consistent

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I get that.. but the exact same thing was/is allowed for RDR.. and u can't conveniently ignore that either 

the rules should be sensible and, most importantly, consistent

At this stage, it's impossible to be consistent. Honestly.

Especially since each game is different and many evolve over time through updates or balance patches.

Like, uninstalling a patch or using that rollback tool thingy on a digital only game to version 1.00 to reenable glitches or exploits. That's literally "deliberately altering game files" and that's allowed. Literally cheating, but fine to do.

Some modification is allowed, some isn't.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Especially since each game is different and many evolve over time through updates or balance patches.

Like, uninstalling a patch or using that rollback tool thingy on a digital only game to version 1.00 to reenable glitches or exploits. That's literally "deliberately altering game files" and that's allowed. Literally cheating, but fine to do.

It is good point, that things have been kinda all over the place “:( no argument there.

But tbh I can hear from a mile away people retorting that the difference between hacker influences and old versions of a game is that v1.00 or later of any game is still official material, if only obsoleted and obfuscated by the update process. Before discs eventually get obsoleted (I know I’m jinxing us all here) they will stand proof of that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fiercethetear said:

Get good and play the game normally, I do not understand how these people are gaining any satisfaction from getting these trophies like that...like you have not achieved anything lol

I imagine the same people that get the platinum for this game the easy way are the same that buy shovel ware games for the platinum. 

It has no value other than a statistic. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bsholmes1993 said:

People love gate keeping others. I spent 100 hours platinuming this game others should have to spend that amount or more.

Everyone would love that for every games too but there's other games where people spend 100s of hours legit to platinum a game and then out of the sudden someone find an ingames glitch to cut that huge grind to like a few hours... and it's worse then this because it's allowed ?.. Modded lobby and glitches are a huge difference but it's both frustrating to see haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

[snip]

The people who downgraded the digital only games are indeed cheaters, like literally going against the developer's wishes for their game. I mean, who wants to downgrade their game to a buggier version? It's always to get trophies easier or to glitch them

[snip]

Or playing Final Fantasy XV Comrades DLC, which was patched-out, and then SqEn charged money again for the standalone.

Ether One, had a game breaking glitch back in v1.02

So it seems that all recent insta 100% profiles were either flagged or they hid the game (except one atm).

However - I checked some other few profiles and it seems that this method was used not only by people who just started the game and got it completed in ~3 mins, but also by those who already had the game at X% of completion and now their remaining trophies were earned in seconds and granted them platinum / 100%. That will be interesting...

I am not sure - correct me, pls - but as per my understanding, statement so far from CRT member is not really "solid".  It is not clear (for me) is it ALLOWED or NOT ALLOWED, but I guess it still need some further investigations and (IMHO) shall be added to What Constitutes a Flag thread.

13 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I’m going to assume it’s a “modded level” if TA has already issued rank removals, so my tentative answer is no.

Edited by Smashero
Typos+added

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I agree with you 100%. We have come to the point of rules being the opposite of clear and straight forward, with exceptions and caveats. Ten years ago the overwhelming consensus within this community would have been that this is flaggable cheating. Now it seems, we're not so sure.

I feel trophies should become about what you can square with your own conscience. I have no problem with rolling back a game to a previous version, although it seems like a lot of work for little reward so I have not done that. I might however play a physical game patchless if that helps for some trophies, and I am fine with that.

But I would never use a track like this to insta pop a platinum, because it would feel cheap and an admission of failure that I can not get the platinum the intended way. I only did the Trials game on Vita so far, and although difficult it was a lot of fun, sometimes frustrating but in the end very rewarding.

Why anyone would want to bypass that great feeling of finally beating the game is beyond me, but there you go. A lot of people are just as happy, or maybe even happier, with a meaningless trophy ding. So much should be clear by now.

I am all for our ditching the completely meaningless leaderboard and reverting trophies back to a purely personal thing. The only criteria would then be what you can get past your own conscience and what would not get you banned on PSN. I would have no problem with getting RLTW for example if the stigma went away. But of course that will never happen.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

I already see a lot of doubt in the minds of people about the CRT actions here, but for this I say. It has been 17 hours since OP posted, give them some time to investigate this case. ?

And before its fully investigated. Its bassically in Limbo if it is not allowed or allowed, so it is all on your own risk.

Wether or not, It's kinda sad that this hard platinum is actually getting devalued because of this. People spend 100+ hrs on this one and now people are popping it in... 3 minutes...

7 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I already see a lot of doubt in the minds of people about the CRT actions here, but for this I say. It has been 17 hours since OP posted, give them some time to investigate this case. 1f605.png

And before its fully investigated. Its bassically in Limbo if it is not allowed or allowed, so it is all on your own risk.

I think they are pretty clear, every single profile with autopopped Trials Rising trophies has been removed from the 100% club.

• Like 1