Jim Ryan is retiring from PlayStation

JPtheNeurotic

52 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Jim Ryan actually does have positive credits to his name

Of course he does, but that's not what he's going to be remembered for, unfortunately for him. Maybe he is gonna be remembered for raising PS+ prices, or for Sony on his watch, being one of the first major publishers to jump on 70$ price bandwagon, or maybe for not giving much of a damn about improving previous generation games for current players, all while bunch of enthusiastic coders, who were not at all affiliated with Sony were able to emulate those games or run them at higher frame rates, depending on a generation. Take your pick.

Edited by dimonemt
  • Like 3

Yeah Jim Ryan was not terrible at least we didnt get another pedo.

Tho i will say i wonder whats going to happen to jim ryan and his whole emulation thingy i hope they keep at it because the games that could brought back are fantastic. Never understood the hate for jim ryan Like alot of things went well. I think its the fans who know little and i dont mean to sound like a dick but sometimes you gotta say it blunt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All the people that don't like Jim Ryan I am confused did you not want stellar first party single player games with no microtransactions 

that released pretty much bug free???

Not sure what more you could ask for. Let me guess you want all that and you want it to be free as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TWOLF2016 said:

All the people that don't like Jim Ryan I am confused did you not want stellar first party single player games with no microtransactions 

that released pretty much bug free???

Not sure what more you could ask for. Let me guess you want all that and you want it to be free as well.

Thats the problem tbh they are all stuck in the ps3 mindset and still want everything to be free

1 minute ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I am actually happy to hear this. I feel like under his rule we have had nothing but failure after failure. Now let's see what the future brings us!

yall dont really give jim ryan credit specially for what he has done 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, TWOLF2016 said:

stellar first party single player games with no microtransactions 

that released pretty much bug free

Hey TWOLF, you've just described the PS4 generation for us here, and that's before Jim Ryan was appointed as PlayStation CEO

9 minutes ago, TWOLF2016 said:

Let me guess you want all that and you want it to be free as well.

Nope, bought most of PlayStation's first party games since PS4 day one, or shortly after. Still haven't played some of them, but i like to support the dev's, who put out good work by buying their product.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

I'm sorry, but this is the most pretentious sentence i read here. What makes you think you're the only one with The Truth and everyone who sees this as a genuine chance to make things better is wrong? You really think that the majority of here whom are happy or at least optimistic about this is wrong bc we're not agreeing with you? That's bs, i'm sorry. 

PlayStation is not better than ever. There's a lot (i mean, a lot) of perfect valid reasons to not like Jim Ryan. The censorship, the poor services, price increasing of PS Plus without a single improvement until now, the pathetic catalog of Classics, the thing with generations (and, if you want an answer to that, Retro Gaming and conservadurism of old games is important for the industry in the same way it's important to conserve music, films and whatsoever), his childish behaviour about "Xbox will make PS5 versions of games worse" based in nothing, the image of the brand being damaged. That's just some things that comes to my mind. Yes, he has wins, but also several loses. As the CEO, he has to take responsabilities for both. I think is naive to think this decission has nothing to do with the state of PlayStation. 

I live in what in the business is know as ROLA: Rest of Latin America. Argentina, particularly. We're not the biggest market, and we have a lot of issues regard economy; but do you know which is the only store that doesn't have regionalized prices? The same game in PlayStation can be literally three times more expensive than Xbox. And regardless, i stay with PlayStation bc i fucking love it. That doesn't mean, in any sense, that i would cheerish everything they do, on the contrary. 

The "but he makes a lot of money" argument is not strong enough to oversee everything the man has done wrong.

To begin with I said 'doing better than ever'. That distinction is key and you cannot argue against it. The rest is largely a load of nonsense that has been fed to you. Jim Ryan is not involved in the nitty gritty of censorship and I'm pretty sure that was a Shawn Layden. You're also savaging Ryan for a single comment he made during the ABK deal when there was an avalanche of comments from Microsoft/Activision to the point they started race baiting on live television. As for the matter itself. He made the statement that they'll have the capacity to sabotage PS5 either purposely or by not working as much on it. That is a correct statement. Would they? Gee, I wonder if the known dirty company that is Microsoft would do dirty tactics. 

As you want to join in also:

"We have always said that we believe in generations," Ryan said. "We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.

"We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used... we are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."

Do point out to me where 'Retro Gaming and conservation' comes up. What is wrong with the above quote, do explain it to me.

As for Latin America talk. That is an area Microsoft actually does often have an edge. I remember back in the 360 days they did things like the factory scam in Brazil where they got around high tariffs by setting up a 'factory' in Brazil, sending a almost complete console over to Brazil and then having them put the final piece in and presto. Why Xbox would have an edge there when they're beaten all around the world is odd certainly. If I had to guess it is less a PlayStation oversight and more Microsoft, being an American company has an edge in South America. Pay the correct people, use some influence, get better rates than your competitor. However, that is merely me guessing. Hopefully one day things will improve for you.

19 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I am actually happy to hear this. I feel like under his rule we have had nothing but failure after failure. Now let's see what the future brings us!

