Rockstar Games just announced GTA VI - Trailer out now

Abby_TheLastofUs

Finally. But be prepared for the trailer to be just a logo reveal or something with “coming soon” underneath, then we wait another year. Either that or the game will be out in a month. It can go either way with Rockstar. 😂

One thing is it better be current gen only. Don’t want PS4 etc. holding it back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VeldinX said:

Finally. But be prepared for the trailer to be just a logo reveal or something with “coming soon” underneath, then we wait another year. Either that or the game will be out in a month. It can go either way with Rockstar. 😂

One thing is it better be current gen only. Don’t want PS4 etc. holding it back. 

Doubt we’ll see out before October next year at the earliest. But they have said it was well into development a few months ago so maybe there’s a flicker of hope for a May 2024 release.

Yeah they’d likely know that making it for PS4 would be a waste and will stick to the new consoles.

2 hours ago, Feral said:

Doubt we’ll see out before October next year at the earliest. But they have said it was well into development a few months ago so maybe there’s a flicker of hope for a May 2024 release.

Yeah they’d likely know that making it for PS4 would be a waste and will stick to the new consoles.

Yeah October is Rockstar’s traditional release time so that is very likely.

Don’t actually think we will see it out in the next few months. Was just being a little facetious as Rockstar can be a bit unpredictable sometimes. Saying that though, I don’t think they usually announce things very far in advance.

5 hours ago, Feral said:

Just as a comparison from their big releases from the past:
GTAV and RDR2 both we released 2 years after the first trailer. Both trailers were a bit over 1 minute long. First GTAV Trailer didn't announce any release time. First RDR2 did show a release time but then got delayed for one more year. Both trailers showed few glimpses of the protagonists but no super clear indications of who is who.

So this is where I set my expectations: About one minute of video material, showing the world of GTAVI, no gameplay, some npc and the protagonists will have a little line of dialogue. My guess is they will call a release time but the game will be delayed (which is no problem for me as long as the game profits from such a decision, like mostly).

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Yeah October is Rockstar’s traditional release time so that is very likely.

Don’t actually think we will see it out in the next few months. Was just being a little facetious as Rockstar can be a bit unpredictable sometimes. Saying that though, I don’t think they usually announce things very far in advance.

Yeah, that’s why I’d hedge my bets on it. October 2024/5/6/7 lol.

Oh I know, would’ve said something if I thought you were really thinking that. True but as you say they’re so unpredictable it could be a few years.

6 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Just as a comparison from their big releases from the past:
GTAV and RDR2 both we released 2 years after the first trailer. Both trailers were a bit over 1 minute long. First GTAV Trailer didn't announce any release time. First RDR2 did show a release time but then got delayed for one more year. Both trailers showed few glimpses of the protagonists but no super clear indications of who is who.

So this is where I set my expectations: About one minute of video material, showing the world of GTAVI, no gameplay, some npc and the protagonists will have a little line of dialogue. My guess is they will call a release time but the game will be delayed (which is no problem for me as long as the game profits from such a decision, like mostly).

Couldn’t have remembered the time between trailers and releases so it’s good to know their previous form.

I don’t expect much but just seeing something is good enough for now. Just to know it’s real and not some random person on YouTube’s speculation.

Yeah one guarantee we have is Rockstar won’t rush it. They don’t care if it needs to be delayed, they’ll get it done and done right.

• 3 weeks later...