Jim Ryan is retiring from PlayStation

JPtheNeurotic

6 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Do explain the great evil in the below for me please.

Hi Rozalia, do i really have to? Aren't we all know what he was responding to? And how it turned out in reality? He's literally the only PlayStation CEO since 2011, about whom i have such a negative opinion, and i think it's well deserved.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

@Rozalia1 Forget trying to convince @RedDevil757, sorry, but he's an Xbot slave to his evil master Phil Spencer.

People buy into all sorts of things. The matter of who has done better for the brand is a factual matter however, so they are simply wrong, and to do anything other than accept that is to deny reality. 

8 minutes ago, Meikoro said:

Hope we get a someone who cares about Japan and SONY's History more.

I want to have uncencored Games on the Console back like Nintendo get the Change. We missing so much Games now from japan....

The problem is... are the demographics really in favour of that. That is my worry. It ain't complete death like Xbox, but the number of buys on PlayStation for those games by comparison to Nintendo tends to not look great. PlayStation still gets most still, but there are misses.

4 minutes ago, dimonemt said:

Hi Rozalia, do i really have to? Aren't we all know what he was responding to? And how it turned out in reality? He's literally the only PlayStation CEO since 2011, about whom i have such a negative opinion, and i think it's well deserved.

Yes, please do. I've seen a lot of people who bring that up and then don't go into why exactly it is some great evil.

10 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

Edit: Sorry for derailing this thread, but whenever Phil Spenser and Xbox is mentioned, I get upset about that, sorry about that, JP.

Take it as a learning experience. Being angry/annoyed at what Microsoft has done is correct enough (though this thread isn't on that subject directly), but no good comes from looking bad yourself by targeting others without much reason. Social media is a whole different ballgame I know, but on a forum things are a little different.

• Like 2

Happy retirement Jimbo, while some of his takes were rather stupid you cannot say he did nothing for PlayStation, and he isn't like you know who at the other company that being said good luck to the new person hopefully they're a gamer at least as that certainly helps with the job at hand.

The below being a bad take!

Ryan recalled seeing versions of the PlayStation racing gameseries "Gran Turismo" running side-by-side on PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4.

"The PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?" he said at the time.

• Like 1