Most Recent Platinum

Muff

On 18/3/2021 at 9:12 PM, Dav9834 said:

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it :(

I loved it, though if I played it now probably not much. It came out during a time when FF was at a low, and it was so refreshing to play a FF game that wasn't tied to FFXIII at the time

I think if you played it back then you may have liked it, maybe. 

But either way congrats on the plat! 

I think i remember yes, but seriously, my main issue is how crippling the game is: I'm certain on psp it was limitations that made the game this way, but there's such a lot of stuff that really could've used more polish. I mean even the menus and everything screams "rushed psp port"

I'm heavily biased against final fantasy, and I can't lie on that, however I went in this game really hoping it would be good, my mind was very open and after the beginning, I had myself hooked for the possible plot twist, anything really...but nothing happened, nothing was explained, and it dared to ask me to replay the game again for understanding the plat? Sorry, Nier Gestalt (or automata) this is not!

I just hoped they'd improve upon the psp version but it seems the only "HD" thing in this port was the graphics (and the english dubbing I guess?) and nothing else. A shame, that's all I can think.

Edited by Darghel

L94d873.png

Animated GIF #200 Animated GIF

Persona 5 Strikers

Enjoyment: 9/10

Difficulty: 4/10

A wonderful sequel to my favorite game of all time, with a few grievances letting it slip from being perfect.

Pros:

-Excellently told story with even more memorable characters and moments

-Top-quality dialogue and voice acting

-The new gameplay is a terrific mix of turn-based and real-time combat

-Music is as perfect and stellar as it's always been, now with new songs and a few revamped ones.

-The major villain and all of the smaller villains are brilliant

-Although not all of the personas from the original made it through, there's still so many to get and so many of those are genuinely useful.

Cons: 

-Although I don't know how they couldn't added them in, the lack of the silly mini-games and activities you could do in the original is missed here.

-The confidant system is, like the mini-games/activities, missing as well and it's kind of weird having a modern Persona game without this. Though they did misplace it with the Bonding stuff, but it still didn't feel fully right.

-The Eternal Bonds trophy is rough. I can the concept of the story since in a sense it makes you truly 100% the game (without counting difficulties), but the way you get through is a very tedious. It's a painstaking grind to level 99 bond and the best way to do it is through beating the game request/enemy repetitively. I genuinely don't know if the developers wanted you to grind this way or if they wanted you to keep playing the game over and over until you got it. It feels 100% identical to the All Skills trophy in Sekiro, in which you're just grinding for hours mindlessly. Even in the original Persona 5, which took me over 200 hours compared to Strikers which took me roughly 70, the trophies were all manageable. Even the getting-all-personas and all-confidants-maxed-in-one-run trophies were doable because you still had to actively play through the game and try. Eternal Bonds just seems so out of place because it takes so long and seems shoehorned in to make the platinum last longer.

-I am absolutely furious they didn't put it my favorite Persona Girimehkala in the game and I feel pillaged because of it. I'll never fully recover, physically or emotionally.

TL;DR: A near-perfect sequel that is bogged down by one trophy and its abandonment of a couple of franchise staples. If you can get over that, you'll have a brilliant time.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

Lc14ca4.png

Maquette

Enjoyment: 6/10

Difficulty: Completely depends on your puzzle solving skills

An interesting enough puzzler with beautiful music

Pros:

-Looks beautiful

-Gorgeous music 

-The size-changing aspect to puzzle solving is pretty interesting

-I didn't really pay attention to the story, but the parts I did see seemed nice.

Cons:

-I never like speed-run trophy since they bring out my anxiety, even if these ones aren't terrible (especially with speed-run strategies).

-Although some might like the blindness the game provides by not really telling you anything or directly how to do something or where to go, I could've done with a little bit more guidance simply to know what the fuck I was suppose to be doing.