Rockstar Games just announced GTA VI - Trailer out now

Abby_TheLastofUs

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Darn it! I've been watching for whatever the special event was when PS5 became current gen, but even yesterday people were still referring to PS5 as next gen. I'm so confused.

LOL. 

The event, though, is simple: the PS5 is current gen when I can drive to a store and pick it up. I'll be streaming it live!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

This will get released at the end of PS5 cycle basically as a beta test, to then be released on PS6 a year later. 7 years after that it'll be released on PS7 called 'Enhanced Edition'. Does this remind you of anything?

I definitely see that happening...

I still don't see this as an anouncement about anything new... unless R* were to go bankrupt, a new GTA game is always in the making, that's a given.. they didn't really needed to just come out with such a blank statement as an announcement, hell, they at least could have used a concept art or something in the announcement, and they didn't even do that..

I'm still holding out hope this isn't actually any kind of announcement for GTA 6, but some other GTA title and someone from Rockstar read my post about what I suggest they do for an official GTA 6 announcement:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/117107-rumor-gta-6-is-reportedly-in-development-hell-rdr-remastered-is-coming-but-not-soon/?do=findComment&comment=2445769

GTA 6 should be announced the day it’s released, preferably in about another 10 years, with all the components functioning. No early previews, no teasers, no trailers, no beta testing, no review copies, nothing. 

It’s another title some people are going to be in an uproar no matter what gets released. Rockstar doesn’t need the pre-orders, they don’t need marketing. It’ll sell based on its name alone, and it’ll sell a boatload. 

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Shouldn't the thread title be "Next entry in the Grand Theft Auto Series announced"?

Darn it! I've been watching for whatever the special event was when PS5 became current gen, but even yesterday people were still referring to PS5 as next gen. I'm so confused.

Were you “making a funny?”

I'm still convinced we will see the heat death of the universe before GTA6 comes out.

Even if it happens before I expire, I doubt I'll play it. Rockstar aren't the old Rockstar, no doubt the next entry will be designed in such a way to fleece as much cash out of everybody as humanly possible. Total online integration, GaaS, NFTs, probably even Metaverse bollocks and any other scams that arise between now and then. The type of shit old GTAs would lampoon. 

Sorry for the cynicism but we all know in our hearts how this will all go down.

• Like 4

they better not to screw it up this time

i gonna take a grain of salt

3 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

They aren't going to abandon their cash cow anytime soon. GTAV was a joke when it came to microtransactions or time it took to earn anything. If you can't tell I'm not even remotely excited. They can keep it.

unlees they stop milking gtav to death and charge more money on next gen ver

Edited by Ghost-Zeus514

3 hours ago, Silocia said:

With the departure of Dan Houser, I cant really say that I'm excited for anything new Rockstar will bring out.

Up to them to change my mind though I guess.

Add to Houser departure, two other high person's that left the company too, the "definitive edition" turned out to be shit and lacking any love and respect they used to have for them games. Finally, the political correctness they did to the trilogy.

I'm not too excited about this "new" Rockstar anything.

All jokes aside, I'm pretty worried about GTA VI. From the way they mishandled the single player (all I care about) post launch in GTA V, and the online being their center focus and monetizing the crap out of everything, considering there's no way they want to give it up and have to figure out how to triple down on it....to how RDR2 was amazing to see in action, but to play was almost TOO much, and I'm afraid those "life simulator" like mechanics are going to bleed into this. I have a feeling GTA VI is going to be a melting pot of all the things I don't want out of this series. And on a more minor point, if the map is just a retread of a city we've seen before...that's not going to excite me either. I understand people want to see what Rockstar can do with Vice City on modern tech...but I want them to branch out and give us something new. 

22 hours ago, ChecoMayor said:

Add to Houser departure, two other high person's that left the company too, the "definitive edition" turned out to be shit and lacking any love and respect they used to have for them games. Finally, the political correctness they did to the trilogy.

I'm not too excited about this "new" Rockstar anything.

Exactly, I don't think creatively its the Rockstar people enjoy but again we'll see.

Dan Houser has however created another studio called "Absurd Ventures in Games" I am very much interested in what they'll be creating.