Where do you buy your games ?

RyuDc

First of all if i cannot ask this please remove the topic or close it.. I can't seem to find the forum rules :/ sorry about that

BUT 

If i can ask the title says / asks it all..

Where do you buy your games?
Any recommended websites ?  
Any site where we can buy Japanese versions? 

I know a few but I'll Post it in here if the post doesn't get closes or deleted.

Edited by RyuDc

Amazon can import Japanese games, but sometimes they are priced very high to cover shipping costs. 

Some good websites are:

Nippon-Yasan

AmiAmi

PlayAsia

AmiAmi usually has the best deals, which is why they are also almost always sold out. You have to be really on top of things to get your order in, especially on highly-anticipated pre-orders.

PlayAsia is higher priced than most others, but at least they have a solid stock that is usually always available. 

Amazon UK, especially for pre-orders. They're usually always cheapest. And the pre-order price guarantee (that you will pay the lowest listed price between the date of your pre-order and the launch date) usually saves me £10-15 on day one releases. 

Digital games come from... well... PSN Store obviously. 

I pop into Game from time to time, but haven't bought anything from them in ages. They're usually madly overpriced compared to Amazon, even on sale. So I usually just browse for a bit then leave. 

So far, just Gamestop.  I plan to buy some PSN games from the PSN Store on my system but I'll probably pick up the PSN cards from Gamestop as well.

I like the idea that if I get a game that I dislike, at least it can be worth something trading it in when getting another game.  I also prefer getting a physical copy if possible.

I very much dislike how they slap those stickers all of the boxes haphazardly though.  I have to figure out how to get those off.

Follow-up question:

Are games usually cheaper when buying online than in stores?

Edited by PlayResponsibly

I get a majority of my retail games from Amazon nowadays. I used to go to the local equivalent to BestBuy a lot, but they seem to have gone completely bonkers with their prices for PS4 games so Amazon is the cheaper option every single time. A majority of the games i buy these days are digital anyways.

Amazon mostly but if I want to pick up a collector's edition oo something day of release I do it at Gamestop. The only exception is if there is something in good condition at a second hand store for a reasonable price.

Edited by Bucknerd

I used to get all my games from Game Stop just because I love going in their and talking to the employees about gaming. But with the new city/state I live in the taxes are insane. So Amazon is simply the better way to go. That or I buy off of the PSN Store is the price is right. 

Physical shops here in Portugal are way overpriced, so I usually just get them from Amazon UK. Even when taking shipping and how strong the British Pound is right now (or how weak the Euro is) into consideration, I still save between 30 to 50€.

However, I recently found a great online store here in Portugal that not only can be a little bit cheaper than Amazon for new games, the shipping's also cheaper and faster (duh, it's closer :P ).

• Like 1

Various local game shops, the local equivalent of GAME and ebay for some good deals and rare/older/hard to find games.

For Japanese games I use http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ almost exclusively. They usually have great prices, frequently discount their items and offer shipping through Amazon.fr to Europe, which means I don't have to pay customs and tax. I've bought from them dozens of times, including big collectors editions and used/retro games and I was always happy with my purchase. The other obvious option is http://www.play-asia.com/ - great store but I always end up having to pay customs and tax which makes me buy from them less frequently than I'd like to.