Most Recent Platinum

Muff

12 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Platinum #125 - Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

Ld637b4.png

1Ldfd936.png

Platinum, 36.20% Rarity

Difficulty - 2/10, Time Spent - ~45 Hours , Enjoyment 9.5/10

Final Fantasy VIII will probably always be tied for my first favorite Final Fantasy game because it is practically perfect.

The story is just wonderful... it takes you on the emotional growth journey of mainly Squall, though other characters also show personal growth. Most of the story decisions make sense, unlike other Final Fantasy games. And there are definite tear-jerker moments during the course of your adventure. I think I enjoy this game mostly because I can relate to the other characters and/or because they remind me of my friends (and they aren't all 1-dimensional tropes either).

And then there's the game's mechanics. The first couple times I played the game, I focused on having a high-leveled party to smash things up. Granted, the first time I played this game, I was like 10 years old and didn't quite understand the magic-junction system so I had to rely on base stats and GFs mainly. Then as I started to understand the junction system, I didn't worry so much about power-leveling during the game. This time around, I specifically tried for a low-level approach and.... the game is practically broken when you do this. If you have a mastery of the junction system and take the time to draw spells from enemies, you are super over-powered; even at low levels (my team was averaging about Level 35 by the final battle) you can max out your stats with appropriate magic and GF ability junctions. Combine that with enemies only getting stronger as you level up, you're using high-level-equivalent stats against low-level enemies.

The only reason why I knocked half a point from enjoyment was because I expected Omega Weapon to pose a challenge. However, because his level also scales with you levels like all other enemies, this fight was so broken. He only got in 2 attacks before taking a dirt nap. This is very much unlike the original game where he's at Level 100 regardless of your party's level and actually takes a lot of planning to be able to beat.

Would also like to add that though I appreciated the updated character models, they looked kind of out-of-place with the non-updated backgrounds.

Regardless, love this game and highly recommend to anyone.

As a fellow FFVIII lover, I knew you were my favorite :highfive:

• Like 1

#14 - We Were Here

1La67ded.png

Since it is/was 4 free and is a coop only game we gave it a try. It was better than expected (for a free game). We did 1 blind playthrough where we had some minor issues at some points but after that it was pretty easy to go for the plat (its already 60% plat rate). It was a little short with only like 2hrs play time if you do a blind playthrough and only has like 7 puzzles but again, its free and it is good for being free. I recommend it for everyone with coop partner or who would do it with a random. :) 

Edited by slaaack1
  • Like 3

1Lfd5bf7.png

Flow (PS3)

This games control scheme can jump in a pit of lava. It is so frustrating and even the gold trophy image is being difficult (it's there but it's transparent because yes?). It is finally out of my backlog and I never have to play it again.

Edited by CoryDriscoll
  • Like 2