The future of PSN Plus and what direction would you like it to go?

FlareXV

Simple question people so simple answers, none of that complex talk!

EDIT: I should've been more clearer. I'm talking about PSN+ as a whole (Exclusive things like vote to play, special themes and discounts). 

Edited by FlareXV

One AAA title every month / two months on PS4 would be cool. Vita, I don't really have a problem.

Edit : I would also love it, if they made an option to restrict PS+ to certain console and thus reduce the price. Like, restrict access to free PS3 and Vita games and give access to only PS4 games at a lower subscription price.

Edited by IntenseFATE98
  • Like 1

Just charge me less if all i want is multi or even better get rid of the ps+ games and charge $35 for online.

I'll second this.  I don't do digital (if I can help it) and when I do, I don't like them being tied to whether or not the PS+ subscription is active... so I'd love a cheaper basic option that excludes the "free games" and whatever other fluff they offer, and just let me utilize multiplayer/cloud storage

I'm fine with it the way it is. I think I get really good value for my annual sub.

If they wanted to add more, I wouldn't complain though.

No, I wasn't here during the "good old days" before PS4 came out, I was an XB360 gamer last gen and yes, that does mean that I am used to sucking corporate dick as far as having to sub for online MP, etc, is concerned so feel free to take my opinion and file it under IRRELEVANT if you want. 

• Like 2

More Japanese games on the Vita would be pretty cool to see on PS+. I'd like to see a couple of older AAA games on PS4 like Sniper Elite 3, Assassin's Creed 4 or Unity, inFAMOUS Second Son, etc. I do like the games they give out though.

I am on board with more Japanese games on the Vita. The only one in recent memory is Freedom Wars and IMO, most of the best Vita games over the last couple of years have come from Japan.

I certainly wouldn't mind more AAA games on the PS4, but I really don't have a problem with the way things are.  It will be interesting to see if Sony changes the strategies with the monthly PS4 and Vita selections once the PS3 gets phased out of the program.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 1

• With a lot of the sales recently, (resident Evil and Assassins Creed to name some), I wish they were included in the sales. I would've liked an extra 10-15% off as a PS+ member on those sales.

More Japanese games, Indie is all the rage but I'd like to see some imports/japanese games too.

Vita Love

PS+ loyalty features?

• Like 2

I've had it off and on since the very beginning and I have no problems with the way it is now. They promise we'll get a certain number of games each month and we're getting exactly what they promised.

With that being said, I do think one thing that would satisfy more people would be a variation on the Vote to Play they do. Have it to where at the beginning of the month all 3 are available and each individual person has the chance to pick the game they want. To use the most recent Vote to Play games as an example, person A wants Broforce so they pick that and that's the game they get for the month and person B wants Action Henk then they pick that and that's the game they get for the month.

This is not a simple question in the slightest, but I will try and give a simple answer.

I am actually happy with the way that PS+ is working now.  I am ok with the price point, I love all the free games we get access too, I always like looking at the discounts, even if I don't buy from them very often.  I would be very happy if they continued on the path they are currently on.  If I were forced to choose a feature I would like added, I think it would be nice, as TigressLion mentioned, if they would add some sort of loyalty feature.  Maybe something like exclusive avatars, or themes for members who have been a member for x amount of months.  Something simple like that.

• Like 1

I wish they'd bring back more significant PS+ discounts, or start putting out more popular games again. The sub seems way less worth it these days because I'm not getting good games free, and I'm also not even getting much of a discount on stuff either.

• Like 1

PS+ is pretty good how it is now. $50 a year for PS4 online, roughly 75 free* games, and 10%-20% off of most sales. I would like free access to PSnow, and the option to vote for the free* ps3 and vita games but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Also I would like the free indie games to be glitch free. It's annoying when the indie game looks interesting, but has bugs that should have been fixed before the game was on PS+

Edited by soultaker655

PS+ discounts on flash sales....noticing that we rarely get discounts anymore. Sales are still good.

PS+ games that appear that month....if they have DLC....it should be on a PS+ Sale....just like Helldivers last month.

Offer a Triple A game for the PS4 every 6 months and 3 months for the PS3.

