Trophy Hunting is not fun anymore!

TheMentor27

11 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Yeah.

OP played a bunch of shitty games for the sole purpose of getting a plat and then wonders why they hate trophy hunting. 

Sorry man, you created your own problem. 

I am playing the games that i like. I just have the bad habit of wanting to place them in milestone positions. Sometimes there are so many easy games that you think "why not". I'm talking about hardcore trophy hunting. That means staying high in the leaderboards. When i get 10 platinums a year it's not trophy hunting, it's just completed the games i like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nauticus87 said:

Funny thing about the leaderboards is how arbitrary they are. Take for example here vs PSN100. Here you're ~400 places higher than me, neither of us really making much dent in the leaderboards, might as well be invisible. At PSN100 you're 1,413th in the main leaderboard and ~10,000th in the rarity leaderboard whereas I'm 666th in the main and 12th in the rarity.

Does that mean I'm better? Nope. Does that make you better here? Nope. Because it's all based on the whim of an algorithm that different people view differently from website to website.

Trophies are what you make of them. Trying to compete in a manufactured environment is a dangerous practice and, as you've seen, can lead to addiction. Best to try to find your own value in what you do.

Kinda off topic, but how the heck does psn100 leaderboard work? It shows me having 522 games at 100% when in reality im at 548 unique entries.

EDIT: nevermind, looks like it delists "obsolete" lists.

Edited by Vern3r0z

'Competing' on a leaderboard  for how many times you can press X per minute, better yet, paying for the privilege to do so, yeah... stupid is as stupid does...

Gotta give it to the devs though, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, why wouldn't they... and damn, there sure are a lot of fish around from what I can see

Anyhow, in your case glad you realized it though, and hope you don't get caught up in it again, now you know better

• Haha 1