Rockstar Games just announced GTA VI - Trailer out now

Abby_TheLastofUs

On 27. 07. 2022. at 5:15 PM, kenseizenkai said:

& no Roman please. I don't want Roman to call me every 10 secs. to remind me he's my cousin & to bug me to go bowling with him, lol.

Hahahah those were golden times. I wish I still have GTA IV on my ps3. To this day I havent had much fun in some multiplayer like it was with IV. Maybe Modern Warfare 2 but GTA had something special. IV was my first platinum.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 7:49 PM, Valyrious said:

Genuinely more excited for the Max Payne remakes than another GTA.

Gimme a new Manhunt or Bully 2.

As much as I enjoy GTA(and Red Dead) it really sucks thats all we got out of Rockstar today. I think a remake or a reboot of Manhunt would actually be really and I think theres a lot you can do with its asethic and concept with modern gamepaly.

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Oh, I certainly hope it's "for the sake of it". Women are real and don't need your permission to exist. 1f642.png 

haha ? Well played

you play The time as a crazy feminist, like a pro ❤️

I hope your post was ironic. 

og course women are real, and dont need my permission to exist ?

I also think you know what i meant ?

1 minute ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

It's not being a crazy feminist. 

Women are humans too, but recent events irl have shown that some people still haven't figured that out. A woman being a main character in a video game where we've had female protagonists before many times should not be a controversial topic yet here we are.

I thought it was obvious, that there's no problem with female main protagonists in gaming. Sad to hear it's a debate.

I'll explain my comment (crazy i even have too, but it's obvious someone needs me to). 

I meant that doing ANYTHING, "just because", is lame. 

An example would be making James Bond a woman. The character has ALWAYS been a man (who is a womanizer). It doesn't make sense. 

I would have no problem with a spinoff "007.5, Jenny Bond". But don't change established characters, just because. It has to make sense. 

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I thought it was obvious, that there's no problem with female main protagonists in gaming. Sad to hear it's a debate.

I'll explain my comment (crazy i even have too, but it's obvious someone needs me to). 

An example would be making James Bond a woman. The character has ALWAYS been a man (who is a womanizer). It doesn't make sense. 

I would have no problem with a spinoff "007.5, Jenny Bond". But don't change established characters, just because. It has to make sense. 

That's not at all what anyone is saying but ok.

We aren't talking about sjw "make everything female just because" attitudes. We are talking about the fact that there is still so much vitriol towards women that whole topics and threads and media has to be the fact that a woman is a lead character AT ALL. GTA 6 is not an established video game. Franchise maybe. But it's all new characters. Why can't the main on be female? You really think it's a problem if it's "just because"? So every video game ever is 'supposed' to have random_generic/stereotype_male as the main character? My point is why are we still making this to be some sensationalist thing that is happening? That it's somehow revolutionary to have a woman in a popular video game? It shouldn't be. Topics like this only further the rabbit hole of misogynistic neckbeards who are so against the thought of playing as a female you'd think they just like looking at the male characters ass from the closet. And unfortunately, despite possibly being in minority of people with that attitude, they are typically the ones with the loudest voices. Women like me read these topics only to hear "wah wah why do I have to play as a *female* that's literally the worst thing to happen to this whole franchise blah blah". And then we have men who are basically telling us we are crazy for wanting basic respect when the attitude isn't exactly a secret.

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 3

That's not at all what anyone is saying but ok.

We aren't talking about sjw "make everything female just because" attitudes. We are talking about the fact that there is still so much vitriol towards women that whole topics and threads and media has to be the fact that a woman is a lead character AT ALL.

And THAT is INSANE!.

I hope you didn't read my post like that, and if you did, you misunderstood me :) 

I have no problem, what so ever, with women in games, movies, or in real life. People who has, are crazy, and shouldn't be listened to, or taken serious at all. 

5 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

And THAT is INSANE!.

