Leaving PS Plus on 18th July

turniplord

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

Stray, and the other games below, are leaving PS Plus in a few weeks, just as the 1-year exclusivity ends. Chances are, it's gonna swap over to Game Pass as it's been recently rated on Xbox.

So, if you've not got the catinum trophy yet, this is the purrfect time to grab it before it leaves the service.

FzqciCkWIAEQQZr?format=jpg&name=large

Does this mean even if I already grabbed it and have it downloaded I won't be able to play after that date unless I officially buy it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Does this mean even if I already grabbed it and have it downloaded I won't be able to play after that date unless I officially buy it?

Correct.....they pull your license once it leaves extra/premium.  I have to buy john wick hex now to finish it because of this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

What if you download and remain offline until completion?

During the PSNow era, the licenses for the game catalog would automatically set to 14 days out each time you logged on and your system connected to Sony's servers. So if you logged in one day before the game was set to be removed and the license set itself to 14 days out, and you then took your system completely offline, you could buy yourself an extra two weeks to complete a game.

To be honest I'm not sure if this has changed with the Plus re-launch or not... and you can't check when your Plus licenses are due to expire on PS5 like your could on PS4. But you might be able to extend the license by two weeks if the same system is in place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

What if you download and remain offline until completion?

When its gone its gone but you can turn off internet and might be able to get 7days.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/ps-plus-extra-premium-games-will-be-playable-offline-but-will-require-weekly-validation

Psnow had 14 days, but yeah that is no more.

• Like 2

This does seem to be the case.  I've had Wildlands downloaded for quite some time now and the plus symbol gets a lock on it about once a week, which clears itself after checking permissions just from highlighting the game tile, not even starting the game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Wanted to wait till I have a PS5 to play Stray but now I'm tempted to just do it on PS4, feels like the sort of game that will end up as a free monthly game eventually though

It was rated for xbox not long ago. Most people are expecting it to hit gamepass once it's removed from extra. So I wouldn't expect it as a monthly game for at least another year if it does go to gamepass.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2023 at 3:03 AM, Drizzora- said:

At this point I’m more worried about the games leaving plus than the excitement I get from the games that come to plus

100%

This is why I'm sceptical about subscription services because they can just pull the plug. Buying is always better IMO - at good sale prices ofc

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

100%

This is why I'm sceptical about subscription services because they can just pull the plug. Buying is always better IMO - at good sale prices ofc

There is zero reason to be sceptical about subscription services. You play the game, you get all trophies or you dont, you delete and you move onto the next game. That's the whole point of them and thats where the value is.

Their point was never to "own" the game and keep it forever.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Silocia said:

There is zero reason to be sceptical about subscription services. You play the game, you get all trophies or you dont, you delete and you move onto the next game. That's the whole point of them and thats where the value is.

Their point was never to "own" the game and keep it forever.

My point being if you owned the game you can return whenever you like to play/ complete it when you like. In an ideal world, yes I'd play one game at a time to completion and move on.

Yeah, these services are better for short games for me as i would probably never buy say that krypto the superdog game because of how little content there is but since it was added it saves me the 10 or 15$ i would have to spend(assuming its on sale digitaly) just to buy it either cheap digitaly or stumble upon a physical copy thats cheap just for a quick filler game that im willing to play but not pay for. Something like assassins creed valhalla or borderlands 3 i would buy outright regardless of it being there as i have to spend 30 or more on dlc anyways(assuming theres a good sale).

Edited by jgm4789

4 hours ago, mcpetrus said:

Will it be up to and including 18.7. still be playable or only until 17.7? I am a bit confused.

In case you didn't know, you can restore your licenses then go offline and keep playing for another 2 weeks. 

Edited by GUDGER666