Detroit: Become Human

skinner49

27 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Ain't nobody got time fo dat bs1f602.png!

I'll be destroying controllers and praising the sun after every sessions of Dark souls remastered as that is the same release date

R8yxvOO.gif

And your point is? If you don't like this game then go post on a dark souls forum. "Ain't nobody got time for that bs" right?

• Like 2

Day 1 purchase for me personally. I haven't been this excited about any game for a long time. I might be in minority for this but I did enjoy Beyond: Two Souls more than Heavy Rain. Like them both very much, but yeah. Can't wait to see what kind of crazy stuff David Cage & team has created this time.

Edited by Juzota
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

And your point is? If you don't like this game then go post on a dark souls forum. "Ain't nobody got time for that bs" right?

butthurt fanboy?

you shouldn't cry instantly about a " joke" as I respect every gamers choise what he or she wants to play.

and fyi, this sure is going to be an insta buy for me

have a nice day

X91MkAd.gif

4 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'll be destroying controllers and praising the sun after every sessions of Dark souls remastered as that is the same release date

Dang, is that true?

jeez - way to destroy your day one sales Detroit! 

I’ll be waiting for reviews of Detroit before buying anyway - Game might be okay, but David Cage doesn’t merit a purchase without seeing some opinions first

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dang, is that true?

I’ll be waiting for reviews of Detroit before buying anyway - Game might be okay, but David Cage doesn’t merit a purchase without seeing some opinions first

yeah unfortunately,

all info in below link

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/15-02-2018-dark-souls-remastered-switch-ps4-xbox-one-pc-release-date-enhancements-features-everything-we-know

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The downside to that, is having to wade through the honest opinions... and the people just pontificating about how much they don't like Cage as a (how they perceive his) person, which the recent sexual harassment accusations against QD probably won't help... or are just biased against the "gameplay-less" game genre that Cage helped popularize.  And projecting those biases on the game whether valid or not.

Like I saw someone else say, I'm one of the few who probably enjoyed Beyond Two Souls more than Heavy Rain (plot holes aside the story felt far more personal to me), and loved both.  So I would've already normally preordered this... but I made a resolution to not buy any new releases in 2018 (unless physical editions sold in limited quantities and not really available otherwise).  So I'll probably wait for reviews myself and see if it sounds worth breaking the resolution for. xD

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Lighten up, Francis. xD

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dang, is that true?

Few developers nowadays merit that trust. But honestly, even if the game is praised to the skies, I'll still be waiting for a price drop.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

The downside to that, is having to wade through the honest opinions... and the people just pontificating about how much they don't like Cage as a (how they perceive his) person, or are just biased against the "gameplay-less" game genre that Cage helped popularize.  And projecting those biases on the game whether valid or not.

Nah, I know which reviewers to trust - i’m older than a lot of the folks on here, so I don’t tend towards silly you-tube-people or non-byline reviews, I pretty much stick to the one or two outlets where I know the personalities and likes/dislikes of the reviewers, so I know what to trust and whether their taste aligns with my own.

20 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Like I saw someone else say, I'm one of the few who probably enjoyed Beyond Two Souls more than Heavy Rain, and loved both.  So I would've already normally preordered this... but I made a resolution to not buy any new releases in 2018 (unless physical editions sold in limited quantities and not really available otherwise).  So I'll probably wait for reviews myself and see if it sounds worth breaking the resolution for. xD

I’m actually with you - I preferred Beyond to Heavy Rain toobut the genre has been moved on a lot by other games now.

I replayed Heavy Rain not too long ago, and while it was still a fun time, I don’t think Cage’s storytelling or writing really holds up in a post-Life is Strange, Firewatch, Hellblade world.

Also, this time he is dealing with a genre that I personally love, and his comments thus far have not exactly instilled confidence that he has anything to bring to the table.

His whole “What if the replicants in Bladerunner were really the good guys” comment really made me wonder if the dude had acually even seen Bladerunner... cause, y’know, that was kinda the whole point...

...not to mention the fact that his particular brand of sledgehammer-like subtlety could go  very wrong very quickly when playing in a genre that is so intrinsically tied to metaphors for racism, sexism, slavery, abuse etc.

Anyways, I certainly hope its good - if so, I’ll be the first to sing it’s praises, but I’ll definetly need to try before I buy with this one!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

...not to mention the fact that his particular brand of sledgehammer-like subtlety could go  very wrong very quickly when playing in a genre that is so intrinsically tied to metaphors for racism, sexism, slavery, abuse etc.

I think that's a very fair point, Cage isn't exactly known for any kind of poetic subtlety.  And past a certain point even I find it tasteless.

Though I question how fairly people will judge the game after the "outrage" at their choice to go with one of the scenes containing abuse of a woman and/or a kid as promotional material for the game.  Which I didn't find particularly offensive, you have to imagine there's a story and context surrounding it and its not just abuse for the sake of abuse... and to an extent respect Cage's interest in broaching those heavier topics given the social landscape we live in.

EDIT: He clearly doesn't makes games to be popular. xD  He has a vision and tries to see it through, even if it doesn't hit with everyone.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

71t6pOHG5hL._SL1500_.jpg

Box contents:

• PS4 Game:Detroit: Become Human
  • Limited Edition Special Artbook
  • Original Digital Soundtrack
  • PS4 Original Theme
  • Sticker

https://www.amazon.co.jp/【PS4】Detroit-Become-Human-Premium-【早期購入特典】PS4用テーマ/dp/B07B6CSG1T

https://www.play-asia.com/detroit-become-human-limited-premium-edition/13/70bxqz

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 11:26 AM, ddracarys said:

Heavy Rain is one of several preorder bonuses for Detroit: Become Human Digital Deluxe Edition (at least, in my region).

I'm torn between this pre-order and Mighty Ape's for $95. You get a cute little keychain with Mighty and goddamn I love keychains. But I also really want to play Heavy Rain so ahhh.

12 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

71t6pOHG5hL._SL1500_.jpg

Box contents:

• PS4 Game:Detroit: Become Human
  • Limited Edition Special Artbook
  • Original Digital Soundtrack
  • PS4 Original Theme
  • Sticker

https://www.amazon.co.jp/【PS4】Detroit-Become-Human-Premium-【早期購入特典】PS4用テーマ/dp/B07B6CSG1T

https://www.play-asia.com/detroit-become-human-limited-premium-edition/13/70bxqz

The play-asia box set looks dope but do I want to wait 2 months for the game to arrive? Nah.

Regardless, I'm going to ask around at work and see if we're getting physical copies of this so I can get it discounted & a day before release, but I doubt we will. We only bring in the big AAA titles and Quantic Dream is a little too indie, I think.

• Like 1

I don't like the pre-order bonus on the PSN store. -> HEAVY RAIN (PS4)

I already have Heavy Rain on the PS3, which is obvious since it's an old game and the genre is unique.

Of course, I'll be picking this game up. Sooner or later. ^_^

On 3/2/2018 at 1:45 AM, Deluziion90 said:

Ain't nobody got time fo dat bs1f602.png!

R8yxvOO.gif

Enjoy your remaster of a seven year old game.

Some people, for some reason, are interested in playing brand new, 2018 games. Shocking, right?

Praise that damn sun though.

• Like 3

On 3/2/2018 at 0:45 AM, Deluziion90 said:

butthurt fanboy?

you shouldn't cry instantly about a " joke" as I respect every gamers choise what he or she wants to play.

and fyi, this sure is going to be an insta buy for me

have a nice day

X91MkAd.gif

Ah yes. The good old 'I was only pretending to be retarded' trick. Gets them every time.