The future of PSN Plus and what direction would you like it to go?

FlareXV

I see. I didn't see the post in the middle.

Getting back to the thread, I would like if PS+ did what I suggested in regards to "free" games. I would love to know what indie developers are trying to hoist glitchy products on me, so I and the community can shout them down and get them out of the market. And of course, if a big game is about to sell DLC, I would love the opportunity to try it out beforehand, for "free".

• Like 1

Inb4 "no shitty indies" from close-minded people

Indies are not a problem for me when it comes to PS4, but when it tampers with the quality of PS3 games we used to get, I'd rather they removed PS4 from the service. They're telling us that with such a huge arsenal of games, the best they can handpick for us is The Last Guy and Super Stardust HD?

Edited by Jay

Honestly, I'm fine with it the way it is. I've been a subscriber since day 1 when the game selection also wasn't anything to write home about. I've always cared more about the discounts and cloudsaves anyways, those have always been the big draw for me.

4$ a month to know I never have to worry about a corrupt save? Hell yes. Not to mention, I buy a lot of my games digitally, I make my $ back in discounts anyways.

Even if we do only get indie games, every now and again I find one that I absolutely love and that just the icing on the cake IMO since I couldn't really care less about the free games anyways.

I think we'll see less / no PS3 and Vita games soon. I'd say one PS3 game and 1 Vita game with 3 / 4 PS4 games. At some point they will drop + for PS3 totally. I could see this happening, it would also mean a lot more AAA support on + since there is only one console audience and its such a high demand since they get shit for what they give every fucking month even though there is great games at times. :P

This is what I think will happen anyways.

• Like 1

Inb4 "no shitty indies" from close-minded people

I bet said close-minded people wouldn't be able to identify Rocket League as an indie or even spell indie correctly.

I'm growing tired of the monthly IGC thread with people saying "Great. More indy shit." :facepalm:

Edited by Blue Flare
  • Like 2

I bet said close-minded people wouldn't be able to identify Rocket League as an indie or even spell indie correctly.

I'm growing tired of the monthly IGC thread with people saying "Great. More indy shit." :facepalm:

You're growing tired pal? Stop reading it then... god forbid people have a level of expectation for a service they've paid for with their hard earned money. 

To be honest, I'm growing tired of jump up little, high horse riders constantly whining because not everyone is passionately and publicly deep throating indie devs. 

Some indie games are good and some are total trash. Some people only buy ps + for the games and when they don't have a single game they like 3 months in a row because they just happen to be indie glitch fests; you can't blame them for complaining. 

Not everyone has all 3 platforms some may only have a vita or ps4 and for those guys, ps + is for the most part a let down. 

• Like 1

To stay exactly how it is.

It is an excellent platform for getting indie developers the exposure they need, and more importantly, deserve.

How a lot of people turn their nose up at indie, in the same breath forgetting games like Rocket League and Helldivers hitting hard is proof in the pudding.  I like that it has turned into a way for things that might be get fired into the abyss and definitely don't deserve it.

Some of my best discoveries have been thanks to PS+ and I want it to stay that way.  I don't need it to give me games that are already popular, because odds are, I know about them and have purchased them already.  

• Like 4

• No broken games (small hiccups ok, it happens)
  • At least one AAA (any platform)

They can fill the rest up with indies (there are 1 or 2 gems per year out there but the rest is crap to me) as long as they meet those two.

As far as discounts go I don't care much because I try to avoid digital, but I do like their flash sales when a game's $1-5.

Overall I'm pretty happy with PS+.  The last couple of months have been a bit... meh, but the previous months easily make up for that.

Can see PS+ dropping PS3 games soon and just focusing on PS4 & Vita.  Though that would be sad (I still have my PS3 hooked up), would probably lead to more investment in getting a better quality PS4 games for the IGC.  

The best thing about PS+ is the variety of games that get offered up.  Have discovered so many GREAT gems that I otherwise would never have played. 

No AAA games

More expensive PS+

Less offered games

PS+ required for PS3 MP

No one expected this one, right? :awesome:

What I want has already been mentioned. Sony should realize who Vita owners are and give them games they want (not me, because I have a complete Vita library :awesome:).

Second, split PS+ from multiplayer BS. And consequently reduce its price. That way, everyone would be content. MP players would not care about "shitty indies" and could enjoy their MP, solo players would pay less for PS+ features.

• Like 2

so far i'm completely satisfied with ps+,

what else do you want for 50usd/year?? (its even less than 1x pre-order physical game value)

+ about widespread gaming taste - "best choice ever"

(so many different games for 2015, some of them was bad, but most was ok, without plus i'd never even know about some gems) [Rogue Legacy, Freedom Wars, Rocketbirds, etc]

+ additional discounts (seriously, they should manage discounts before plus) [that was a few disappointments when you buy game and in two weeks its become free]

ps

it would be a good decision if Sony avoid putting Telltale and MMO-based games in IGC ~

and broken games (Where is Dragon Fin Soup BTW??), some Indie Games is not bad, some just honestly never should pass QA // T_T

I would like ps plus to stay as it is now with the dirt cheap 50$/year tag; 0.136 cents a day what a joke. But add a psplusplus for 80$/year that include a AAA title that people are crying for every month or maybe keep the vote to play but keep them all AAA titles every 3 months.

It would be great if they had a pack with PS now for maybe 20 or 30 bucks more annually or something. There are a lot of PS3 games I'd still like to play but I don't own that console and the 20 bucks a month now seems a little steep to me since there are awesome new games coming out which makes the 20 bucks a month now not really worth it for me.

Also I'd like some discounts on DLC's or season passes. I really hate the fact that I have to spend 20 to 50 bucks extra on games to 100% them xD.

Overall I think it's a pretty good service though.

I was thinking of getting special discounts on games similar to what you play from your buying habits. 

Like if I get BlazBlue off of PSN, I can get 10 or 15% off Guilty Gear if I choose to purchase that sometime down the road.

Clearly there would be some limitation somewhere for people that buy EVERYTHING, but I think it's a place to start if you ask me.

User Interface! User Interface! User Interface!

For real, I mean something that flows smoothly and doesn't feel like it's glitching or lagging. Maybe like the U.I. from the original PSN?

Also, sales on DLC. I like having flash sales and the like but I wish it would extend to DLC more often than it does.

And lower the price on DLC that has been around for a long time. i.e. The Force Unleashed. That DLC has been the same price ($9.99 each) since 2008!

During the month of December it was possible to buy a 1 year PSNow sub for $99.99. It might be something they'll offer as a once in a while sale.

That was a good deal & I would have invested into that! $49.99 for three months is not a good investment to me!