I hope you didn't read my post like that, and if you did, you misunderstood me :) 

I have no problem, what so ever, with women in games, movies, or in real life. People who has, are crazy, and shouldn't be listened to, or taken serious at all. 

No hard feelings friend, I appreciate the open dialogue. I wish these topics would stop being a thing but people are people. 

No hard feelings friend, I appreciate the open dialogue. I wish these topics would stop being a thing but people are people.

I hate that people to this day, in 2022, still are finding problems :( 

Seriously. Woman or man, who cares. It's crazy. Also homosexuality. Why is that even a topic today? 

Yeah, it's nice to experience a good dialogue on the internet, it's rare these days, cause some people tend to make up their minds, and doesn't listen to each other. Thanks for the good chat :) 

2 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

This doesn't make any sense because the reports are that it's an original female character, not a gender swap. So you're finding things to be concerned about that aren't there.

Your 'crazy feminist' comment is very telling though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

This doesn't make any sense because the reports are that it's an original female character, not a gender swap. So you're finding things to be concerned about that aren't there.

Your 'crazy feminist' comment is very telling though.

It seems like you are just trying hard to make me look a certain Way. GG 

You do you ?

i know who i am. Welcome to The internet 

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

It seems like you are just trying hard to make me look a certain Way. GG 

You do you 1f60a.png

i know who i am. Welcome to The internet 

I think you "looked a certain way" when you called me a "crazy feminist" for mildly disagreeing with you. Best of luck with that attitude. ☺️

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I think you "looked a certain way" when you called me a "crazy feminist" for mildly disagreeing with you. Best of luck with that attitude. 263a.png

i sad you played The rolle of a crazy feminist very Well. I actually thought your post was a Wild misunderstanding of my post, or a joke. 

have a nice day, theres no Winners in this “debate”, when your only way of debating is by interpreting my posts how you want ?

9 hours ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

How about just in life in general?

They are no different in life I guess, but this is internet and they can allow themselves a little more. No point to get upset or offended.

I played GTA Online for many years, and a big Resident Evil fan, so had kinda Ada Wong like outfit with Chinese motive. As had also very hostile type of game play, in daily basis received a lot of racist messages about how Asians are. In fact, I even not an Asian, but that it is. 

No matter woman or gay, or Asian, or simple pleb guy, you will be roasted.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

On 7/27/2022 at 2:18 PM, Undead Wolf said:

The writing has been on the wall for a while now with Rockstar removing "offensive" content from GTA V, but with that "being cautious not to punch down" comment, you can be sure that GTA VI is going to be safe, boring, and woke with its satire. At least we're getting some diversity when it comes to our mass-murdering protagonists though. Thank God. ? It's quite the shame that both GTA and Saints Row are going down this route, but it is what it is. Even aside from all that, the GTA Online-focused live service model they're going for with this game doesn't interest me at all, so I likely wasn't going to buy it anyway.

This^

While I am sure the next iteration will be "stunning and brave" it's a hard pass for me.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2022 at 11:18 AM, Undead Wolf said:

The writing has been on the wall for a while now with Rockstar removing "offensive" content from GTA V, but with that "being cautious not to punch down" comment, you can be sure that GTA VI is going to be safe, boring, and woke with its satire. At least we're getting some diversity when it comes to our mass-murdering protagonists though. Thank God. ? It's quite the shame that both GTA and Saints Row are going down this route, but it is what it is. Even aside from all that, the GTA Online-focused live service model they're going for with this game doesn't interest me at all, so I likely wasn't going to buy it anyway.

Unless I had my head buried in the sand, I hope they didn’t touch any of the single player when I finally get around to doing it.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that looks like Miami alright.

I'm not gonna get all super sensitive because lord knows how much more development they have to do but I'm a little put off that the lighting and graphics engine looks basically exactly like GTA V. The same bland, washed out white/blue look. Meh.

The crab walk, contextual prompts, and non-centered weapon wheel are promising. Here's hoping it plays more tactically. 

• Like 1