Favorite Game of All Time That Never Got a Sequel

Bullstomp

Does Magical Starsign count? Because it technically IS a sequel, except we never got original game (Magical Vacation) localized, and Starsign never got a sequel anyway. This game is more or less a newer generation Mother/Earthbound game, with all the quirkiness, creepiness, and feels that implies, except IN SPACE. WITH WIZARDS. I loved it and I want more D:

Modnation Racers. I just want to make more detailed mods and karts on PS4, with a bigger sticker and prop number. But maybe it's for the best. I have over 1000 hours in Modnation, I'd probably spend just as much on a sequel.

There were 3 Modnation games.

The PSP, PS3 and Vita ones

Guh, I JUST remembered in going on a TWEWY music binge that I want a TWEWY 2 soooooooooooo badly. This is a game that doesn't need a sequel per se, but there's still so much room to explore its themes in greater depth with a new city and/or new characters. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Squaaaaaaare D:

Child of Light:

Come on Ubisoft, show us that you can do more awesome UbiArt-games. 

Guacamelee!:

STCE already hinted about the past of Tostada, but still I would enjoy a game featuring her or Juan's daughter. 

Puppeteer:

The idea was nice and the overall game was very entertaining. Only the collectibles were a bit annoying.

Skies of Arcadia:

The game had such a fresh setting and nice ideas that it's a shame that there's no sequel. Really enjoyed both versions of the game.

Game series I would like to have further sequels are Lufia (everything after Legend Returns just sucked), Wild ARMs, Deponia, Alex Kidd (SEGA, the second), Crazy Taxi (and here's another SEGA-one), Sonic & All-Stars Racing.

Child of Light:

Come on Ubisoft, show us that you can do more awesome UbiArt-games. 

Guacamelee!:

STCE already hinted about the past of Tostada, but still I would enjoy a game featuring her or Juan's daughter. 

Puppeteer:

The idea was nice and the overall game was very entertaining. Only the collectibles were a bit annoying.

Skies of Arcadia:

The game had such a fresh setting and nice ideas that it's a shame that there's no sequel. Really enjoyed both versions of the game.

Game series I would like to have further sequels are Lufia (everything after Legend Returns just sucked), Wild ARMs, Deponia, Alex Kidd (SEGA, the second), Crazy Taxi (and here's another SEGA-one), Sonic & All-Stars Racing.

Puppeteers would be awesome

Puppeteer would be awesome

• 4 weeks later...

There once was this one game I really liked, I think it was called "Final Fantasy". Sadly it never got a sequel Q_Q

That was just a joke ok? Please don't hurt me ._. and could someone please tell that blonde Spike haired guy to put his way too big Sword away? Pretty please? It looks very painful Q_Q

A Game which never got a sequel afaik but I still really enjoyed was "The World ends with you" on the NDS

• Like 1

Bulletstorm

Mark of the Ninja

RAGE

Brütal Legend

Journey (not that I would want a sequel, but still)

Blood Dragon

Hannah Montana.....  :)

In all seriousness. I would say Kingdoms of Amaular

Oh DEFINITELY Kingdoms of Amalur, too. That game was so underrated. Loved it. Might pick up the DLC some day.
Edited by Bubblyfishes

• 2 weeks later...

Rock N' Roll Racing. Simple, with a great soundtrack and I could play it for hours and never get tired of it. But I always feared that a sequel would ruin the game, so I am fine with that.

There was actually a sequel, released for PS1. In Europe was it called Rock & Roll Racing 2: Red Asphalt. In the USA, it was called just Red Asphalt.

I borrowed it from someone back in the day. A mediocre game IMO. Didn't enjoy it as much as the original one.

Edited by Crimson Idol

There are some games, I personally feel are better off as one-off titles that don't need sequels. These include...

1. Bastion
  2. Transistor
  3. Okami HD
  4. Super Meat Boy
  5. Teslagrad
  6. Grim Fandango: Remastered
  7. Dust an Elysian Tail
  8. Shadow of the Colossus
  9. Heavy Rain

I'm not saying a sequel couldn't work. Just that if a sequel were to be made, it would have to work even harder, to be as good/improve upon the originals.

I would love to have seen sequels to these gems of mine.

1. DmC Devil May Cry - This new Dante deserves a sequel I think
  2. Splatterhouse 2010
  3. Command & Conquer: Red Alert series. - Great third game, would love a 4th
  4. Command & Conquer: Tiberian series - Terrible 4th game, right after the impressive third game. Needs a hard reboot or a great sequel to make up for it.
  5. Half Life 2
  • Like 1

There are some games, I personally feel are better off as one-off titles that don't need sequels. These include...

• Okami HD

Okami has a sequel: Okamiden for the Nintendo DS. You play as Chibiterasu (Ameterasu's son) and are accompanied by Susano's adoptive child.

Edited by Crimson Idol