Games You Tried Hard To Love But Couldn't

Xel

Bioshock 2.  I tried.  I really did.  Despite it being an incredibly dark and depressing game, I gave it my best shot to like it and get into it.  I think I went back to it on three separate occasions and I just couldn't get into it.  Despite it being so dark and depressing, I just found it to be incredibly difficult to boot.  I never finished the story and, at this point, I don't really care.

Owww, good to see some Kinda Funny mate !!!  :wave:

Has to be Bioshock, I tried so hard with it after playing Infinite and loving it. My favorite genre is survival horror and I like how everything works in the game, I don't know what went wrong with it, but it just didn't click'd with me. I may gave it a shot another time. 

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed series. Played up until Black Flag. While I enjoyed the first few games, it was becoming apparent that Ubisoft was going the wrong direction with the series, and was focusing on integrating their horrible multiplayer into these games (which nobody plays anyway). The story became a convoluted mess and outside of the addition ship battles in AC3 and Black Flag, there were little to no improvements on the single player. Assassin's Creed would have been better off it wasn't an annual release and/or Ubisoft focused on a solid single player experience.

Hatsune Miku titles.

Rhythm game? Check, love me some rhythm games.

Anime? Check, even though I grew out of watching anime a while ago.

Crazy hair? Check.

Wow I was disappointed.

Stuff flashing all over the screen, button inputs don't match the rhythm unless you're on the hardest difficulty, random speed increases/decreases that don't match the speed of the song (Looking at you Nyanyanyan) and annoying screen rubbing 'features'.

Not to mention the music is awful but that's just personal taste I suppose.

To protect myself from the raging fans who assume because I don't like the game I must be bad at it; It's not hard and ''It's my opinion''.

I tried so hard to like it, I really did.

I suspect Hyperdimension games will be the same kind of overhyped waifu disappointment, but I'm not one to turn away from a JRPG and I've already bought the first 2.

Bioshock games. It's the perfect example of a game series i really tried to love but just couldn't.

Everything in the game just made me bored and that's the only thing i can see the Bioshock series as for now "boring". I bought Infinite when it came out but haven't touched it since i'm afraid i'll get bored again. But after watching gameplay videos of the game years ago i might actually give it a shot at some point in the future.

Edited by Oblivion
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy XIII ... I really...really wanted to like it but noup... after FFXII the franchise don't deliver for me

Ni No Kuni... they really messed up the battle system and the game overall it's kinda boring, I was hoping more since I'm a big fan of Studio Ghibli.

L.A. Noire I was expecting more liberty like GTA

Assassins Creed (all of them after Revelations) I really enjoyed the story of Ezzio, but then I can't play them anymore

Kingdoms of Amalur... after playing Oblivion or Skyrim... KoA becomes a bad joke :/

Retro...

Xenosaga... I was dissapointed, Square sold the IP to Konami and they turned it into turd... Xenogears is better big time

Megaman x4 and above... the transition from SNES to PS was good but the art, the music and the story was pretty bad.

Edited by KaosStrife

I think sequels to games that happened to be good the 1st time around fit into this category easily, in particular bio-ware. I tried to get into Mass Effect 2, I really really did but it didn't take a scientist to work out it was a corridor shooter and no rpg. Similar would be Dragon Age 2, I liked origins on the 360 and even more on the PC but how did they fuck up the sequel so badly? I finished both ME2 and DA2 though nothing more then a bitter taste remains in my mind.

Metal Gear Series.

I kept giving it a shot, thinking - this will be the one! Ill finally get it!

.... Nope.

I'll second this.

Gave the first game a fair shake just a few days ago, but I'm not bothering with it anymore.  I enjoyed the second game back in the day, just long enough to beat it.  MGS3 and 4 I got into both about an hour each and got rid of them.  I tried, but it's not happening.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Tales of Symphonia - I used to play a ton of RPGs. Bought this... Unimpressed. Came back a month or so later, fell asleep. Finished off Xillia last week, thought, "maybe I'll be more into it now" - nope. I finally deleted it and added it to the DNP list on my notepad game list.

• Like 1