Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum: #60 

1L91b96f.png

Family Feud

Not much to say. If you've seen one Family Feud game, you've seen them all. That being said, you cannot skip cutscenes and dialogue in this game. If you could, it would go much faster. I'm currently the fastest achiever in this game, which is pretty cool.

• Like 4

Le4464f.png

Demons Souls (PS5)

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 7/10

I usually enjoy a souls game to some extent, and this faithfully remade one is no exemption. Important to note that I don't think I even made it to the first boss in the original. Also not important to note is that I went straight from Sekiro to this, so the slowness in comparison screwed me up at for a minute.

Pros:

-Absolutely gorgeous

-Wonderful music

-Trophies are much easier than in the original, at least that I've read

-A couple of the bosses are genuine spectacles with the remade graphics

-It's great to see bosses with original concepts behind them such Old Hero and Tower Knight, even they are just another thing-with-sword enemy, which brings me to...

Cons:

-A vast majority of enemies in the game are thing-with-sword with few exceptions such as the wolves, the soulsucker things, and The Storm King (which was probably my favorite boss). I know this was the first game in the series, and this was a faithful remake, but it was just a bit tedious to fight the same type of enemy with a different skin/pattern repeatedly.

-Most of the bosses were a bit blah as well. Outside of The Storm King, I don't truly remember enjoying any of them. They were fun to overcome the first time simply for the challenge, but on my second playthrough I wasn't looking forward to any of the bosses besides one. The very first boss is genuinely a pile of garbage with shields (I don't know what they actually are because I don't know the lore), and most after that are person-with-sword.

-Areas such as Boletarian Palace and Shrine of Storms were awesome, but the other things were either boring or bland for me. The sandy mine area was mainly tunnels and ramps, the Tower was mainly a tedious, labyrinthian prison with a semi-interesting tower area proceeding, and the poison swamp/Chasm world is genuine trash. I know this was the first game to have a swampy poison area, but that doesn't make it passable. I'll never understand their need to put these in every game since no one genuinely enjoys them.

-The All Rings/Miracles/Spells trophies are unnecessary. Apparently a step up from the all weapons (or whatever it exactly was) in the original, but it's still tedious. Having to do 3 playthroughs to do it legit, or 2 with save-scumming, is a bit much mainly due to how brutal NG+ is. Call me a baby, and I'm all for a fair challenge, but NG+ shouldn't be 55x as hard as the original playthrough. I'm glad they made NG+ in subsequent games easier. I still beat it on NG+, but bleh.

My cons are always longer than my pros because I feel the need to explain my complaints rather than just bullet-pointing them, but just because there's more words doesn't mean they outweigh the positives.

TL;DR: It's beautiful, brutal, and bullshit. Everything you want in a souls game, even if a lot of the bosses are boring.