Detroit: Become Human

skinner49

Reminds me of Heavy Rain a bit with the style of gaming.

That's because its being made by the same company who did both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls: Quantic Dream :) but if you meant to say it as "returning to the HR formula" then I agree, and I prefer it this way rather than Beyond's way to progress through the story.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Can't wait for this, I've been getting into QTA games lately and if this is anything like Heavy Rain I'm down. Plus I live near Detroit and the city gets slammed to much, yeah it has it's shitty parts but it can be very gorgeous if you just stop and observe. Hopefully the developers grab some of Detroit's charm and bring it to life.

That's because its being made by the same company who did both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls: Quantic Dream :) but if you meant to say it as "returning to the HR formula" then I agree, and I prefer it this way rather than Beyond's way to progress through the story.

If it's going back to HR roots, I hope there won't be an excessive amount of QTEs...

If it's going back to HR roots, I hope there won't be an excessive amount of QTEs...

Yeah there was an excess, but Its weird because back then in 2010 I didn't found them annoying at all, maybe is because it was seen as something different and "interesting" having scenes with only QTE gameplay at that time, which nowadays it has been overdone many times so now I found them annoying!  :D

With going back to the roots I mean having different characters and that depending on your actions with each one of them you would get different scenes and endings, and that everyone could live or die. I found that Beyond was a step back on this aspect, gameplay-wise it was too linear and in my second playthrough I tried failing all the QTEs and still I was able to progress through the game, and that only the last few choices had an overall impact on the plot.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I wasn't that interested in this game yet before Sony's E3 conference started but the trailer they showed made me pretty excited for this game. I hope they release another (few) trailer(s) before the game releases, just to be sure.

Edited by LucasV9991

• 1 year later...

Just saw the release date go up on the PlayStation Store, yay! This is my most anticipated game, so I'm glad it's finally got a release date! Preordering this soon, and the added Heavy Rain bonus is sweet for somebody like me who never got to experience it before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

detroit.jpg

This is hands down the worst game cover I've seen in the past 5 years. It's just a close up of some guy's face showing very little background, not appealing at all.

Doesn't make me any more excited for it other than to see David Cage come off his cage again.

Edited by Crzy Minus

6 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

detroit.jpg

This is a horrible cover. What is this supposed to tell me about that game? That this guy is somehow involved in something in what I assume is the Detroit skyline in the background? I see a RP on the cover so I hope this gets changed. 

5 minutes ago, Terra said:

This is a horrible cover. What is this supposed to tell me about that game? That this guy is somehow involved in something in what I assume is the Detroit skyline in the background? I see a RP on the cover so I hope this gets changed. 

It’s possible that supposed to be the Renaissance Center in the skyline, but that tall tower is placed wrong if it’s supposed to be whatever we are calling the Hudson replacement.

The Riverwalk is supposed to get some developments, but the Conservancy would never approve what’s shown there.

I’m excited for this game, but this cover isn’t doing anything for me either. Maybe that character eventually becomes awesome, but I’m hoping this is just some rendering and not an actual game cover. 

1 hour ago, Terra said:

*shrug*  I don't think it's that bad.

One, the close up is clearly either an android or some sort of human with biological enhancements... given the light emitting from his temple and peel-up perforations on the skin.  Two, the sunrise behind the cityscape likely represents a dawn of something, a revolution or the start of some new era perhaps.  Three, sure... that's probably Detroit.  They did name the game that afterall.

I mean really, what does any cover really tell you about a game?  99% of the time it's just art with one or more protagonists and either an enemy, or a place, or just posing in a cool way.  Or artwork sans people or anything too descriptive vaguely relating to a games subject matter.  Detroit's cover art doesn't look particularly cool, I agree with that... but that's really the only thing its guilty of.  No need to pretend it's breaking some sort of cardinal rule.  Given what I know of the games story, it seems adequately represented here.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

Just now, Crzy Minus said:

This is hands down the worst game cover I've seen in the past 5 years. It's just a close up of some guy's face showing very little background, not appealing at all.

Doesn't make me any more excited for it other than to see David Cage come off his cage again.

Just now, Terra said:

Maybe it's to show off how far technology has come by showing close up of a face with skin pores and what not especially that the whole game is an interactive game. Idk

Edited by PooPDeePie
  • Like 1

The cover isn't the most creative one but honestly, I couldn't care less. As long as the game is good everything will be fine. I can't wait to finally play this and I'm sure David Cage won't disappoint us with his new masterpiece.

5 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

Not since Rival Turf on the SNES have we witnessed cover art this dynamic.

14 hours ago, ddracarys said:

Just saw the release date go up on the PlayStation Store, yay! This is my most anticipated game, so I'm glad it's finally got a release date! Preordering this soon, and the added Heavy Rain bonus is sweet for somebody like me who never got to experience it before.

Where can you pre order it to get heavy rain as a pre order bonus?

• Like 1