I like some of the indies....I don't buy them anymore and just wait for PS+ to give them. Patiently waiting for Shovel Knight and Axiom Verge.

Helldivers, Rogue Legacy, Rocketbirds, OlliOlli, STFU, Geometry Wars 3...and so much more quality games I would have not enjoyed if I had no PS+.

Edited by Kishnabe

Sony is VERY clear on what Plus comes with now. I don't think it needs any changes. Although, I did suggest this a while ago:

DaivRules, on 22 Feb 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:snapback.png

Part of me wishes, though, that Sony would make an announcement along the lines of:
In response to the demands of random people on the internet, we will be offering two versions of PlusPlus Plus will be the Plus many of you have come to know and love, it will not change in any way. Plus Minus will be Everthing that Plus has been but without the Instant Games Collection. We will be reducing the cost ofPlus Minus in response to the changes demanded by, as we are constantly told, our most loyal fans. The cost for Plus Minus will be $47.99 a year. Enjoy those savings Plus Minusers!!!

• Like 1

I can understand why ps4 is getting alot of indies (most of them are crappy) but why is ps3 and ps vita getting F over also,both ps3 and ps vita has been out for 6+years so there is a larger library of games for them to choose from than the crappy games we been getting (with the occasional good ps3 and vita game every 2-4months) i expect more than this crap.

Im primarily a ps vita player so this makes me more mad than anything since the only good ps vita game in the last couple of months has been freedom wars (in my opinion)

Edit:Now i am primarily ps vita gamer as of september of last year.

Edited by Shug244
  • Like 1

I'd like it if they offered discounts on every game on the store for having ps plus. Something as low as 1% off on every game would add up. I still make more than the cost of the membership with the current savings, but this would be great.

For the IGC, I'd like it if they offered japanese games for the vita.

For the online cloud backup, I'd like it if the space was larger for all three systems.

I also want Vote to Play to disappear. I hate it. I'd rather they just shove a bad game at me than give me a bad game that other people voted for when I voted for a good one. At the very least, I'd like it if we got to pick our individual game from the selection instead of having a majority rule. If you wag a hundred dollar bill in my face and say that I can have it and then only give me a 5 dollar bill, I'll be disappointed in not getting $100; I won't be grateful for the $5.

Edited by kuuhaku

Simple question people so simple answers, none of that complex talk!

EDIT: I should've been more clearer. I'm talking about PSN+ as a whole (Exclusive things like vote to play, special themes and discounts). 

Discounts? They'll be a fixture for years. Having people pay for the right to get discounts on products? I think every store in the world would like that.

Vote to play? Seems like a gimmick that will die.

Special themes? I don't know what those are. Do you mean free themes for the PS4? Or special themes for sales?

Also, I think that the "free" games will persist, but will turn exclusively into a place where newbie developers can give a trial run on a brand new game, and big developers can use "freebies" to get a larger base for future DLC (we're almost there already).

Inb4 poorly worded passive aggressive jab at an earlier post without actually quoting it

Inb4 "no shitty indies" from close-minded people

You've mentioned this twice now. While not directed at me (I think?), have no idea what you're talking about, and no idea what it has to do with the thread.

Edited by starcrunch061

Discounts? They'll be a fixture for years. Having people pay for the right to get discounts on products? I think every store in the world would like that.

Vote to play? Seems like a gimmick that will die.

Special themes? I don't know what those are. Do you mean free themes for the PS4? Or special themes for sales?

Also, I think that the "free" games will persist, but will turn exclusively into a place where newbie developers can give a trial run on a brand new game, and big developers can use "freebies" to get a larger base for future DLC (we're almost there already).

You've mentioned this twice now. While not directed at me (I think?), have no idea what you're talking about, and no idea what it has to do with the thread.

Nothing was directed at you. I posted the first one regarding indies which is relevant to the thread, someone else further down posted the same thing that I said but flipped around, in a manner of which seemed like a response to me, but he didn't quote me. Idk how to better explain it but you can see for yourself. My response was merely a joke in regards to that, but since the joke was interpreted as "Off-Topic. Unoriginal. Spam" as Xeliot put it, then sorry