The Last of Us 2: Remastered listed on Naughty Dog dev’s LinkedIn

breakXedge

I've had TLoU2 sitting on my shelf for awhile now, unplayed. Eventually got to a point where I was just like "might as well wait for the PS5 version"...it's not like we didn't know it was coming at some point. I'll just wait and pay the $10 to upgrade it.  

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

I've had TLoU2 sitting on my shelf for awhile now, unplayed. Eventually got to a point where I was just like "might as well wait for the PS5 version"...it's not like we didn't know it was coming at some point. I'll just wait and pay the $10 to upgrade it.  

That's pretty much where I am as well.  If a remaster is in fact coming, then I can just wait for that.  Plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

I think most people expected it.

It's also another example of the new cross-media strategy. They make a show or a movie and try to prepare a game release to coincide. PC players had TLOU Part I to play after watching season 1 of the show. Now they'll have Part II with season 2.

Yesterday, I heard a joke about The Last of Us being a franchise with 4 entries and 2 games. It's possible the joke is about to get even funnier.

Edited by Slava

47 minutes ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

Oh look, another pointless remaster of a game that doesn't need it.

"Woke propaganda". You people are really one note.

The game was flagrantly anti male all the way through and anti family/fatherhood, the only character I felt sorry for in the game was Mel and the sex scene between Abbi and her ex was gratuitous [ feel sorry for actors in mo-cap ].  Beautiful graphically, but the storyline and ending pissed me off and I wasn't the only one either.  It doesn't need a remaster.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

The game was flagrantly anti male all the way through and anti family/fatherhood, the only character I felt sorry for in the game was Mel and the sex scene between Abbi and her ex was gratuitous [ feel sorry for actors in mo-cap ].  Beautiful graphically, but the storyline and ending pissed me off and I wasn't the only one either.  It doesn't need a remaster.

Part 1 is the anti-male one. You spend the entirety of part 1 killing men, not a single female enemy.

/s

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Part 1 is the anti-male one. You spend the entirety of part 1 killing men, not a single female enemy.

/s

That's not strictly true as there are number of female infected around, and you kill Marlene [ admittedly in a cut scene though ] and there is a female soldier that you kill also.  You also kill [ if you choose too ] the female nurse in the operating room.   All the factions you meet a male only, and they all deserve to die anyway.