Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

I doubt this will be fixed as i dont recall any game that had dlc trophies listed actually losing trophies on the list later on. Weve had games get trophies for dlc that never released(*cough*burn zombie burn*cough*) and situations like destiny 2 changing trophies after vaulting dlc so they cant be played anymore(that you theoretically paid for)but never a game actually losing dlc trophies after it got added on the list.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

I doubt this will be fixed as i dont recall any game that had dlc trophies listed actually losing trophies on the list later on. Weve had games get trophies for dlc that never released(*cough*burn zombie burn*cough*) and situations like destiny 2 changing trophies after vaulting dlc so they cant be played anymore(that you theoretically paid for)but never a game actually losing dlc trophies after it got added on the list.

Yeah same here. I don’t think it was a mistake or a bug. 

was hoping for two platinums, but oh well. Same thing happened when Uncharted 4 and LL were released on PS5. Both games single trophy list U4 being the base and LL as a dlc. 

I feel like this will be the new future of all CoD games. PS5 gets added as a DLC in the useless CoD HQ. PS4 standalone release trophies. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

I guess the closest thing to removing dlc trophies would be when Life is Strange: Before the Storm was originally gonna require you to have the dlc episode to be able to platinum the game, but thankfully the trophy was removed before release.

Life Is Strange: Before The Storm's Platinum Trophy Requires the Deluxe Edition (Updated) | Push Square

Like Monster Hunter Rise all over again. According to the last title of MH, the major expansion, which takes the same amount of effort to complete as the base game, should be separated and has its own platinum. Instead Capcom just made MHR’s major expansion Sunbreak dlc trophies. Nightmare. What’s worst sunbreak has a gold trophy that’s equivalent to what a platinum trophy supposed to be.

Edited by archangeltw_
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

On PS4 games like the Spyro collection had three separate lists attached to one game, now there’s this weird crap where entire games are being attached as DLC trophies like with this game and the Uncharted game - seems like some strange limitation specific to the PS5 trophy list system Sony needs to sort out

To be honest, I'm still wondering about the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection case to this day...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

What’s strange is it seems like multiple lists can’t be tied to one game with PS5 lists or something?

On PS4 games like the Spyro collection had three separate lists attached to one game, now there’s this weird crap where entire games are being attached as DLC trophies like with this game and the Uncharted game - seems like some strange limitation specific to the PS5 trophy list system Sony needs to sort out

This is (unfortunately) intentional, the MW3 game will share the same game tile as MW2 game rather than be a separate game

Yep, this is exactly it I think. PS5 builds do not allow for multiple trophy lists to be attached.

My guess would be:

PS4 -- CoD HUB with MW2 and MW3 + 2 trophy lists

PS5 -- CoD HUB with MW2 and MW3 + 1 trophy list + 1 DLC list due to limitations

Another hint that PS5 games have some obscure trophy list limits:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/playstation-trophy-update.46954/

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Yep, this is exactly it I think. PS5 builds do not allow for multiple trophy lists to be attached.

My guess would be:

PS4 -- CoD HUB with MW2 and MW3 + 2 trophy lists

PS5 -- CoD HUB with MW2 and MW3 + 1 trophy list + 1 DLC list due to limitations

Another hint that PS5 games have some obscure trophy list limits:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/playstation-trophy-update.46954/

You would think that but we just had the Metal Gear Solid collection come out with 4 lists + 4 plats on both PS4 + PS5. 

3 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

You would think that but we just had the Metal Gear Solid collection come out with 4 lists + 4 plats on both PS4 + PS5. 

But is it a single launcher / build? AFAIK, it's not. And all 4 games can be also bought standalone if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

I don’t really care myself as I was planning on buying MW III day 1 anyway and the platinum doesn’t matter to me but this really should not happen. I understand people are pissed. And so I hope they will fix this, but I highly doubt that.

I was planning to trade in MW II for MW III. Is that still possible or do I need to keep it now?