Ps Plus  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Rate April 2024's PS+ Extra/Premium lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in for Extra?

• Animal Well
    • Tales of Kenzera: Zau
    • Dave the Diver
    • Oddballers
    • Construction Simulator
    • The Crew 2
    • Raji: An Ancient Epic
    • Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame
    • Nour: Play With Your Food
    • Deliver Us Mars
    • Lego Marvel’s Avengers
    • Miasma Chronicles
    • Stray Blade
    • N/A
  3. 3. Which game are you most interested in for Premium?

• Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
    • Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
    • MediEvil
    • N/A

18 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Does anybody whose done it have an idea how long oddballers, nour and stray blade take to platinum?

I usually check HowLongToBeat if I can't find anything here on PSNP or PST, etc.

Oddballers isn't out yet and Nour is listed at 8-10 hours there and Stray Blade 30ish hours but that one is a rough approximation given limited data.

• Like 1

I think this is a great month. Dave the Diver is obviously the star here but there's Lego games for the kids which I'll finish the platinum journey when they've had their fill, Deliver Us Mars which is the sequel to the underrated Deliver Us the Moon, and 2 other day one releases. There is a lot to play here from different genres. That is not even mentioning Nour: Play With Your Food which looks interesting and another MediEvil platinum. Hopefully we get MediEvil 2 soon.

Edited by HawaiiGator

4 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

ps5 is not as powerful as a ps4 it is like a upgraded pc from the last gen not a major jump like it was on ps2 to ps3. the jumps is not as grand as people go on about plus it feels gameplay has suffered for the sake of some cutscene heavy games that is basically more a movie you walk forward cutscene and then another cutscene shows up.  

The thing I love the most about PS5 is that games load really quick -- makes playing video games more enjoyable.

Extra:

-Animal Well - Trailer doesn't really give me a good idea of what in the hell this is, but it looks kinda cool. Shelved for now.

-Tales of Kenzera: Zau - It's pretty, but looks fairly generic. High probability I'll enjoy this, so...middle of the mild interest list for the moment.

-Dave the Diver - Honestly doesn't look that entertaining to me, but people keep telling me I'm wrong and that it's totally something I need to give a chance. Let's say middle of the mild interest list as well, with a promise to try it before the years out.

-Oddballers - This does not look fun at all. Bottom of the low interest list, willing to be talked around on it.

-Construction Simulator - I think I'd prefer to play this on PC, pass.

-The Crew 2 - Racing games generally aren't my thing, pass.

-Raji: An Ancient Epic - I only had two thoughts during the trailer: "Sure, why not" and "This OST slaps, though". Middle of the mild interest list.

-LEGO Ninjago Movie: The Videogame - Already have a completed physical copy. Do recommend, it's pretty good. It has the same failing as the other two LEGO Movie games, it tries too hard to copy the visual movements of the characters and comes off a bit like eye-bleed at times.

-Nour: Play With Your Food - The trailer was some early PS3 "what in the actual fuck did I just see" goodness. And then a "full game walkthrough" video auto-played, but it was only 20 minutes. I've rewritten this sentence here six times now, screw it, day one download.

-Deliver Us Mars - I told you fuckers this was going to be on PSN+ in a year. Low end of the high interest list. I did the first game, guess I should follow through.

-LEGO Marvel's Avengers - Already have a completed physical copy. Do recommend. This was just before we started seeing LEGO titles that were nothing but a smorgasbord of fiddly bullshit. You can see the start of that trend here.

-Miasma Chronicles - I'm really picky when it comes to tactical. I'll need to see more about the game first, shelved for now.

-Stray Blade - Soulslike, pass. ........soft pass, it does look kinda neat.

Premium:

-Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - I've read good things about this. Let's do it.

-Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire - I remember this, wow. It's...something, man. Not a terrible game, nor a very long one. I'll take a trophy list, thanks.

-MediEvil - Now I can play MediEvil, before I play MediEvil, to play MediEvil again, to unlock MediEvil.

