Rockstar Games just announced GTA VI - Trailer out now

Abby_TheLastofUs

16 hours ago, janzor88 said:

So hacking into peoples accounts, stealing their personal photos and sharing them online is frowned upon.

But when it's stolen from a company, it's completely okay to share it?

Good job mods 1f44d.png Let's hope Rockstar takes legal action for being complicit in sharing stolen material. Maybe that's the only thing that can wake Sly up from his hibernation. 

There's a reason YouTube is constantly deleting these videos.

Even GTA Forums isn't allowing sharing leaked content, but apparently it's ok to do so here LOL

41 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

In fact, hackers can be very useful to test the information technology infrastructure of a company to its weaking points to correct them. Of course there will never be an 100 percent safety for any system but obviously, Rockstar had issues here. But I get your point. There is ethical hacking and there is toxic hacking.

That being said I believe Rockstar's behaviour of the last couple of years caused the intoxination of the playerbase, including:

• the refusal of giving Red Dead Online the proper treatment it deserved and that was being promised
  • the terrible remasters for the GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas
  • the kinda useless re-re-release of GTA V for PS5 (and it's once again exclusive extra content)
  • the amount of microtransactions in GTA online
  • the introduction of gta+ for GTA online
  • the Shutdown of GTA Online for PS3
  • the cancelation of RDR Remaster/Remake

So if YOU feel like Rockstar run THEIR business wrong, YOU can just DECIDE that they no longer OWN their own property and STEAL it from them, and that's justified? 

Ok then. 

Im sorry, but that's insane....

The only justified way to battle Rockstar (if you feel like it), is by boycutting them and their services. 

No matter what Rockstar does with THEIR property, or how they run THEIR business, YOU don't get to steal their things... 

• Like 4

I don't understand the buzz around it. It's just some pre-alpha gameplay footage, what's the big deal? Rockstar won't lose any money over it and the controversy just helps to promote the game for them. And from a consumer's perspective, seeing a trailer would be nice I guess but it's just a bunch of assets without anything story related, why does anyone even care?

13 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

So if YOU feel like Rockstar run THEIR business wrong, YOU can just DECIDE that they no longer OWN their own property and STEAL it from them, and that's justified? 

Ok then. 

The only justified way to battle Rockstar (if you feel like it), is by boycutting them and their services. 

No matter what Rockstar does with THEIR property, or how they run THEIR business, YOU don't get to steal their things... 

Where did he say stealing is okay? Your reading skills need to improve. The post quoted by you explained the pov very well, how the heck did you manage to reach this absurd conclusion?

3 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Where did he say stealing is okay? Your reading skills need to improve. The post quoted by you explained the pov very well, how the heck did you manage to reach this absurd conclusion?

He listed a list of reasons, WHY it was okay for the hacker to do this. 

"That being said I believe Rockstar's behaviour of the last couple of years caused the intoxination of the playerbase, including:

• the refusal of giving Red Dead Online the proper treatment it deserved and that was being promised
  • the kinda useless re-re-release of GTA V for PS5 (and it's once again exclusive extra content)
  • the cancelation of RDR Remaster/Remake"

It's really not that hard to understand. 

It's really simple. 

This list, or no list, stealing from a company is wrong. 

I know he is saying not to steal, but he, in the same sentence, lists a reason why people are actually doing it, and why it's almost ok. A way to understand the hacker. 

I think it's YOUR reading skills that need a little refresher :) But thanks for your concern for my skills. 

What really gets my gears grinding is the fact that some "small minded" people really think this is the FINAL BUILD of the game and they're comparing the graphics to a mobile game or something like Watch Dogs 2, like c'mon, do they not know a little thing called "GAME DEVELOPMENT" and that a game doesn't just exist with a snap of the fingers

although that could be the case with some of the absolute trash thats been cluttering the "new trophy lists"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

He listed a list of reasons, WHY it was okay for the hacker to do this. 

"That being said I believe Rockstar's behaviour of the last couple of years caused the intoxination of the playerbase, including:

• the cancelation of RDR Remaster/Remake"

It's really not that hard to understand. 

It's really simple. 

This list, or no list, stealing from a company is wrong. 

I know he is saying not to steal, but he, in the same sentence, lists a reason why people are actually doing it, and why it's almost ok. A way to understand the hacker. 

I think it's YOUR reading skills that need a little refresher :) But thanks for your concern for my skills. 

He didn't say it's ok to steal. You got it that way because you want to believe so to fit your narrative.

he said that: hackers can be useful to test the security of companies (this actually happens, there are hires for that);

next: the rockstar's behavior caused intoxication in her fans, that is, leaving them disappointed in various ways with a series of stupid corporate decisions.

There is, logically speaking, no implication that stealing is ok. Things are not as simple and binary as you want them to be.

17 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

I don't care much for Rockstar these days and I'm not exactly looking forward to this game, but I'm not a fan of leaks, especially ones of this magnitude. Not only is it illegal, but it isn't fair to the hard-working devs who pour everything into making these games. They will be the ones who ultimately face the ramifications of this leak, not the higher-ups. This will also inevitably delay the game even longer.

