Favorite Game of All Time That Never Got a Sequel

Bullstomp

Okami has a sequel: Okamiden for the Nintendo DS. You play as Chibiterasu (Ameterasu's son) and are accompanied by Susano's adoptive child.

Yeah I know there's a handheld sequel. I wasn't sure if that was a direct sequel or a spinoff though. Like with Metal Gear games and then Revengeance is its own thing.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

The game was fantastic, but serves as a great example of what can happen to a game through terrible marketing, the story was set to continue and the script was written for the sequel but was never worked on due to the failure of the first game.

• Like 1

Robot Alchemic Drive, I loved this game and would be happy for this to be released on the PS4 from the PS2. What I would like more would be a Sequel.

Not my favorite game of all time but I've played every version, why no Bully 2?

VANQUISH!!!!

Okay so the story was absolute shit, but the gameplay is some of the best you will find on PS3. Mechanically may be the best 3rd person shooter that I have ever played. It also consisted of a wide variety of weapons, bullet time and ridiculously fast gameplay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

L886765.png

Dante's Inferno (2010) published by EA of all companies. 

Loosely based on Inferno, the first of a trilogy of poems comprising Italian poet Dante Alighieri's epic poem, The Divine Comedy, the game has been overlooked as a poor God of War clone when in fact, it presented a promising start to a beautifully perverse interpretation of one of history's greatest works of literature.

I'd imagine the video game sequels would have been titled as follows:

Dante's Purgatory

Dante's Paradise

51zYBhmaIML._AC_UL320_SR206,320_.jpg

Edited by AdventCloud7
  • Like 1

MAG aka Massive-Action-Game for PS3.

Probably the only game i have ever spent more than 1000 hours playing. Played it nearly every day during 2010-2011 with very minor breaks to play something else.

My friend list which usually had only 20-30 people jumped upwards to 100+ during these years because I met some very awesome friends.

*sigh* it was good times

• 2 weeks later...

MAG aka Massive-Action-Game for PS3.

Probably the only game i have ever spent more than 1000 hours playing. Played it nearly every day during 2010-2011 with very minor breaks to play something else.

My friend list which usually had only 20-30 people jumped upwards to 100+ during these years because I met some very awesome friends.

*sigh* it was good times

Funily enough I tried playing this last year not knowing it was online only and the servers shut down. Now it sits with my other games just for the collectibility.

Anyway, it's probably gotta be Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for me

Final Fantasy VII. Yeah, I know Advent Children is considered a sequel to the game, but if we're talking about sequels in video game format, then it doesn't have one. The thing is, even if they were to make a sequel I would be hesitant about it. I adore the FFVII universe, but I think the story ended where it needed to end. Also they've said they are tweaking the story for the remake, so I'm pretty excited to see a different take on some of the story/plot points of the original.

Edited by xoxoagent

Sound Shapes

Journey

The Last of Us

Okami

Shadow of the Collossus

Shadow of Mordor

Stick it to the Man

The Order 1886

Until Dawn

The Unfinished Swan

Rage

Smugglers Run

Although the I know these aleady have multiple iterations, they need to be brought back.

Left 4 Dead

Half-Life

Portal

Team Fortress

Banjo

Spyro

- Okami

- Vanquish

- Bully

- Brütal Legend

- Deadly Premonition (I don't think making a sequel of it is a good idea 'cause it'll ruin the franchise IMO, but will play it for sure)

- Dragon's Crown

- Lone Survivor

- The Last of Us (For now???)

• Like 1