Games You Tried Hard To Love But Couldn't

Xel

After seeing the latest Kinda Funny Gamecast episode I thought it would be a good idea to share this topic and see what you have to say.

Personally, Mass Effect didn't click with me, I've played both 2 and 3 and completed both of those games. I liked the setting and the characters but the gameplay didn't feel great to me. The Metal Gear Series is another one I wish I could love because back in the PS2 days I enjoyed playing Sons of Liberty and Snake eater but then MGS4 came out and felt very different for me, either that or I suck at stealth games and not so long ago I played MGSV: The Phantom Pain my friend had it and frankly I was surprised by the scale of that game it's exceedingly impressive. The movement was especially fantastic but the stealth aspect of it has put me off. The game isn't bad by any means don't take what I say the wrong way its just my opinion, my experience. In fact I thought it was amazing and if you like stealth games then more power to you. 

What are some of the games you guys tried hard to love?

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 3

Kingdom Hearts. Tried playing the first one, but the gameplay was so boring it put me off.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Tried this one because all action-adventure games take something from this game, but I found it too boring and confusing.

Street Fighter series... I just hate the awful balance there

Dragon's Crown... after 10 hours of gaming, it was kinda boring

I would add Grand Theft Auto series but, nah, I never tried to love that one, I played Vice City for 1 hour and I said, what the hell is this crap? boooooring!

Edited by cadaver_no_life
  • Like 1

There are plenty

GTA San Andreas

GTA IV

A Link Between Worlds

Fallout 3

Uncharted

God of War 2 and beyond

Far Cry Blood Dragon

Legend of Dragoon

Legend of Legaia

Brave Fencer Musashi

Vagrant Story

FF Tactics

Disgaea

Xenoblade Chronicles

Metal Gear Solid 3

Kirby Return to Dreamland

Mega Man ZX Advent

Mega Man X8

Mega Man Zero 2

Mega Man Battle Network 4 and beyond

New Super Mario Bros U

Bayonetta 2

Wonderful 101

Golden Sun

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World

Tales of Phantasia

Batman Arkham Knight

The entire Souls series

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 0

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now. I've always been willing to try new games, especially when they're recommended, but it leads to a lot of disappointment and crushed hopes. It's worth it a lot though too.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I wanted to like it for all the pirate things in it, but having the story stop itself to make me grind for resources really put me off.

Bound by Flame. It looked cool on the surface, but then when I got to actually playing it I felt ripped off.

Watch_Dogs. Just felt like an Assassin's Creed game with a different skin.

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. I think I expected this one to be more like Samurai Warriors 4, but I didn't find it near as fun

1-Tales of Xillia: even if I platted it, I wouldn't say I liked it a lot. It was decent, but it had such a slow start I slept like 3-5 times on the first 10-15 hours. The story turns out to be nice but definitely not worth so much tolerance.

Imo it would have been better if they had put Alvin as protagonist, modified the story and include some of the stuff mentioned about his past so you could connect with the character some more.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Metro 2033. Any RTS. Maybe Ni no Kuni (it's just so sloooow). The Witcher 1. Crysis 1. Prototype. They just weren't engaging. Also Enslaved was overhyped as udnerrated. It' just okay. Same with Vanquish and Bayonetta, too, kinda. And de Killzone games are fun, but they're missing something. Resistance feels a lot more compelling to me.

Uncharted & Last of Us. I really wanted to like them, but they are just so boring. It doesn't help that the game seems to try and push you through the gameplay sections just to get to the next cutscene. Like, they really want you to watch their games, but the darn gameplay just gets in the way.