Most Recent Platinum

Muff

5 hours ago, Carlver said:

:platinum:# 37 Jak & Daxter

1L9c00f5.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 5-6/10

Never played it when it released on the ps2, I was the "gamecube kid" back in the days. Anyway, glad to finally play it, it's a fantastics game, really similar to mario 64 and such, though a lot of collectibles. Oh, and definitely not a 2/10 as some people suggests, I died a lot of times, that clunky jump action really tricked me. I wanted to start the second at some point, but I have heard so mny bad things that I don't know if I should, and on top of that they say the developers went on the GTA route with the second. I was hoping for them to be platformers, but will have to play it to get an opinion, maybe they're great too :)

When you know how the jump mechanic works (you can't double jump the immediate frame/sec, and you lose your double jump if you gain too much falling momentum), it's actually pretty easy to control Jak while platforming, especially given his great ledge detection skills.

On the other hand, many good things are also said about the game. You should. It shares similar themes to GTA, but its not the GTA clone/wannabe that most people believe. The open-world concepts are different between them. GTA's concept is centered around the whole world, Jak II's still (faithfully follows the level design and stucture of The Precursor Legacy by) focus(ing)es on the sectioned off levels within the open-world, while making the zoomers from the first game the main transportation through the bigger world to get to those levels, essentially acting as the extended zoomer sections from The Precursor Legacy, which makes sense, and adding in guns which concept's still ultilize eco. This is why the openworld complaints are kinda out of place, because the focus is on the sectioned off levels, not the open world, and its why the OW has no platforming elements while all the SOLs do.

Jak II is still heavily a platformer, it only vaguely seems like less or little platforming because of the increased size of the OW. The hub world is bigger, so it takes longer to get to those sectioned off levels with platforming. TPL's OW design was linear. Sequels are wide-open world.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Donkrieg1011 said:

1L617665.png

Plat #57: God of War

Got the entire franchise from the latest PSN and had to start from this one. Decent game, although a little bit outdated in terms of design and combat. Looking back at this game makes me realize how much the combat has been refined through each installment. However, there were also some terrible moments in the game as well (Hades pillars anyone?). Pretty solid for the first game, only 4 more to go!

Gratz! I'll be going through my GoW games when GoW 4 is closer to release. Isn't the first one the one with the sirens in the desert or something? 

• Like 1

Platinum #70: NHL 17 (PS4)

Raise Your Banner '17

1L66f58b.png

GaFUeFR.jpg

My new rarest platinum.  Really should have been one of the first achievers considering all the trophies I was either one of or the first person to unlock but I just couldn't pull myself away from the mode I enjoy most (HUT) often enough to hit player level 50 in EASHL fast enough.  Unlike most people where the HUT trophies are the bigger issue.  But better late than never and even with my procrastinating of EASHL showing as the 50th achiever so that is still something I guess :P

• Like 3