Interesting month.

Edited by Jelly Soup
Mistook one title for a different one.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, zizimonster said:

The thing I love the most about PS5 is that games load really quick -- makes playing video games more enjoyable.

ah, you do know that an ssd hard drive put into a ps4 can do nearly the same as a ps5 load times. also it is because a ps5 has a ssd already in there with barely much store space for many games much like ps4's first console had.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2024 at 9:20 AM, Sailar91 said:

spacer.png

Extra:

Animal Well | PS5 (D1 on May 9)

Tales of Kenzera: Zau | PS5 | :platinum: (D1 on April 23)

Dave the Diver | PS4/PS5 (D1 Relase)

Oddballers | PS4 | :platinum:

Construction Simulator | PS4/PS5 | :platinum: 

The Crew 2 | PS4| :platinum: | Trophy Guide

Raji: An Ancient Epic | PS4/PS5 | 2705.png | Trophy Guide

Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame | PS4 | :platinum: | Trophy Guide

Nour: Play With Your Food | PS4/PS5| :platinum:  

Deliver Us Mars | PS4/PS5 | :platinum: | Trophy Guide

Lego Marvel’s Avengers | PS4 | :platinum:2757.png | Trophy Guide

Miasma Chronicles | PS5 | :platinum: | Trophy Guide

Stray Blade | PS5 | :platinum:2757.png

Premium:

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare | PS1

Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire | PS1

MediEvil | PS1

What's that exclamation (2757.png) in front of Lego's and Stray Blade platinum icon?

Hard to call it a bad month with Dave the Diver. I'm probably somewhere between "Good" and "Bad" but voted "Good."

I will definitely play Dave the Diver and Medievil at some point, but most of the other games on the list I have zero interest in... which may actually be a good thing so I can go back and play some other games I haven't gotten to yet.

• Like 1

Another month where I'm okay holding out until there's a deal again on PS Plus and don't feel like I'm missing out on much. There are a few games I hear I'd probably play but nothing that stands out for me to prioritize over other games in my backlog.

12 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

I am actually only excited for Deliver Is Mars. I liked Deliver Us The Moon so much and hopefully this one is as good 😊 

Totally agree on this. Saw the game in the list and am excited to play it.

I see a lot of people calling this a bad month. I figure if there's one game I'll play, then it covers the cost. This month has at least a few. It's not exceptional, but is IMO a very good month.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I see a lot of people calling this a bad month. I figure if there's one game I'll play, then it covers the cost. This month has at least a few. It's not exceptional, but is IMO a very good month.

This is a great point, I personally used the word abysmal but that's because nothing interests me at all and too much indie rubbish. Fact remains though that you can't have it all your own way, some months will be perfect for me and others will suck. It is just how it is.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

This is a great point, I personally used the word abysmal but that's because nothing interests me at all and too much indie rubbish. Fact remains though that you can't have it all your own way, some months will be perfect for me and others will suck. It is just how it is.

Oh, for sure. I can totally understand why a lot of people won't like this - Crew 2 is really the only non-indie game, although the LEGO games tend to be pretty good. Otherwise yeah, a lot of indies. For me I tend to enjoy those more, so lots I can dig into. I do think that for folks that really enjoy the bigger budget AAA games, basic Plus is going to be a better deal most months.

1 hour ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

This is just god awful 😞 I'm ending my extra subscription when it runs out.

My Premium is up on the 28th of this month and I won't be renewing it. I wouldn't even get Essential if it wasn't necessary for online play and cloud storage for PS5 saves.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

This is just god awful 😞 I'm ending my extra subscription when it runs out.

Me 2 bro its defo getting worse every month

18 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

My Premium is up on the 28th of this month and I won't be renewing it. I wouldn't even get Essential if it wasn't necessary for online play and cloud storage for PS5 saves.

16th for me, the increased price is not justified of late very poor line ups

• Like 3
  • Confused 1