And of course there's already idiots on the internet judging this as if it's the final build, because they don't understand anything about game development. Another unfortunate consequence of leaks. Things get taken out of context and skewed. It's happened with other high profile games in recent years and it's happening here. My advice is if you're looking forward to this game, then you should simply ignore this whole fiasco and forget that it ever happened. Judge the game for yourself when it launches. 

I think Rockstar got very lucky with the timing of these leaks in a way. Considering how early in development the game still is and how it’s still years away from release, they will most likely be able to clean this mess up quickly, tighten up their internal systems and security, and then have enough time to recover from this as if it never happened. Despite the sheer magnitude of the leaked material (this already looks to be the biggest leak in gaming history), I think damages will probably be minimal and wont even be remotely comparable to, for example, what happened with TLoU2 and the devastating effects that that on the release of that game.

Like you, I am personally not really invested in GTA6 at all. Honestly I’m more interested in this crazy situation than the actual game itself. But from what I’ve seen around the internet and heard firsthand from friends and such, it appears these leaks have actually generated more hype for the game among fans if anything.

If Rockstar manages this situation properly and further damage is minimized, they might actually end up benefiting from this situation when all is said and done.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Ok then. 

Basically, @kevao97 already said everything that has to be said, so cheers to you kevao97 for trying to explain what YOU (this works well for you?) got wrong. So again, I did not say stealing is right. I don't approve it. All I did was recalling what made the playerbase becoming toxic before. You can jump around and tell us fithythousand times WHAT is right and wrong, all I did is WHY things became worse. If you understand this as an approval then I don't know what words one must use to make you understand. So before this shit gets more space than it should: please don't reply. Please do not elaborate. Just think about it and move on.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 3:20 PM, The Alchemist said:

And of course there's already idiots on the internet judging this as if it's the final build, because they don't understand anything about game development. Another unfortunate consequence of leaks. Things get taken out of context and skewed. It's happened with other high profile games in recent years and it's happening here. My advice is if you're looking forward to this game, then you should simply ignore this whole fiasco and forget that it ever happened. Judge the game for yourself when it launches. 

The Last of Us Part II and Saints Row. People would of been disappointed anyway, but the magnitude wouldn’t of been nearly as insufferable  were it not for the leaks. 

I used to preorder games because they came in the mail complete on Day One. At this point it’s better to wait, and if the reviews score fair to mediocre then it’s better to wait for a price drop. That’s what every other reviewer on YouTube said about Saints Row. Were they assholes for judging the entirety of the preview footage last year? I just let them do their thing. 

The video game community is one of the most toxic communities out there. We already have Alt Right conservative freaks getting all up in arms about GTA VI just because there is a woman protagonist. Gaming journalists are part of a media circus. 

I loved the old games. Enjoyed GTA IV. Liked GTA V to an extent despite not liking the pacing of the story and some of the online multiplayer. GTA VI, unless Rockstar has something truly magnificent, I simply won’t bother getting. Not that I can get the best anyway, since I’m stuck on last gen and PS5 consoles are still being sold out on Amazon as well as countless retail stores. 

• 7 months later...

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-6-might-be-coming-out-as-soon-as-next-year

In a press release issued alongside its yearly earnings report, Take-Two shared projections for the coming years, including a massive projection for fiscal years 2025 and 2026. For context, fiscal 2025 will begin in April of 2024:

Looking ahead, Fiscal 2025 is a highly anticipated year for our Company," the release states. "For the last several years, we have been preparing our business to release an incredibly robust pipeline of projects that we believe will take our company to even greater levels of success. In Fiscal 2025, we expect to enter this new era by launching several groundbreaking titles that we believe will set new standards in our industry and enable us to achieve over $8 billion in Net Bookings and over $1 billion in Adjusted Unrestricted Operating Cash Flow. We expect to sustain this momentum by delivering even higher levels of operating results in Fiscal 2026 and beyond.

1 hour ago, Apocasy said:

In Fiscal 2025, we expect to enter this new era by launching several groundbreaking titles that we believe will set new standards in our industry and enable us to achieve over $8 billion in Net Bookings and over $1 billion in Adjusted Unrestricted Operating Cash Flow.

Looks like not only GTA but also some other huge games are coming from them. I think Bioshock is the most obvious answer, although there are chances for a Mafia 4 or another Rockstar Remake (like Bully or RDR).

PD: seeing that prior AJ comment was like I went back in time lol

• 5 months later...

It's real! They just officially announced that the next Grand Theft Auto game trailer will be released this December, 2023.

HGdW79u.png

It was announced on Rockstar games website, Youtube, Twitter (X) and Instagram.

Edit:

This information was also leaked a few hours before by Jason Schreir, a journalist that first reported that Jason and Lucia were the main protagonists in GTA VI 2 years before the huge leaks.

EwPa93p.jpg

More about that in the article below:

Edited by zemiguelreis
  • Like 3

Well we knew it was real...it's the worst kept secret in gaming. But I'm sure the world will collectively cream itself over this trailer. Obviously I'm interested to see whats up...just not a lot of trust this isn't just going to be more online garbage after GTA V. 

Wow, they're so generous...

....announcing, a month in advance, when they will deign to allow people to see marketing materials that exists to advertise a future product...

... what an event!

I, for one, will mark my calendar for this incredible day, when I get to see a commercial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3