Trophy Hunting is not fun anymore!

TheMentor27

3 hours ago, TheMentor27 said:

I still remember trying to get all the Vita stacks in one session so it would synchronize correctly

This bullshit is the reason I'm not on the leaderboards. I was removed as a "cheater" despite common sense telling everyone and their mother that it was the whole "Vita trick gone wrong" thing. Some little snitch on here with nothing better to do and no fucking life whatsoever apparently gets his dick hard going through people's trophy lists trying to find something he can report. 

• Like 1

time to delete your name and join a country that cant afford consoles then youll be number one easily. just kidding. if a game is to easy people complain and if its to hard people complain. heavy rain right now is pissing the hell out of me, but i just did 3 shovelware games this morning and yesterday and had alot more fun playing minesweep and cuties then i am doing all these tedious tasks on this broke ass heavy rain game where the inputs arent working and trophies are glitching that arent marked as glitched. 

i think there are different types of gamers. there isnt one type. and if you play long enough youll have to play differently or create different goals to keep it interesting. you said you wanted 999 and thats a new goal so thats good. when i first had ps3 and trophies came out i only played battlefield bad company. i put 1400 hours or more into it i forget i played it about 2 yrs straight i loved the game so much. but we would massacre players so we had to find ways to keep the game interesting. knife fights, filming videos in the helicopters and making mini movies, shooting tracers to make designs etc. you eventually just have to find new ways to make it fun

i avoided shovelware for a pretty long time and also didnt care about completion percentage. then i got sick of paying $60 for games and started buying flash sales and dove into the shovelware and i actually like  half of the games. at some point i cared about completion percentage and so i started digging out my ps3 discs and playing those and redownloading old ps plus games. and then i started going for dlc i missed. i stopped doing boost sessions and multiplayer games which usually have more rare trophies and more respect because i simply hate discord and i hate trying to communicate with others and sit still during boost sessions. 

i heard krayzie bone say there isnt one type of rap, that now a days there is all kind of rappers. just like how rock music has their different catergories of industrial and heavy metal and alternative, so does rap and so does gaming.

honestly none of what i said is important and i dont know why i wrote any of it. if you have alot of money and dont care about completion percentage then buy and play as many games as possible. if its something you just dont care about anymore then quit. 

also another thing to think about is none of this is really that important. people who dont like shovelware and want to play bigger harder games all they(and i) are doing is following someone elses guide for the most part or reading guides on how to get things done so i dont see why those games are so much more respectable lol. big whoop someone followed a step by step guide to get a 7% plat instead of a90% plat.

53 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I just checked that site out, apparently I'm 36th. :D

Its actually kinda nice to see a few familiar names up there that I've gamed with over the years that never went down the shovelware rabbit hole! 

Hopefully someday PSNP will embrace a second leaderboard that removes shovelware (really they should remove any trophies over 99% in general). As BlindMango said above, the leaderboards have failed to adapt to current times, and if they don't change something soon people may stop coming here and moving onto other sites with better leaderboards.

the current times are shovelware, your failing to adapt to them. not the other way around. you want to change the whole ranking system because of something you dont like without considering there is people who do like it. even if you get rid of shovelware the person with the most money will get the most trophies without even completing games. theres some people high on the boards who are at like 30% completion with over 1000 games and alot not being shovelware they just play alot. and really what makes other games so special when you have to follow someone elses step by step directions to get the plat. because it took longer?

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, TheMentor27 said:

Thanks to anyone that stayed until now, i really appreciate it. I would like to read your opinions and your trophy experience. Take care!

Step four: acceptance.😉 The Dead Space 2 reference aside, I appreciate you coming clean. Not everyone have the guts to do that, even fewer realize it for themselves.

The irony is people that ridicule others but doesn't understand they're just as deep into it. Just because you're having fun certainly doesn't exclude you're not addicted - that's probably one of the biggest pitfalls of them all. Besides, you don't know how bad it is until you decide to quit something, and I doubt many have even tried it.

From the sound of it, you're at least knowledge about your situation and hopefully you'll spend your time a little better henceforth.🙂

4 hours ago, Hellish-Abyss said:

It's good to know there are people who stick with their hobby unbothered by their positions or what others think of them. They are the true heroes of this website.

You're welcome!🤗

4 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I just checked that site out, apparently I'm 36th. :D It's actually kinda nice to see a few familiar names up there that I've gamed with over the years that never went down the rabbit hole.

I'm 302 which is awesome.😄 Seriously though, they definitely need to add more people.🙂

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellish-Abyss said:

Yeah dude, unfortunately you didn't realized Quality > Quantity in time.

The current state of leaderboards is a joke.

No one cares about looking piles and piles of Jumping "insert name of food here", that's not impressive at all.

If there's something impressive about the people on top is how they have so much time and money to spend on garbage. It's a sad thing because you cannot convince anyone that you loved to press X on that image 2000 times. We know they aren't playing what they like, they are just stepping on manure everyday to stay on top, and while many of them have also played decent games, these games were buried under the piles of trash.

Nowadays seeing players who never got their hands dirty with shovelware and are using their time to finish games they bought because they probably like them gives me a certain kind of joy. It's good to know there are people who stick with their hobby unbothered by their positions or what others think of them. They are the true heroes of this website.

We do exist btw, were not a myth. The legendary gamers that don't play for stats, self made glory or leaderboards. Only the love of the games experience or challenge drives us. We are few but are passions are many....

I'm merely joking kinda btw, but just play for your own intrests and not to feel some type of self created from of importance(witch was probably created from some other person's own subjective pov anyways) and you''ll never have to think too hard about loading up video games and earning in game notifications ever again.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 4

Playing primarily for trophies will always cause burnout because it isn't FUN.

Play games you want to play and get the trophies on the way. At the end of the day, trophies don't mean anything at all and should be an extension of your game-enjoying experience.

I play mostly long RPGs which take a long time to plat because these are my favourite genre of games. I may only have 250 plats compared to others with 1000+ and I'm fine with that.

• Like 4

I do not care about what other people play or the leaderboards. What needs to happen however is AAA devs should go back to the PS3 era where trophy lists used to be much more creative and fun while being somewhat challenging to complete (apart from massive online grinds of course, f that).

Also I feel like previous levelling system was much better, it meant a big deal back then when you levelled as it took longer to do now it does not hit the same.

• Like 1

OPs comment is so funny to me. Obviously you'll get burnt out from only playing shovelware for platinums. I would've at least seen where they were coming from if they said trophy hunting isn't fun anymore because most mainstream games that release nowadays have very basic and forgettable trophy lists, but no 🤣

Just go platinum games you like. Play Spiderman 2, heard that one's good. Or maybe some nicher indies, you might find some hidden gems 🙃

Edited by PunisherXD2006