How is life in your alternate reality?

40 minutes ago, dimonemt said:

Of course he does, but that's not what he's going to be remembered for, unfortunately for him. Maybe he is gonna be remembered for raising PS+ prices, or for Sony on his watch, being one of the first major publishers to jump on 70$ price bandwagon, or maybe for not giving much of a damn about improving previous generation games for current players, all while bunch of enthusiastic coders, who were not at all affiliated with Sony were able to emulate those games or run them on a higher frame rate, depending on a generation. Take your pick.

You see, you are not answering. Look, I've seen this before. It happens to people, and you don't have to be ashamed about it. You're not going to get executed for it.

"We have always said that we believe in generations," Ryan said. "We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.

"We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used... we are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."

You have claimed this is such a terrible statement. Very well. Now explain why. This is my 4th time asking. Why aren't you answering this very simple request?

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rozalia1 said:

You see, you are not answering.

1 hour ago, dimonemt said:

I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually Roz, i'm sorry, but if your major metric of his performance is how good he was at messing up Xbox, while you don't at all see how great he was at screwing long time PlayStation players, then we can't have this discussion in good faith.

How is that not an answer? We've been here before Roz, haven't we?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

The rest is largely a load of nonsense that has been fed to you

My dude, the fuck are you talking about? Is Jim Ryan your uncle? Again, just bc i'm not agreeing with you, i'm being "fed with nonsense"? Do you realize that i can say literally the same about you? I'm a developer, i even used to have a radio show about gaming. I'm not being fed with anything, i'm just interested in the industry as everyone else.

I'm sorry if this is bad news for you; it's not for me, and it's not either for a lot of people. You know what's cool? People can have different points of view. Since you're too cocky to admit something as simple as that, this whole exchange is worthless. Be well.

• Like 1

Just now, dimonemt said:

How is that not an answer? We've been here before Roz, haven't we?

Ah yes. 'You'll figure it out eventually'. What an answer. Very funny indeed. 

Well, I could ask a 5th time... but clearly you do not have the integrity to admit a fault so I will say what I knew from the start. When that comment was made it was put out in a certain way in the Microsoft friendly gaming media to make it look as bad as possible, and it was then amplified by the Microsoft astroturfing machine. You registered it as a bad thing in your mind, likely you didn't even read the full quote, and that was that. Now, when questioned, you cannot answer because whatever is in your mind that Jim Ryan said is not what was actually said.

Will that get through to you? Or are we now at the part where you'll keep denying it while making yourself out to be a victim? 

19 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Nothing changes really as people will just find reasons to hate the next guy 

15 minutes ago, DarkPhoenix4567 said:

I hate how true that statement is 

And the next guy could do all wrong and since people have a hate boner for jim ryan they would still say the new guy is good 

The gaming media is pretty onside with Microsoft and their astroturfing is also a thing, so yeah, anybody who takes over is going to get targeted. That said, Jim Ryan being 'above it all' and not saying anything, while perhaps noble in a way, doesn't exactly work well to defend himself from all of this nonsense like what I've been quoting in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

My dude, the fuck are you talking about? Is Jim Ryan your uncle? Again, just bc i'm not agreeing with you, i'm being "fed with nonsense"? Do you realize that i can say literally the same about you? I'm a developer, i even used to have a radio show about gaming. I'm not being fed with anything, i'm just interested in the industry as everyone else.

I'm sorry if this is bad news for you; it's not for me, and it's not either for a lot of people. You know what's cool? People can have different points of view. Since you're too cocky to admit something as simple as that, this whole exchange is worthless. Be well.

It is not a matter of you disagreeing with you, it is the case of me recognising someone who has been wound up. You're on number 3 by the way.

Come on now. Please explain what is wrong with this Jim Ryan statement which is ever so evil. Of course, it seems you can't and knowing that I'd ask again you have already announced your retreat because you're outraged at how you've been victimised. This is all very predictable.

The reason I'm doing this is not to defend Jim Ryan per say, it is to defend against misinformation, misinformation that has been astroturfed and some people actually have been fooled into believing. Which as I've said, happens. What is wrong however is the fact that both of you have been confronted with the truth numerous times and refuse to accept it. Neither of you have even tried picking away at the statement trying to nick pick out some fault in it, because you know that you were wrong but refuse to admit it, something that again, there is no shame in. People can be wrong. We make mistakes. We learn.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Please explain what is wrong with this Jim Ryan statement which is ever so evil

The statement is like everything the CEOs says: correct, polite, and empty. How many recent games actually does a good use of DualSense for example? You want to fed your ego? No, the statement is not "evil" per se. Because the statement is about hardware generations and how the games could use that. But when it was brought to this thread, it was pretty clear that it wasn't pointing to hardware, just the old games Jimbo despices. You were, and still are, completely missing the point (or just adjusting it to your narrative), but that's okey, we make mistakes, don't we?

You're really something. I'm not going to waste more time with someone being so condescending with everyone else. Be happy with your beliefs. Peace.

• Like 1