Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

12 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

This is my mates cod stack. He's done every single list of every single cod (inc ps3), this is just his latest cod stack.

Now it's kinda ruined

spacer.png

Just tell him to buy the dlc and he'll be back to 100%. Non-issue in this case, as even if it was a separate list, he'd still have to purchase and complete it. 

This is so dumb, I have no idea why they decided to make it a dlc, surely it's not that hard to make a separate list for this as it's a brand new game coming out on a disc, but whatever I guess. I don't even like this live service stuff anyway it just never appealed to me, I hate how those games completely change every few months, and it's impossible to keep up with unless you play the live service game all the time. At least the PS4 version has it's own platinum though, genuinely might get that version over the PS5 version on disc if I ever decide to play this game

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Just tell him to buy the dlc and he'll be back to 100%. Non-issue in this case, as even if it was a separate list, he'd still have to purchase and complete it. 

The point is he'll have to remove mw2 ps5 from the other mw2 and the cod stack. Some people put a lot of effort into lists and the way they look. Imagine waiting 7+ years to put cods next to each other for 1 to be ripped out. Yes, just means he'll have to wait another near decade to stack it out of the desired order

Edited by Riiszk
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

The point is he'll have to remove mw2 ps5 from the other mw2 and the cod stack. Some people put a lot of effort into lists and the way they look. Imagine waiting 7+ years to put cods next to each other for 1 to be ripped out. Yes, just means he'll have to wait another near decade to stack it out of the desired order

I understand you and your friend. Some people handle their trophy list and even the order of their platinum. They put the same stacks sometimes the entire franchise together. It’s definitely ruined and not getting back even the MW2 ps5 stack is 100% again

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah this seems like a silly restriction around PS5 games that use the same launcher. I don’t understand why they can’t have multiple lists for individual games within a single launcher like the PS4.

I spent over a year completing all the PS4 and PS5 COD games I hadn’t already completed and stacking them in a row based on release date. I’m not mad about the lack of a platinum in MW3 or the trophy points, but this makes stacking the series going forward so weird. 

Like will the game next year also launch in the same PS5 hub and have its list included as dlc too? The PS5 trophy limits are much greater than PS4 so they could theoretically do this for many, many years without hitting any restrictions. All while the PS4 versions have their own lists until they inevitably end support for PS4 versions completely. I may have to wait a year to see how this is going to be handled going forward. MW3 will also probably be on sale at that point for much cheaper.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, F1rstinFlight said:

Like will the game next year also launch in the same PS5 hub and have its list included as dlc too? The PS5 trophy limits are much greater than PS4 so they could theoretically do this for many, many years without hitting any restrictions. All while the PS4 versions have their own lists until they inevitably end support for PS4 versions completely. I may have to wait a year to see how this is going to be handled going forward. MW3 will also probably be on sale at that point for much cheaper.

I think that is the million-dollar question. Since MW3 is so closely tied with MW2, starting as a DLC and reusing all the MW2 maps, it is possible this is being added as DLC because they got lazy. My hope is that going forward each game will launch as its own thing. 

Yes, this has nothing to do with the merger, I don't know how you get to there. Still, doesn't change the fact that this is such bs. I don't even really like the game, I played MW2 only because I received it for free and it was easy to complete. And now they want us to put 50+ hours to complete a dlc, where obtaining the platinum only takes like 15 hours...

Edited by Ecthelion91

Well this is interesting, so much for me saying I may be finished with the series after Microsoft got its hands on it as I don't generally want to support them it's bad for the gaming business, just my opinion. Damn fucking OCD maybe it's time to snap myself out of it as I can just see them continue to add a list each year within that series so if MW4 comes out that will be added to that list, and it basically continues to put money in their pockets especially for people WITH OCD FFS, but I also find it hilarious expensive as fuck DLC with no platinum on the so-called better system being the PS5 GG Sony the trophy system is amazing lol.

• Like 1

They changed the name of MWII on Steam to just Call of Duty awhile back so I don't think it's a mistake. It seems as if there's a separate list and a platinum for PS4 but on Steam/PS5 (Unsure about Xbox atm) it's all under the call of duty (MWII).

MWII Renamed on Steam to just "Call of Duty"

Edited by Loutisu

I've been trying for like 8 months now to explain that Sony is more likely the problem with unusual, disappointing PS5 trophy lists recently and not the developers. As hard as this is for some people to believe for whatever reason, this is probably going to keep happening. I just hope this issue here starts to poke some holes in people's confidence that Sony can do no wrong with trophy lists.

• Like 2

The worst thing is future COD games may also end up as a DLC for MW2. Imagine someone chooses to play PS4 version because of separate trophy lists and then later they have to redo MW2 and 3 if next COD will be PS5 only. 

Edited by alien713

Haha I've always been saying that PS4 is better than PS5 and they keep proving me right with stuff like this! 🤣

What a dumb decision to make a $70 DLC for the trophy list, makes me glad I didn't buy last year's Cod because the series had been getting too stale.

Ay least whenever I actually get around to the games, I won't need to worry about DLC on PS4!

21 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

I've been trying for like 8 months now to explain that Sony is more likely the problem with unusual, disappointing PS5 trophy lists recently and not the developers. As hard as this is for some people to believe for whatever reason, this is probably going to keep happening. I just hope this issue here starts to poke some holes in people's confidence that Sony can do no wrong with trophy lists.

I don't quite agree, while i don't doubt Sony has screwed something up there has been other games with similar issues. I think the real problem is that multiple companies with not only different trophy systems but also varying generations of system architecture is the problem.

Most likely Sony is getting screwed over by microsoft since MS owns the companies that are producing the games with messed up trophies, prioritize themselves versus your opponents architecture.