Most Recent Platinum

Muff

#29 Infamous: Second Son

Difficulty: 2

Enjoyment: 7.5

Despite an underwhelming story and uninspired implementation of the Karma system this was a pretty fun game. The world, unfortunately small though it may be, was a joy to interact with and the powers were fun to use. With a bit more focus on character development, original mission structures and storytelling this could have been a fantastic game. However, it was simply a good one.

• Like 2

:platinum: #8 - The Witness

1L3eb5ea.png

Platinum

I read and heard a lot of good things about The Witness, but €40,- (at release) looked a little much. So when I saw this game in the PSN store for €15,- I bought it immediately. 

The game was enjoyable, but also frustrating. There are puzzles in the game where the solution relies on colors and for people that are color-blind, like me, this is hardly impossible to complete. Therefore, I had to use some YouTube video’s, what took away some of the experience. Gladly for me, the puzzles for the Challenge Trophy weren’t heavily relying on it.

Kind of spoiler: Besides that, I find the end scene a little strange. Don't really know what I was expecting, but certainly something different than this, something more satisfying.

The Witness has some difficult puzzles in it, but they are doable. Same goes for the Challenge Trophy, it took me some tries (I believe 23) but I never had the idea that it was impossible to complete. I am glad that I waited till it got a discount because I still believe it is a €15,- / €20,- game.

Enjoyment: 6/10

Difficulty: 3/10

(It's hard to rate the difficulty of this game, because you can take all the time you need for most of the puzzles).

• Like 4