Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #245

PlayStation Vita Pets 

1L0fffd9.png
Best Friends Forever 
Collect all of the trophies

PlayStation Pups. How hard is that, Sony? What a stupid title, that always bugged me. There’s only dogs. Maybe they wanted to leave it up to expand without stupid “+ Cats” like Nintendogs did, but they also called it PS Vita Pets specifically. Pigeonholing it to a specific system for no reason… this is very serious business to me. 

anyway, I liked the game. The “obstacle course” aside, which is utter garbage and barely works due to the horrendous camera. I waffle on whether I like the dog talking or not. I will say when the dog talks about the store having new or cool chew toys and it says something like, “wanna prove I’m telling the truth?” That line for some reason is just adorable to me every time. But him complaining about needing to drink water was annoying. 

the only other criticisms I have of the game really, well apart from a few placements of things (fast travel should’ve been accessible from your yard, and all the mini games too imo). But that’s minor, the thing that bugged me was the movement speed and the kind of on rails movement. You can move with the touch screen or analog stick, but you can’t move the camera with the right stick for some reason. And oh can only move like you’re on a track. So sometimes going somewhere is hard to maneuver. 

otherwise, I found the game really cute to go back to. I still like it, I don’t remember why I dropped it back then. But with wanting to complete old stuff and raise my completion this easy plat was a good choice. And it’s helping my backlog too.

luckily I only missed one coin, and two pee spots. Both of which were easy to find. There was one coin and I looked at a map from pst, and I saw one down a path I remember going down but finding nothing and being annoyed. So I was confident that’s the one and it was! The other was where the last key was for the final puzzle so it was easy too. And the pee spots show up ingame when you find them and I knew to do them as I got them, and had gone and redone the ones I had found 8 years ago lol. 

ooooooh, but before I forget, the way the customization works is absolutely asinine. You have to be clean to change clothes. AND you often can’t crawl in certain clothing items. It’s so stupid! It made me mad. It’s such a waste of the entire mechanic imo. And giving the dog a shower takes so long and isn’t fun whatsoever. It’s just ‘do thing for set amount of time, then do other thing for set amount of time’. There’s no actual need to clean off dirt, or soap the whole body, or wash it all off or sudds if all. IIRC the original EyePet did it better as an actual mini game.

Cute game. Kind of funny there’s a backdrop of war and death in the story. Rated 3 in… idk, what’s the green square rating system for EU? I have an imported copy of the game. I just find that funny in a game mainly aimed at younger kids. 

• Like 4

#417 Stray on PS5

This game was actually quite enjoyable and had a pretty good story to it. It's not something I would've paid $60-$70 for like most games are now. The puzzles in it were pretty straight forward and it wasn't much of a challenge even with the two hour speed run. The collectibles weren't a huge grind either. Overall it was an easy platinum but still would've enjoyed it even if the game didn't have trophies.

• Like 4