Rockstar Games just announced GTA VI - Trailer out now

Abby_TheLastofUs

13 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Announcements of announcements should be abolished. Just show the fucking trailer. 

Word.

People:

"Damned commercials!"

"God, I hate this unskippable commercial on my YouTube Video!" 

"I need a new ad-blocker to stop these commercials on this website!"

"Urgh, there's commercials on this dashboard...."

Rockstar:

"We will be releasing a commercial soon"

People:

excited-gif-2.gif

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Haha 4

Just saw the message on instagram. Wonder why some folks here are so salty, surely rockstar made some bad decisions in the past but why gonna hate on the announcement of the announcement? Just for the sake oh being pissed? Each to their own then. I'm excited. Looking forward to get hyped. Don't happens often for me, but it happened with GTA V and RDR2 and I wanna feel that sweet feeling of anticipation again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Just saw the message on instagram. Wonder why some folks here are so salty, surely rockstar made some bad decisions in the past but why gonna hate on the announcement of the announcement?

I'll be very excited about the game if it turns out to be good. :dunno:

I'm just not wild about the "announcement of a commercial" thing....

....the whole notion intimates that Rockstar seems to be under the impression that us watching an advert for their product is them doing those us a favour, and not the other way around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'll be very excited about the game if it turns out to be good. :dunno:

I'm just not wild about the "announcement of a commercial" thing....

....the whole notion intimates that Rockstar seems to be under the impression that us watching an advert for their product is them doing those us a favour, and not the other way around.

Isn't every trailer a favour then? People wanna get a glimpse on things before buying them. Common sense. This thread may not look like many people are super excited for GTAVI, but most gamers out there do. We know that and Rockstar knows that.

10 years ago, I would've been very excited for this. Like I was excited for GTAV when it dropped 10 years ago. 

Haven't released a new GTA in 10 years but somehow I'm still so sick of GTA and Rockstar and their outdated game design. GTAVI should've been out 5 years ago instead of milking GTAV for all it was worth and then some. Quickly turned into a cash cow franchise while all their other IP's got axed one by one. Besides Red Dead which is basically just GTA in the Wild West with horses. Rockstar used to be so diverse and now all they do is focus entirely on GTA and occasionally RDR. 

LA Noire, Midnight Club, Bully, Manhunt, Max Payne... I'd literally prefer any of these over another GTA or RDR at this point. 

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

I hope this isn't for last generation consoles because it will hold back what's possible. Hopefully they'll be current generation only. 

As long as Series S is around and MS demands parity, current Gen is held back as well. 

That one game was released on S without split screen MP or whatever, so perhaps there is hope.

1 hour ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Just saw the message on instagram. Wonder why some folks here are so salty, surely rockstar made some bad decisions in the past but why gonna hate on the announcement of the announcement? Just for the sake oh being pissed? Each to their own then. I'm excited. Looking forward to get hyped. Don't happens often for me, but it happened with GTA V and RDR2 and I wanna feel that sweet feeling of anticipation again.

I think people are rightly sceptical because Rockstar's reputation is not as pristine as it once was. It's a, "I'll believe it when I see it" sort of thing which I think is the sensible approach. Keep expectations in check. Remember, this is being published by the same folks who had no problem tarnishing the memories of the OG trilogy with that disgraceful remaster. Nothing is sacred. (All that being said, I am extremely hyped likeohmygod)

13 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

As long as Series S is around and MS demands parity, current Gen is held back as well. 

That one game was released on S without split screen MP or whatever, so perhaps there is hope.

I'm still not convinced the Series S is "holding games back". Microsoft has already shown that they're willing to abandon their commitment to console parity with Baldur's Gate 3 in order to not get left behind in the dust. They'll most certainly do it for GTA should the problem arise again.