Jim Ryan is retiring from PlayStation

JPtheNeurotic

2 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I hope it's true. The brand has gone to shit since he took control. I think the damage is already done though. My main is series X and I never thought I'd say that lol

i have a series x. help me find reasons to play it lol. 

but yeah, hopefully we get more exclusives and new IPs..lets see what happens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's official, boys.

https://sonyinteractive.com/en/press-releases/2023/new-management-structure-of-sony-interactive-entertainment-2/

From the shitpile himself:

“After 30 years, I have made the decision to retire from SIE in March 2024. I’ve relished the opportunity to have a job I love in a very special company, working with great people and incredible partners. But I’ve found it increasingly difficult to reconcile living in Europe and working in North America. I will leave having been privileged to work on products that have touched millions of lives across the world; PlayStation will always be part of my life, and I feel more optimistic than ever about the future of SIE. I want to thank Yoshida-san for placing so much trust in me and being an incredibly sensitive and supportive leader.”

Edited by matigrosso91
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Wow…wonder who will replace him. And I still don’t think he’s ever been as bad as Phil Spencer.

Effective April 1, 2024, Hiroki Totoki will be appointed Interim CEO of SIE while he continues his current role at Sony Group Corporation.

https://sonyinteractive.com/en/jim-ryan-president-and-ceo-announces-retirement-after-30-years-with-sony-interactive-entertainment/

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 1

Well, that came out of nowhere, didn't it?

I hope that Totoki can do a good job managing the brand while he's the interim CEO, as can the person they bring on to replace him permanently. Jim Ryan definitely made some questionable decisions during his tenure, so I hope the new guy can learn from those mistakes.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Good! Hopefully his successor doesn't end up being worse. 

The funny thing people always overlook when they want someone shit canned. They never think about who will come in and replace them. It could be for the better, or the worse. Nobody knows until it's too late.

I guess we'll find out.

• Like 2