Giveaway (Vote on series I should finish up)

grimydawg___

What series should I finish up?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What series should I finish up?

2. 2. What RPG series should finish up first?

Get God of War done.  I have a video to make the last of Valkyries easy as possible, it's on a thread on the God of War game's forum page.

Currently working on the Platinum myself - have been enjoying it.

Thanks so much for doing this!

My vote had to go to the Resident Evil series. It's taken me years to get the Plat on most of them but I have so much challenging fun every time I do. I still need to check out the older titles but they're a different learning curve for me. Will you be doing the entirety of whichever series you select then? That should be a fun task. Good luck in whatever you settle on.

11 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

Hello, folks:

It's been a long time since I've done a giveaway.  Due to personal stuff, I'd been unable to.  Fortunately, things are finally turning around for me.  I've waited ten years to get my dream job.  I start in two weeks.  I've been blessed to have family for support and also some folks kind enough to help me out, like being able to preorder the PS5 when I was unable to.  So, I'm going to return the favor periodically.  All you have to do is go on the poll and vote.  You potentially have the chance to win two $20 PSN cards.  

I recently played the Suikoden series (again) and am looking forward to the remasters of the first two.  So, I'm in RPG mode as well.  Eiyuden is supposed to be a spiritual successor.  So, I'll get it soon.

I voted dmc5.

• Like 1

Gave my votes to God of War and Persona, though to be honest I haven't played any of those RPGs so that was on a whim. I've done all the GoW games myself, other than the Vita and PS5 versions. One of, if not my favorite, game series.

By "complete" do you mean get the platinum or just finish the stories?  Because getting platinum in either all Star Ocean or Disgaea games would take 1000 hours plus.  Also as much as I enjoy Disgaea, doing all these games back to back would be rough since they're all extremely similar experiences (the stories are different but I found myself skipping most cutscenes), and they're completely centred around grinding and RNG.

Anyway I voted DMC and Persona as more reasonable options.

5 hours ago, WakeUpHP said:

By "complete" do you mean get the platinum or just finish the stories?  Because getting platinum in either all Star Ocean or Disgaea games would take 1000 hours plus.  Also as much as I enjoy Disgaea, doing all these games back to back would be rough since they're all extremely similar experiences (the stories are different but I found myself skipping most cutscenes), and they're completely centred around grinding and RNG.

Anyway I voted DMC and Persona as more reasonable options.

I have 10 NBA 2K platinum trophies.  Those aren't the only platinum trophies that have taken me hundreds of hours to finish.  I'll be fine lol

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

Hello! I voted Resident evil & Persona.

All of the other games are great so it was a hard choice, good thing is you're going to have fun for sure.

I'm glad you finally are seeing things going your way, I'm trying to get things my way as well lol.

Best wishes and congrats!

Edited by NajiLionheart

Hey, Grimydawg, nice to see you're back on your feet again, it's heart-warming to see members of the community doing well, this also brings me hope this year I also be successful in some long waited projects.

Now, let me give my opinion on what you should go for next.

Series you should finish next: I voted God of War because it's short, fun and while very rewarding if you decide to play in higher difficulties. But then again so is Devil May Cry, one that I need to go back soon-ish, never managed to beat all games in DmD/H&H modes while also going for S ranks in all missions. Resident Evil is another good contender...but so many mainline games and spinoffs kinda kills the mood to do it in one go. Assassin's Creed it's even worse in that respect so it would be a hard pass for me. Metal Gear Solid could be another good one since MGS Delta is releasing soon.

RPG series you should go for next: Being honest, I don't know much about the series you listed so I will go with what I played which is Star Ocean. Maybe persona is way better since you don't need to invest that much time to get a platinum compared to something like Star Ocean 3, but I really liked what I played of the 3 first Star Ocean so I'm going to recommend that.