Most Recent Platinum

Muff

3 hours ago, Mcbeanstr said:

:platinum: #91

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

1Lf4cd41.png

Easy game which I think would've taken much longer than what I took without a guide. Point and Click adventure games are ftw especially old school Lucas Arts games that are tough to beat compared to the stuff you get these days. I still reckon Tales of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango is better than this. Overall rating 7/10 Plat difficulty 2/10 (purely because of some missables)

It's certainly nice that they give you the option to switch to old school graphics at anytime. There's also Monkey Island 1 & 2 but are often skipped because they're on the PS3 rather than the PS4. 

They were tough because back then there were no guides on the internet for these games. I reckon back in 1993 Day of the Tentacle took people a lot longer to beat than today, where we can just beat all of it in just two hours. 

A couple years ago I was playing Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade by LucasArts. They actually had text in game that offered a phone number for hints and help. I thought that was very interesting because help lines today are completely useless. They were different times though, and that was all people had so generally point and click games took much longer to complete.

platinum #151 Rogue Legacy

completed in 2 years and 6 months

platinum rarity 2.99% ultra rare

got bored attempting to plat one piece pirate warriors so i decided to work on rogue legacy and started it after trying to figure out the cross-save feature that would be a boon to plating this game. several days later he managed to do it in many runs (some of them was failed runs). plan to start on lego indiana jones 2 the adventure continues tomorrow and work on one piece pirate warriors as soon as i get another ps3 (seems to be the breakthrough in completing some games) actually a good chunk of them in my backlog.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, azlanslayer said:

Massive update v2 ^_^

1L66eed4.png

:platinum:  #85:Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

All-Star Legend - You've Only Done Everything

A free game from years ago which I didn't start on, since I thought it'll be a chore of a plat considering the requirements for the online trophies. I'm considered lucky that I managed to get all the online trophies, despite fighting level 999 players. Not sure how but, as for the not dying trophy, the server I joined only needed one kill to win, and my partner was doing all the work which made me get the trophy xD The arcade mode though, was such a chore. I planned to be in the to 50 fastest achiever but I can't be assed to be in top 50 fastest achiever since I'll have to do same thing 20+ times :| 

1L009103.png

:platinum:  #86: Goat Simulator

All The Goat!

GOAT SIMULATOR :awesome: This game was free for January PS+, figured why not try it out and see how to plays out, especially since it's an easy platinum and that I haven't played a simulator game before as well (console or PC) Played it in the living room, and the whole time while I was playing it my mom was giving me the :| face, she was like, I'd rather you play something that involves killing than playing as a goat xD Flappy Goat was a tough, but not difficult. I was expecting it to be easy like Flappy Bird, since I've scored 55 in it. God I was wrong, the hitbox was so terrible, but having experience from playing Flappy Bird I was just looking for a pattern to score 10. Regardless, fun game to have dank times in.

1L52e1f2.png

:platinum:  #87: Dust: An Elysian Tail

Mithrarin

This game is an amazing game, especially when it's made by a solo developer, excluding the music staff and voice actors. For a game that's made by a single person, it's just amazing. The visuals, animation and combat were all stunning, and the storyline is well done. I enjoyed every minute of playing this game, and I hope a sequel will come in the future to provide more depth to the characters. Can't wait to see what the developer will decide to do next.

1L9bedf6.png

:platinum:  #88: Metro Redux 2033

Platinum Trophy

Alright, Metro Redux 2033 has to be one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played. I played it on PC before, and got scared at certain parts of the game. The jumpscares definitely helped to further make the game more frightening, not to mention that the audio team has done an incredible job on their end. I love the apocalyptic environment the game offers, it's well done, and it definitely feels like you're in an apocalyptic environment. Bought this at $10 on sale for both Metro Redux games, which is a steal for this gem. Anyone that hasn't try this game should definitely try it out!

1Lfca91a.png

:platinum:  #89: Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

Advent of the Akiba God

Just a note, this game was given by a friend, and I was curious how this game would play (I didn't expect any stripping by the way, only realised it when I was at the main menu) The game isn't that bad, but it does feel weird playing it since the game revolves around stripping people. I hid the vita while playing the game on the train/bus as well, it just feels really weird xD The stories are fanservice I suppose, but I'm not gonna spoil it. 

1La1bc76.png

:platinum:  #90: God of War III Remastered

King of the Hill

ah, the classic God of War. Played this before on PS3, and since it's free for PS+, why not just go for the easy platinum :P I'd certainly say, for a remastered version, it's a rather lazy remaster. It didn't add anything that's remarkable, and the graphical updates wasn't that much either. The 60 FPS is certainly appreciated, and vastly improved my gameplay. At $40, this game isn't worth getting unless it's at $10 price range.

That's all for now, gonna take a break from trophy hunting for awhile ^_^ 

Wait, Goat Simulator and God of War III both offered on PS +?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blue Flare said:

#119 - Doom

1L474944.png

:platinum: Thy Flesh Consumed

Finally back with No. 2 of the year. I bought this one in August of last year, earned one trophy for it and never touched it again for months. I finally got around to it and holy shit was it great. I was surprised it could maintain a silky smooth 60fps on my base PS4 with all of the crazy stuff happening on screen. The downside was my PS4's fan was the loudest it has ever been playing a video game (in my experience) but it was totally worth it.

The 2016 version of Doom is my first entry into the series and is a bit different from the usual first person shooters I grew up playing. It was mostly focused on the campaign rather than the fast paced online modes that took gaming by storm thanks to call of duty. Also unlike most shooters I've played, there is a huge emphasis on always moving and not staying in the same spot. Instead of slogging through each area of enemies in (generic shooter game's campaign here) and taking cover behind the same wall before a bullshit grenade flushes you out, enemies practically surround you and have lots of speed and different angles they can attack you from.

Always moving is key to not dying and combined with the maneuverability the player has in the game (which is further increased later thanks to the thruster boots) makes the gameplay very fluid and balanced. You don't feel cheated out of death but instead realize you weren't moving enough or you walked into an attack like an idiot. Even on the highest difficulty level you don't feel cheated; you just have to understand that one little mistake means the death of you.

Glory kills also didn't interrupt the flow of gameplay, but rather enhanced it. They were not only really satisfying to pull off (especially on larger enemies) but they were always quick to. It only takes half a second to punch a demons face off, curb stomp their head, snap their jawbone off, etc. before you can resume massacring everything in your path.

However, It's only slightly below perfect for me. It could be argued that the platforming in this game is great and really expands the level design and that would be a fair argument. However, it just didn't do justice for me. Sometimes I would get lost for a few seconds because I didn't look up at one point. It sounds stupid but it did interrupt the flow of the gameplay having to look all the way up and parkour your way to your next objective or a collectible. One particular level had a classic doom room that was infuriating for me to reach. I died from falling off cliffs in that area than I did in the entire game and yes that includes the first mission on Ultra-Nightmare!

I won't go into multiplayer. There were some elements that surprised me a little in both good and bad ways. It wasn't really special in the few matches I played, but it wasn't bad enough to the point where I would consider it a con. I guess it was disappointing that all DLC packs were MP based, but the base game itself is satisfying enough.

n0ZcRoW.jpg

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

P.S. This game has the angriest video game protagonist I have ever played as. I would not want to be the intern that spills coffee on him or be said coffee that was spilled on him. 

Yeah, Titanfall 2 has me amped to clean up DOOM. Especially since some of the gameplay is similar. 

• Like 1